What water of life did you purchase - Fall/Winter 2019-20

lcpfratn
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up an Ardbeg Corryvreckan for the holidays (because nothing says Christmas like cask-strength Ardbeg!)  Not disappointed!

• I like it 3

Didn’t knock my socks off but quite nice, I’m actually considering the 8yr cask strength or the heavily peated.

IMG_8593.jpg

7 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Didn’t knock my socks off but quite nice, I’m actually considering the 8yr cask strength or the heavily peated.

IMG_8593.jpg

Having tried a few of the Work in Progress bottles, the 12 is definitely on the lighter side. It could use a bit more of something, though not sure what. More sherry? More peat? 

Having tried a few of the Work in Progress bottles, the 12 is definitely on the lighter side. It could use a bit more of something, though not sure what. More sherry? More peat? 

That’s exactly it, too light. I’m thinking the peat would be nice.

2 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

That’s exactly it, too light. I’m thinking the peat would be nice.

I wonder if that is where the Peat In Progress release is leading to. As with Springbank will they have a lightly peated, heavily peated and non peated bottling...? Time will tell. 

I wonder if that is where the Peat In Progress release is leading to. As with Springbank will they have a lightly peated, heavily peated and non peated bottling...? Time will tell. 

Thinking of Springbank peated, I tried to pick up a Longrow for $52 but they where sold out. I’m going to try sister store later.

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

Only 107 PPM for this release...

414A4566-5686-45F1-8A8B-5AA06A5BB3FC.thumb.jpeg.2cec4e100fc9d377ac1ef88ac2fea7d4.jpeg

Quite the change in course for a whiskey usually well beyond 200ppm!

not exactly killing it like @Marekv8 but did grab a few bottles last week... i think i'm going to double down on more old label Pulteney 12 and 17 because i'm really not a fan of their brand shifts. 

54E1AAA7-BB6A-4D3F-BDC4-9AB9E6DE2C73.thumb.jpeg.bc848cf37061d082f0f7053c2bf768e5.jpeg

• I like it 2

57 minutes ago, Auracom said:

not exactly killing it like @Marekv8 but did grab a few bottles last week... i think i'm going to double down on more old label Pulteney 12 and 17 because i'm really not a fan of their brand shifts. 

54E1AAA7-BB6A-4D3F-BDC4-9AB9E6DE2C73.thumb.jpeg.bc848cf37061d082f0f7053c2bf768e5.jpeg

Loving that 1992/2003 Ardmore-- what a great find. Agree with you on the recent Old Pulteney releases-- I'm trying to dig up earlier G&M Distillery Label OP21 46%ABV bottlings as well.

• I like it 1

not exactly killing it like [mention=13391]Marekv8[/mention] but did grab a few bottles last week... i think i'm going to double down on more old label Pulteney 12 and 17 because i'm really not a fan of their brand shifts. 

Looks good no one is killing it like Marekv8.

11 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Looks good no one is killing it like Marekv8.

He is the Jedi Master of Scotch.

• I like it 3

10 hours ago, flahute said:

He is the Jedi Master of Scotch.

Obi Wan Kininvie?

I feel as though I’ve just scratched the surface— but that’s the fun of it. 

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

I feel as though I’ve just scratched the surface— but that’s the fun of it. 

The sign of a true master! Never believing that you've arrived and that there is still much to learn.

Pay attention folks.

• I like it 3

Last pick of the year— as odd as they come. Unearthed during year-end inventory, with an old-school wooden box (with beveled mirror inside, but alas no ballerina) actually made by a human. 

58A01DEF-1854-456A-AE58-0229A8A57149.thumb.jpeg.31279354029695f362da5fecb24d1179.jpeg

• I like it 3

I know it's not the fanciest or the best, but it is still my favorite. I received a bottle of The Balvenie Double Wood 12-years old for Christmas. It makes me happy.

One day, I might splurge on one of their older expressions.

Edited by ratcheer
  • I like it 1

On 12/23/2019 at 5:37 PM, Marekv8 said:

After years of struggle, I finally came to terms with my Excalibrora…

IMG_3655.thumb.jpg.34ee79d44200fdbb352b9e4ab79ee5fa.jpg

Is that the one from up north you were worried about flying back with?

8 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Is that the one from up north you were worried about flying back with?

Nope— much closer to home. I used to visit this one weekly over the last four years until I finally worked up the courage to ask it out. Hopefully the bottle in CT (a 34yo) is still there, as I’ll probably have to drive up when/if my son graduates from high school in June.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.