What Dram Are You Enjoying Fall 2019

Auracom
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I’m I the middle of nowhere western England but touring the Highlands of Scotland tonight.

12 Yr Puteney
12 Yr Annoc
Auchentoshan Three Wood
12 Yr Highland Park

Really liked the Annoc would like to try a higher proof as it was a bit soft but still probably my favorite.

Auchenroshan was also quite nice, very different than the Annoc, my two favorites.

IMG_8155.jpg

• I like it 2

Opened up the windows while enjoying a pour of Loch Lommond 12, feeling particularly Autumnal after a long day at work, quite enjoyable.

• I like it 2

13 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

I’m I the middle of nowhere western England but touring the Highlands of Scotland tonight.

12 Yr Puteney
12 Yr Annoc
Auchentoshan Three Wood
12 Yr Highland Park

Really liked the Annoc would like to try a higher proof as it was a bit soft but still probably my favorite.

Auchenroshan was also quite nice, very different than the Annoc, my two favorites.

IMG_8155.jpg

Not a huge bump, but the Ancnoc 12 is bottled at 43% ABV for the States. Doctoring it up with a few drops of a CS indie version works great as well.

IMG_2994.thumb.jpg.e3c09df05dea823fd80a5e747838a30d.jpg

• I like it 1

Not a huge bump, but the Ancnoc 12 is bottled at 43% ABV for the States. Doctoring it up with a few drops of a CS indie version works great as well.

IMG_2994.thumb.jpg.e3c09df05dea823fd80a5e747838a30d.jpg

Excellent I’ll be back in London Thursday and will take a look at the shop for this one.

10 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Excellent I’ll be back in London Thursday and will take a look at the shop for this one.

I really wouldn't recommend the Cadenhead, I'm only using it as a booster (although they may have a different bottling you can try prior to purchase). There might be an official 18yo or 24yo to be found-- both at 46% ABV, which would make far more sense to haul home.

Edited by Marekv8

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

There's a recently released Ancoc 16 cask strength around as well, full bourbon cask matured. 

• I like it 2

Well the weather here is pretty much winter.. dark, chilly and it hasn't stopped raining since I returned from Spain at the weekend, so I fancied a wintry pour.

This certainly benefits from some water, but once opened up is lovely.

20191001_213100.jpg

• I like it 4

I really wouldn't recommend the Cadenhead, I'm only using it as a booster (although they may have a different bottling you can try prior to purchase). There might be an official 18yo or 24yo to be found-- both at 46% ABV, which would make far more sense to haul home.

There's a recently released Ancoc 16 cask strength around as well, full bourbon cask matured. 

Thank you, I’ll try to do a bit of looking around on Thursday.

12 Yr Puteney
12 Yr Annoc
Auchentoshan Three Wood
12 Yr Highland Park

IMG_8155.thumb.jpg.eab3decbfe764016e835c281f88eda9e.jpg

Well tonight I did a quick ferry from Western England to Islay via a bottle of Ardbeg 10. Yeah still not a fan of the peat.

I didn’t find this. Made it to Cadenheads, very cool place, much better experience than the Whisky Exchange. I initially wanted a 20+ year single grain. Tried one of there nearly 30 year small batch Strathclyde. It was nice but didn’t want to shell out close to £100 for something that didn’t blow me away.

I mentioned that I enjoyed Ancnoc and they recommended the 9 year Knockdhu. Also recommended what I picked up below for under £60 and at 15 years. Can’t wait to open it.

IMG_8208.jpg
  • I like it 3

A wee Bowmore 15 at the bar before dinner in Tacoma. Feels like Scotland outside.

B7F2560D-625E-430B-B397-49808CA989C9.thumb.jpeg.62d77bf921ee9c6218f469da5eee5699.jpeg

• I like it 1

11 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

I didn’t find this. Made it to Cadenheads, very cool place, much better experience than the Whisky Exchange. I initially wanted a 20+ year single grain. Tried one of there nearly 30 year small batch Strathclyde. It was nice but didn’t want to shell out close to £100 for something that didn’t blow me away.

I mentioned that I enjoyed Ancnoc and they recommended the 9 year Knockdhu. Also recommended what I picked up below for under £60 and at 15 years. Can’t wait to open it.

IMG_8208.jpg

Nice pickups! Cadenhead's is always worth a visit

• I like it 1

Nice pickups! Cadenhead's is always worth a visit

Thanks! They had a 9yr Knockhdu but nothing older. They said this one had a similar profile.

17 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Thanks! They had a 9yr Knockhdu but nothing older. They said this one had a similar profile.

Would expect so! Enjoy the rest of your trip :)

Would expect so! Enjoy the rest of your trip [emoji4]

Great had a sample of this at the airport.

IMG_8210.jpg

It was very nice, not £200 nice but nice. I ended up getting a bottle of the 12 year that I also enjoyed.
  • I like it 2

23 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

A wee Bowmore 15 at the bar before dinner in Tacoma. Feels like Scotland outside.

B7F2560D-625E-430B-B397-49808CA989C9.thumb.jpeg.62d77bf921ee9c6218f469da5eee5699.jpeg

Tacoma?

Man, let me know the next time you are in the area and I’ll meet you for a drink.

14 hours ago, flahute said:

Tacoma?

Man, let me know the next time you are in the area and I’ll meet you for a drink.

Sure thing—  I make it up that way typically a couple of times annually. 

Cracked this bottle open tonight and it's a good one. Peated, but not a peat monster. At 60.1% abv I added a little water and that brought out some sweetness and tamed the licorice a bit.. I've become a fan of Ledaig.

Ledaig cask.jpg

• I like it 4

On 10/1/2019 at 9:46 PM, beasled said:

Well the weather here is pretty much winter.. dark, chilly and it hasn't stopped raining since I returned from Spain at the weekend, so I fancied a wintry pour.

This certainly benefits from some water, but once opened up is lovely.

20191001_213100.jpg

Returned to this tonight. Slowly turning into a favourite. 

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.