Where to find Ancient Ancient Age?

cfochs
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thinking about touring a couple distilleries in the near future.  I'm curious if there are any liquor stores in the Louisville/Lexington or surrounding area that might have Ancient Ancient Age on hand?  I'll obviously be picking out other bourbons on my trip, but I'm I fan of mashbill #2 and would like to see how Ancient Ancient Age compares. 

19 minutes ago, cfochs said:

Thinking about touring a couple distilleries in the near future.  I'm curious if there are any liquor stores in the Louisville/Lexington or surrounding area that might have Ancient Ancient Age on hand?  I'll obviously be picking out other bourbons on my trip, but I'm I fan of mashbill #2 and would like to see how Ancient Ancient Age compares. 

Just as an FYI, you can actually contact Buffalo Trace and ask.  They might be able to help you find it.

I think you might enjoy AAA.  It's a decent value pour with a familiar flavor.

Edited by 0895

11 hours ago, cfochs said:

I'm curious if there are any liquor stores in the Louisville/Lexington or surrounding area that might have Ancient Ancient Age on hand?

When we visited KY back in April, we were able to get Ancient Ancient Age (10-Star) at Liquor Barn in Lexington.

For its price, it is probably one of the best value pours in bourbon currently. In Georgia, 1.75L bottles are always available and dusty at $29.99 and I couldn't be happier for that.

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, clearmoon247 said:

When we visited KY back in April, we were able to get Ancient Ancient Age (10-Star) at Liquor Barn in Lexington.

For its price, it is probably one of the best value pours in bourbon currently. In Georgia, 1.75L bottles are always available and dusty at $29.99 and I couldn't be happier for that.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  This is exactly the information I was looking for.  

I will try to contact Buffalo Trace as well, but I've been burned in the past by incorrect information they provided.

Here I sit in the middle of the bourbon universe and I've never seen a bottle of AAA 10 yr. in the wild.  My Liquor Barn never has it.  I'm a big fan of BT products so I would love to find a bottle.

31 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Here I sit in the middle of the bourbon universe and I've never seen a bottle of AAA 10 yr. in the wild.  My Liquor Barn never has it.  I'm a big fan of BT products so I would love to find a bottle.

Sorry to say, but the AAA 10yr is long gone. All that's left is the much younger 10 Star.

2 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Sorry to say, but the AAA 10yr is long gone. All that's left is the much younger 10 Star.

10 yr. 10⭐, makes no difference.  Can't find them anywhere. Kind of :angry: when you think about it.

2 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

10 yr. 10⭐, makes no difference.  Can't find them anywhere. Kind of :angry: when you think about it.

Simply not going to find the 10 Star too many places.  I've never seen it in NY/NJ.  And as Vosgar mentioned, the 10 Year is long gone. I just went back into my emails to find the one time I picked up AAA 10 Yr.  The Party Source in KY used to ship out-of-state, and in 2012 (shortly before they stopped shipping), they had a shipping special.  I remember there being so many options that were not available in NY/NJ, and if I could only transport back in time, I would have stocked up so much more (and done a much better job picking what to order).  I have like random $20 Irish whiskeys in my order, and to think of what I likely didn't add to my cart at the time. 

Here is the AAA line item...(I still have the second bottle unopened in the bunker).  From what I recall of the first bottle, it is nothing magical, but a solid, cheap, MB#2 sipping whiskey.

Qty: 2     Price:19.99     ANCIENT ANCIENT AGE 86 BOURBON 10YR - 1.0 L

6 hours ago, jeffrey r said:

Simply not going to find the 10 Star too many places.  I've never seen it in NY/NJ.  And as Vosgar mentioned, the 10 Year is long gone. I just went back into my emails to find the one time I picked up AAA 10 Yr.  The Party Source in KY used to ship out-of-state, and in 2012 (shortly before they stopped shipping), they had a shipping special.  I remember there being so many options that were not available in NY/NJ, and if I could only transport back in time, I would have stocked up so much more (and done a much better job picking what to order).  I have like random $20 Irish whiskeys in my order, and to think of what I likely didn't add to my cart at the time. 

Here is the AAA line item...(I still have the second bottle unopened in the bunker).  From what I recall of the first bottle, it is nothing magical, but a solid, cheap, MB#2 sipping whiskey.

Qty: 2     Price:19.99     ANCIENT ANCIENT AGE 86 BOURBON 10YR - 1.0 L

Ahhh......memory lane. I bought a private selection bottle of AAA 10yr from the Party Source in 2012 for the low, low price of $17.99. The last bottles of the 10 yr. I found were in 2014 at a store in Milwaukee with liter bottles going for $18.99. I was even able to pick up a case of them for a fellow SB'er (thank goodness for my spreadsheet, otherwise I'd never be able to remember these details). As you said, it's nothing magical, but I like it and that's all that really matters :D

Now if I could only find some more of the also discontinued AA BIB. Got a handful of 200ml's left and its gotten very tough for me to open one these days.

• I like it 1

12 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Ahhh......memory lane. I bought a private selection bottle of AAA 10yr from the Party Source in 2012 for the low, low price of $17.99. The last bottles of the 10 yr. I found were in 2014 at a store in Milwaukee with liter bottles going for $18.99. I was even able to pick up a case of them for a fellow SB'er (thank goodness for my spreadsheet, otherwise I'd never be able to remember these details). As you said, it's nothing magical, but I like it and that's all that really matters :D

Now if I could only find some more of the also discontinued AA BIB. Got a handful of 200ml's left and its gotten very tough for me to open one these days.

Hey Gary, I still have 1 left.

15701440418742559210276295231185.jpg

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Guss West said:

NC ABC had it stacked deep.  

I see it in MD also.   

Ignore me.  I'm new.  Stupid and misread the post, obvs. 

I've always wanted to try the AAA 10. 

AAA 10* has been my favorite 'value' pour.  I personally liked it more than the AAA 10yr when I did a blind SBS.  IIRC, the 10yr was 86 proof, while 10* was/is 90.  

Checking prices on family sizes locally . . . I should do a blind sbs with that and EW BIB (which is $2 cheaper for the 1.75l at $22.99, and 10 proof points higher . . . )

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Come on over to the wild side. The Va ABC has handles for $28.99.

4 hours ago, GaryT said:

AAA 10* has been my favorite 'value' pour.  I personally liked it more than the AAA 10yr when I did a blind SBS.  IIRC, the 10yr was 86 proof, while 10* was/is 90.  

Checking prices on family sizes locally . . . I should do a blind sbs with that and EW BIB (which is $2 cheaper for the 1.75l at $22.99, and 10 proof points higher . . . )

Yes you should ?this would be very interesting as EWBIB is my house pour as it’s predecessors have either changed, gone upmarket, been discontinued...

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, kcgumbohead said:

Yes you should ?this would be very interesting as EWBIB is my house pour as it’s predecessors have either changed, gone upmarket, been discontinued...

EWBIB is so good for the price....need to keep that one under wraps lest it too gets overhyped and bought out

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, GoCubs85 said:

EWBIB is so good for the price....need to keep that one under wraps lest it too gets overhyped and bought out

I can see this already starting to happen. At least the bought out part.

Not that long ago, EWBIB had finally started being stocked at a couple of stores in my area. It still is, but there are times that it disappears for a bit. The demise of the HH6 BIB hasn’t helped much either.  :mellow: There were a number of trips to KY when pretty much all I brought home was a “few” HH6 BIB‘s. My last couple of trips, it’s been JW Dant,  JTS Brown and maybe EW for BIB’s, along with a few others odds and ends.

Biba! Joe

26 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Not that long ago, EWBIB had finally started being stocked at a couple of stores in my area. It still is, but there are times that it disappears for a bit. The demise of the HH6 BIB hasn’t helped much either.  :mellow: There were a number of trips to KY when pretty much all I brought home was a “few” HH6 BIB‘s. My last couple of trips, it’s been JW Dant,  JTS Brown and maybe EW for BIB’s, along with a few others odds and ends.

Biba! Joe

The cost for  EWBIB at my favorite local LS, here in MD, went up a dollar.   Pissed me off.

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, kcgumbohead said:

Found my 'me time' project for tomorrow morning (at least the shopping part).  I can't claim to have a house pour, but I will miss HH6yrBIB.  I swear I've tried EWBIB, but can't remember where/when/how.  But hell - for the price, if I don't like it - not a big deal (and even then, I'm sure it would be perfectly serviceable for some cocktails).

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

I’ve never seen it out of stock in NC ABCs, bottles upon bottles.  This month it’s even on sale!

On 10/3/2019 at 7:54 PM, Vosgar said:

And I still have a few left, too. One of my all time faves. And a great way to meet you in person.

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, GaryT said:

Found my 'me time' project for tomorrow morning (at least the shopping part).  I can't claim to have a house pour, but I will miss HH6yrBIB.  I swear I've tried EWBIB, but can't remember where/when/how.  But hell - for the price, if I don't like it - not a big deal (and even then, I'm sure it would be perfectly serviceable for some cocktails).

I imagine you’ll enjoy it. By “house pour” I mean I always have a bottle, occasionally have a sip and enjoy it but its there for its swiss army knife like utility.  Cocktails, cooking.... someone wants ( but really doesn’t) some whiskey that will then get doused with soda. I am good with all of that as its readily available, well under 20 bucks and it is good but its presence protects my actual stash from the above. Now if genuine enthusiasts stop by, well its an open bar. EWBIB is a neat pour I have enjoyed each and every time I have had it.

• I like it 1

I have my cousin in Lawrenceburg pick me up a couple every time he comes home to visit. My favorite value pour.

1B291D03-4BDA-4C02-9810-6FB97487C111.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.