CardsandBourbon

What Bourbon Did You Pass On Today (Fall 2019)

The Black Tot
23 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

How bad could it possibly be...?

I just couldnt pull the trigger. If it were 90 proof or higher, I wouldve gambled on it. 

20191210_164628.jpg

Dier god...

• I like it 1

Harry in WashDC
On 12/10/2019 at 5:51 PM, JCwhammie said:

How bad could it possibly be...?

I just couldnt pull the trigger. If it were 90 proof or higher, I wouldve gambled on it. 

20191210_164628.jpg

For some 40+ years, our local deli has been selling a house brand KSBW 80 proof.  About 20 years ago when the founding family sold the deli, I learned that their bourbon was from HH.  The new owners (Hi, Bill) continued selling this house brand, and it still is (or so I am told) HH 80 proof 4/4+ years.  THIS post encouraged me to buy my FIRST bottle of it.  So, THANKS.

Edited by Harry in WashDC

parksmart

Trying to exercise some self-restraint, even when the temptation is mighty.  Passed on 3 bottles of ECBP B519 on the shelf for $47.99.  Then when presented with 3 bottles of HMcK10 at $32.99, I picked up one bottle for @fosmith and left 2 behind.

Far easier to pass on W12 @ $119.99 at a later stop.

JCwhammie
3 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

For some 40+ years, our local deli has been selling a house brand KSBW 80 proof.  About 20 years ago when the founding family sold the deli, I learned that their bourbon was from HH.  The new owners (Hi, Bill) continued selling this house brand, and it still is (or so I am told) HH 80 proof 4/4+ years.  THIS post encouraged me to buy my FIRST bottle of it.  So, THANKS.

Cheers, Harry!

JCwhammie
7 hours ago, tascabe said:

Oh - there are initials in the name - that HAS to be good then...

@0895  We probably need to have another get together to compare these 3, Kirkland Bourbon (Costco Dickel), and Trader Joe's Bourbon. Then again maybe that's a crap idea. 

Edited by JCwhammie

Vosgar
10 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

We probably need to have another get together to compare these 3, Kirkland Bourbon (Costco Dickel), and Trader Joe's Bourbon. Then again maybe that's a crap idea. 

Could be a crapload of fun! Toss in a VOB 80 or some other low proof major distillery bourbon and have a blind sbs just for the hell of it.

22 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

We probably need to have another get together to compare these 3, Kirkland Bourbon (Costco Dickel), and Trader Joe's Bourbon. Then again maybe that's a crap idea. 

I’m busy that day...

• I like it 2

fishnbowljoe
23 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Could be a crapload of fun! Toss in a VOB 80 or some other low proof major distillery bourbon and have a blind sbs just for the hell of it.

Maybe add Cody Road too?  😥

Biba! Joe

Vosgar
4 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Maybe add Cody Road too?  😥

Biba! Joe

:D Too expensive