They finally did it! ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Over the years, many of us have joked that someone should come up with a bourbon car air freshener. As the title of this topic states, they finally did it! My son had to stop at Auto Zone today. Below is a pic of what he bought for me. 

Biba! Joe

air.jpeg

• I like it 3

Hmmmmm.  ?  Might wanna be EXTRA Careful not to get pulled over by the police while this baby's hangin' in yer car.    They might get the wrong idea about that aroma.  :o   Just sayin'.......

Might be a better in-the-house air freshener, maybe?  ^_^

• I like it 2

LOL!

If you want your car to smell like bourbon, pick up a used barrel that's had the heads cut off and the staves cut into smaller pieces. Place all of this into the trunk of your car.

Leave said items in your trunk for approximately 1 hour. 

Your entire car will strongly smell like bourbon for an indeterminate amount of time.

If you are wondering, yes, I speak from first hand experience. Luckily, the car was a rental. 

• I like it 4

3 minutes ago, flahute said:

LOL!

If you want your car to smell like bourbon, pick up a used barrel that's had the heads cut off and the staves cut into smaller pieces. Place all of this into the trunk of your car.

Leave said items in your trunk for approximately 1 hour. 

Your entire car will strongly smell like bourbon for an indeterminate amount of time.

If you are wondering, yes, I speak from first hand experience. Luckily, the car was a rental. 

Um, not to be Captain Obvious over here, but . . .

The same result can be had by purchasing a 750 of Benchmark or AA or equivalent, opening it, and dumping it on the felt mat the carmakers put in the trunk.  OR, purchase a single barrel MM in FEB 2019 and put it in the wheelwell then forget it is there until SEP 2019 when you go looking for the smell and find that the cork has not maintained its integrity.  I, too, speak from experience, and it was/is NOT a rental.

• I like it 4

7 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Um, not to be Captain Obvious over here, but . . .

The same result can be had by purchasing a 750 of Benchmark or AA or equivalent, opening it, and dumping it on the felt mat the carmakers put in the trunk.  OR, purchase a single barrel MM in FEB 2019 and put it in the wheelwell then forget it is there until SEP 2019 when you go looking for the smell and find that the cork has not maintained its integrity.  I, too, speak from experience, and it was/is NOT a rental.

Awwwww, BUMMER!    :o?

I once had a (not very) similar experience with the second bottle of Noah's Mill I ever bought.     It was opened, sampled, then tucked into a well-concealed box in my trunk with 5-other opened bottles of various Bourbons acquired on the second-ever trip to visit the Gazebo.   Those bottles were hidden under several other things, including my overnight bag and a jacket in order not to be seen, in case I had the misfortune to be pulled over during the 6-hour drive home the following day.   I began smelling the evidence of said misfortune less than a half-hour into the trip home; but, elected not to park and investigate/repair the issue... Ooooooops!    Upon arrival at my home in SE Michigan, I found the NM cork had loosened/popped up (almost off) and the Bourbon inside had been 'splashing' out and off-gassing the wonderful aroma because of this.   I didn't lose much out of that bottle, maybe an ounce or so; but it smelled like waaaaay more, and made the car (and my bag) smell wonderful for many a day hence.

No way?! Haha this is great - funny because now my wife (who claims to think I’m too into some of my hobbies, ie cigars and bourbon) is always pointing out all of the bourbon-related items out in the market, from candles to face washes and also everyone and their mother using bourbon in some recipe to market it towards us bourbon lovers lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.