Fred Effect?

Shizzy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

10 hours ago, TimeWillTell said:

Serious question: where I the US is Stagg Jr regularly on the shelf? Sincere thank you. 

Here in No. Calif. it seems to have become really scarce in the last year.  None of my usual places have gotten any except K&L.  K&L got an allocation yesterday and sold out in less than an hour - probably within minutes.  And that's with a one bottle per customer limit.  And, I think only one batch has been released so far in 2019.

I've only seen it twice in the past year in NY's Hudson Valley. One store had it for 64.99 and sold out in a 2 days, the other had it for 55.99 i believe, where I grabbed a bottle and left 2 on the shelf where they disappeared quickly.

I just realized that I haven’t seen Stagg JR on the shelves in my area for a while now.  Hmmmm. It used to be readily available at a couple of decent stores from the upper $40’s to mid $50’s. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

38 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I just realized that I haven’t seen Stagg JR on the shelves in my area for a while now.  Hmmmm. It used to be readily available at a couple of decent stores from the upper $40’s to mid $50’s. 

Biba! Joe

I saw it today downtown Chicago for $65.  It was on the top shelf so I couldn't tell you what batch.  Nice to see it though!

While we barely get any highly allocated in Iowa (a trip across the border to IL or WI is often very fruitful), I can usually pick up a bottle or two a year at retail ($53-ish). It's not a sits on the shelf sort of bottle, but it's not too hard to track down.

23 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Fairly regularly in and around WashDC with WIDE price range.  When offered at $99 per 750 which is the upper range here, it seems to sit on the shelf awhile.  At the lowest price I usually see here - $55 to $65, it disappears pretty quickly.

In VA at $52.99 it sells very quickly and is usually gone as soon as the store opens.

• I like it 1

If it's getting pressured, it should bounce back pretty quickly, since it's not particularly old and it's Mashbill #1 which is what BT overwhelmingly makes the most of. 

5 hours ago, The Black Tot said:

If it's getting pressured, it should bounce back pretty quickly, since it's not particularly old and it's Mashbill #1 which is what BT overwhelmingly makes the most of. 

Not to vector off but I sure wish Saz would have the option of cutting their BT barrels loose as Stagg jr. 

when my group picked at Buf Trace one of the barrels was stellar at cask strength. Happy to have a nice BT but it was disappointing after getting proofed to 90. 

• I like it 1

6 minutes ago, Mako254 said:

Not to vector off but I sure wish Saz would have the option of cutting their BT barrels loose as Stagg jr. 

when my group picked at Buf Trace one of the barrels was stellar at cask strength. Happy to have a nice BT but it was disappointing after getting proofed to 90. 

I've never done a pick, but I agree. Even going to 100 proof and throwing it in an EHT tube would be better than BT. That may not fit into their pricing model, though. Hell if I know. 

On 10/11/2019 at 4:51 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Retirement getting to ya’ Kevin?  ?

Biba! Joe

Well I do have a lot more time on my hands so . . . 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.