AA warehouses, why were they sold?

BSS
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Does anyone know why Ancient Age(Buffalo Trace) sold the two warehouses that now house the KY Personnel and Revenue Cabinets? I think they were sold back in the mid-late 80s, were they really hard up for money or did they just not need them anymore? I've always wondered why they sold them.

Are you sure they were ever used as whiskey rackhouses? I have some vague recollection that they were built as offices but designed to resemble the nearby rackhouses, just so they would blend in with their surroundings, or that they were begun as rackhouses but never actually used as such and were converted to offices before their construction was completed. Something like that.

I'm 99.9% positive that they were warehouses. The .1% is because maybe they didn't use them as warehouses, but I know they were part of the distillery. They were old whenever they were converted. Chuck if you don't know, its a slim chance that anyone else knows the answer.

Thanks for bringing this up, as I have often wondered, growing up in Frankfort, why there were so many cars parked outside of a rickhouse lol.gif

Is there anyone else that posts on here that lived or lives in Frankfort. I live right out side of it, but when they converted them I was too young to pay attention or care for that matter as to why AA sold them. But I do remember them being old warehouse and then being converted into office buildings.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.