What water of life did you purchase - Fall/Winter 2019-20

lcpfratn
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I guess it’s probably time for a new thread, and what better way to jump start it than with some purchases that I made during my recent trip in the Nashville area.

IMG_6573.JPG

• I like it 4

43 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

I guess it’s probably time for a new thread, and what better way to jump start it than with some purchases that I made during my recent trip in the Nashville area.

Love me a bit of Linkwood...

• I like it 1

Love me a bit of Linkwood...

That was by far the cheapest bottle of the four, so if I like it I’ll probably pick up another the next time I’m in that area.
  • I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've never really warmed up to the Batch 4, so this was quite the toss of the coin…

IMG_3211.thumb.jpg.840d245fe2cd61c15fe0522b5441f164.jpg

• I like it 1

I've never really warmed up to the Batch 4, so this was quite the toss of the coin…

IMG_3211.thumb.jpg.840d245fe2cd61c15fe0522b5441f164.jpg

I like it quite a bit, but as a few others pointed out when I posted about it, I also like Dickel and a few other funky things...which means you’ll probably love it! [emoji6] Edit: I don’t mean that this is funky in any way, but others like to point out that I sometimes like things that they don’t. [emoji3]

I like it quite a bit, but as a few others pointed out when I posted about it, I also like Dickel and a few other funky things...which means you’ll probably love it! [emoji6] Edit: I don’t mean that this is funky in any way, but others like to point out that I sometimes like things that they don’t. [emoji3]

Yeah, I grabbed one on your gushing endorsement. [emoji12]

It’s a fine whisky but it is about 60% over priced.
  • I like it 2

Yeah, I grabbed one on your gushing endorsement. [emoji12]

It’s a fine whisky but it is about 60% over priced.

Well, hell Rich, just about everything is overpriced these days! [emoji12]

25 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Love it…

IMG_3235.thumb.jpg.c88ed62d6259615e8ef1feb106005acf.jpg

Package game is SUPER strong on this one.

14 hours ago, flahute said:

Package game is SUPER strong on this one.

Yes, extremely visually disruptive. LVMH usually sets the standard with their seasonal VAPs for both Ardbeg and Veuve Clicquot.

VCP-Mailbox-e1407322197411.jpg.29c51d1a118b91ed843c7bfc0a5c8fc3.jpg

• I like it 1

35 minutes ago, beasled said:

20191021_162204.jpg

Damn nice pair there. I wonder if the Longrow 21 will make it to the States?

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

Damn nice pair there. I wonder if the Longrow 21 will make it to the States?

Thank you sir. There's no mention of it being UK/Europe exclusive so I would imagine so. It is selling out everywhere instantly over here, as expected, so be quick if it does!

• I like it 1

My first bottle of Glen Scotia of any kind...can’t find any where I live, so I grabbed this when I saw it at LRP while on a road trip to south MS.

IMG_0109.JPG

• I like it 1

I haven't figured Glen Scotia out yet. I once had a magic pour of a cask selection at a Campbeltown hotel, but I've also had some boring ones.

The Rum Cask peated special edition for the Campbeltown malts festival, which is still available in Campbeltown, is really nice and great value in the current climate, but it's not "back up the truck" good. 

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

I haven't figured Glen Scotia out yet. I once had a magic pour of a cask selection at a Campbeltown hotel, but I've also had some boring ones.

The Rum Cask peated special edition for the Campbeltown malts festival, which is still available in Campbeltown, is really nice and great value in the current climate, but it's not "back up the truck" good. 

I've tried a few Glen Scotias and I've come to the conclusion that it is a rather laid back malt, especially compared to Springbank. The GS 15 is superbly well balanced, which makes it a very decent non-complex sipper. I've yet to try anything from them that is a boundary pusher, but I think that's just their style. 

• I like it 2

Tough to pass up a 16yo Highland Park with an interesting presentation and very transparent specs for $75.00. Got trampled by the frenzied bourbon folks while trying to purchase it— clearly ’tis the season.

D43120F7-3321-4FC7-9C91-C071362FE9F0.thumb.jpeg.6760d4b1f2ca1bd72acff6204edee1ce.jpeg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

Tough to pass up a 16yo Highland Park with an interesting presentation and very transparent specs for $75.00. Got trampled by the frenzied bourbon folks while trying to purchase it— clearly ’tis the season.

D43120F7-3321-4FC7-9C91-C071362FE9F0.thumb.jpeg.6760d4b1f2ca1bd72acff6204edee1ce.jpeg

What is the peat situation with the Highland Park line?

Well that escalated quickly. I went from avoiding peat to having a sudden urgent desire in about a 3 week period and picked this up today. I decided to start slow with what I been told is a lightly peated bottle to start. I think I really like this. Such a great depth of flavors in Scotch.

Springbank 10 is yum.

IMG_8297.jpg

• I like it 3

12 hours ago, flahute said:

What is the peat situation with the Highland Park line?

Present but well integrated— a smoky chassis for what can be a very muscular drivetrain. In this instance, the previous contents from the Rioja rinsed casks dominate the delivery, but the smoke and salt come through on the finish. Good news is that Highland Park offers 50mL bottles... I think these came from the nice guys at Liquor & Liquor in Tacoma.

IMG_3247.thumb.jpg.312743fc9834cb1c3745a2b4ae8daa26.jpg

12 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Well that escalated quickly. I went from avoiding peat to having a sudden urgent desire in about a 3 week period and picked this up today. I decided to start slow with what I been told is a lightly peated bottle to start. I think I really like this. Such a great depth of flavors in Scotch.

Springbank 10 is yum.

IMG_8297.thumb.thumb.jpg.54d487d5662d403d458f592c6fd9454b.jpg

• I like it 4

On 10/26/2019 at 11:23 AM, Marekv8 said:

Haha, or as I have heard it called, Tobermory farts. I really enjoy Ledaig.

• I like it 1

Indeed it was a nice next step. I think I’m ready to go all on peat.

I think the local has the Ardbeg 10 with the campfire mugs for $45, may pick this up.
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.