What Dram Are You Enjoying Fall 2019

Auracom
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Surprising-- and in a positive way. At 60.6% ABV I'm hoping that it's UCF-- but the specs are intentionally vague at this point.

IMG_3283.thumb.jpg.911b53e97617972d71185af61ce9e561.jpg

• I like it 1

What an awesomely fantastic whiskey.  Perfect with a little late afternoon email answering.  It’s been in my Top 5 whiskies for some time, but tonight I’m having to think hard if any of the other 4 can possibly rank higher...  :D

C1B5E24E-9DF2-4C11-81FC-D15B0B54941D.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 7

Moving has unearthed all kinds of cool samples I'd forgotten about-- the 69.5% ABV noses hard but is surprisingly palatable… 

IMG_3314.thumb.jpg.3531b31be64a691119014a766f687c1a.jpg

• I like it 1

What an awesomely fantastic whiskey.  Perfect with a little late afternoon email answering.  It’s been in my Top 5 whiskies for some time, but tonight I’m having to think hard if any of the other 4 can possibly rank higher...  [emoji3]

C1B5E24E-9DF2-4C11-81FC-D15B0B54941D.thumb.jpeg.4e4c3d016b84fc32681678fa33770360.jpeg

How about some of the higher proofed Lagavulin? This is certainly on my short list.

6 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

It’s been a quick progression, peat look what you done to me.

IMG_8353.jpg

Some fine choices there sir. No turning back now!

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

It’s been a quick progression, peat look what you done to me.

IMG_8353.jpg

Nice. Looks like it's time to grab the mechanical bull by the horns and seek out a Signatory CSC Glenturret or Ardmore.

• I like it 1

I picked up this Jameson Bow Street last week, and WOW what a great pour. I will definitely pick up another one for the bunker. 
FC0026C2-4BC8-4862-A87D-4B5E1241B91C.thumb.jpeg.65ea54fd62b89ab6b06313971a4a7373.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 11/9/2019 at 3:15 PM, LCWoody said:

I picked up this Jameson Bow Street last week, and WOW what a great pour. I will definitely pick up another one for the bunker. 
FC0026C2-4BC8-4862-A87D-4B5E1241B91C.thumb.jpeg.65ea54fd62b89ab6b06313971a4a7373.jpeg

Always a bit leary of blended whiskey but a barrel strength and Non chill filtered, not to mention 18yo, might be worth a try!

• I like it 3

Enjoying the last pour of CB Spice Tree Extravaganza.  Intense flavor for 46% ABV (I'll bet John did that on purpose!)

I wonder if the mix is different on this one vs. standard Jameson? Maybe more pot still I’m certainly interested in trying.

I’m having a plain old Glenlivet 12 pour while waiting for Chinese take out. Around $8 for a healthy pour. Definite sherry influence it’s quite nice actually. Definitely glad I picked this over the old WSR old bottle they had, the JD of Houston.

IMG_8380.thumb.jpg.ab14d591e9ef7ebab11599d5e2f7ac3f.jpg

For comparisons stakes among the boring standard single malts I think I prefer it over Glenfiddich and Glenmorangie.

• I like it 2

Last pour of a 2012 Compass Box Flaming Heart.   A healthy dose of peat, but nice sweetness and honey notes really make this extremely drinkable without being bludgeoned by the peat.   

D935749B-327C-4E59-8BE5-36D5849A3D9B.jpeg

• I like it 1

Not sure if this is the right spot but a pour of the Jameson Caskmates IPA. It was quite enjoyable at the Jameson setup at the Texans game after 5 beers in the parking lot.

IMG_8407.jpg

IMG_8408.jpg

• I like it 1

Found this dusty 2006 bottling yesterday-- only the second Glen Spey that I've got on the books. Far more interesting than I imagined it would be-- yet the the dissolving cork was exactly as imagined.

IMG_3418.thumb.jpg.8b48d8eb881ced273cfb805b8c437ec8.jpg

• I like it 1

Getting ready to sit down and watch The Irishman. This just seemed like a necessary pour. This bottle has been open for almost 6 years. I'm definitely more of a bourbon guy, but this ones pretty nice on occasion. I have a feeling the cask strength would be closer to my wheel house. This one's too quiet. 

20191127_183414.jpg

• I like it 2

On 11/27/2019 at 7:38 PM, JCwhammie said:

Getting ready to sit down and watch The Irishman. This just seemed like a necessary pour. This bottle has been open for almost 6 years. I'm definitely more of a bourbon guy, but this ones pretty nice on occasion. I have a feeling the cask strength would be closer to my wheel house. This one's too quiet. 

20191127_183414.jpg

Although, I like this standard bottling just fine, the cask strength is magnificent whiskey. It’s a step up in every way.  I would definitely recommend trying it.  

• I like it 2

Everything started out so well. Thanksgiving prep was good. Friends over for Thanksgiving was great. My girls went to grandma’s Friday and mom and dad saw Cirque’s Volta show and had a nice late dinner last night. Then today. After no injuries for my oldest daughter’s volleyball season and my youngest daughter’s cheer season, the little one was taken down by a damn indoor trampoline play place. Rolled her ankle bad playing dodgeball on the trampoline and has a hairline fracture on her growth plate. Poor kid. I just got done carrying her upstairs, helping with bathroom and bath duties, and putting her to bed. I needed some oomph to shake off the day. Springbank 12 CS and a Cohiba RD corona are helping with my realignment.

• I like it 1

15 minutes ago, BigRich said:

Everything started out so well. Thanksgiving prep was good. Friends over for Thanksgiving was great. My girls went to grandma’s Friday and mom and dad saw Cirque’s Volta show and had a nice late dinner last night. Then today. After no injuries for my oldest daughter’s volleyball season and my youngest daughter’s cheer season, the little one was taken down by a damn indoor trampoline play place. Rolled her ankle bad playing dodgeball on the trampoline and has a hairline fracture on her growth plate. Poor kid. I just got done carrying her upstairs, helping with bathroom and bath duties, and putting her to bed. I needed some oomph to shake off the day. Springbank 12 CS and a Cohiba RD corona are helping with my realignment.

Damn, sorry to hear that.  Hope she has a smooth recovery (and glad to hear the Springbank is helping with yours!)

20191127_183414.thumb.jpg.80d0acecc928f82cc0b9517cd61b6352.jpg

I really enjoyed the movie even if I feel that it’s time for the Scorese crew of actors to pass the torch. Redbreast is a great our but the Irishman was actually a fan of and mostly drank bad Chianti wine. I read the book as well and I think from his time in the war in Italy and his time with all those mafiaosas he ended up finding an affinity for Chianti which was the most common Italian wine at the time.

Sorry not exactly a post to like but I hope it al comes out all right and the SB CS lets you relax after a stressful day.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.