The Pappy of Spiked Seltzers!

dcbt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I can only hope the masses migrate to this stuff and leave whiskey alone going forward.

• I like it 1

I can only hope the masses migrate to this stuff and leave whiskey alone going forward.

It’s working on my wife. [emoji3166]

4 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Just so happens that one of my clients is the person who created this drink. Last I spoke to them about it back in the summer, it was the best selling alcoholic beverage in the country.

My wife has been drinking hard seltzer for over a year now. She told me a month or so ago that she heard there is a nation wide shortage of White Claw. The couple different grocery stores we shop are always flush with it. I guess the shortage isn't in Ohio.

My wife has been drinking hard seltzer for over a year now. She told me a month or so ago that she heard there is a nation wide shortage of White Claw. The couple different grocery stores we shop are always flush with it. I guess the shortage isn't in Ohio.

Georgia is slinging it strong too Phil

What exactly is it? Is it basically malt beverage or is it spiked seltzer water with grain alcohol or something? I believe I’ve seen this at grocery stores in Texas which are only allowed to sell beer or wine, so I assume it’s a malt beverage.

My friend says malt beverage but gluten free.

5 hours ago, Phil T said:

It is true that they can't make enough of it to keep up.

Ok. I only said there is no shortage in our area.

Edited by Phil T

Ha yeah just saw a bunch here at Spec’s in Texas. Although no mango, so....

It’s also created a shortage of the slim profile aluminum cans— which serves to thwart many “craft” breweries trying to quickly jump into seltzer production to right their sinking ships. 

On 10/7/2019 at 10:18 AM, tanstaafl2 said:

If only we could be so lucky. No, I have to imagine anyone taking this up instead of "whiskey" is migrating from Fireball or Crown Royal Peach and the like.

On 10/8/2019 at 10:28 AM, HoustonNit said:

What exactly is it? Is it basically malt beverage or is it spiked seltzer water with grain alcohol or something? I believe I’ve seen this at grocery stores in Texas which are only allowed to sell beer or wine, so I assume it’s a malt beverage.

My friend says malt beverage but gluten free.

Yep, flavored malt beverage. It's Zima for a new generation.

Edited by EarthQuake

It’s a neutral fermented sugar base so can qualify as gluten free and different tax implications. 

On 10/8/2019 at 1:41 PM, Phil T said:

Sorry if I sounded like I didn't believe you! Not my intent.

What I meant was, all markets added up together - they can't keep up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.