Have ever bartered for Whiskey?

MrPatrick
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I had some really nice in wall speakers. I wasn’t going to put them in the house, I already has an excellent surround sound system. I wanted to turn them into stand alone speakers. I got the idea to make used 5 gallon whiskey barrels as the speaker cabinets.

I went to a local micro distillery, 117 degrees west spirits to size up how they would fit on the barrel ends. The distiller liked the idea so much, he had to have them. We bartered, and settled on three bottles for the speakers. I’ll update this when I know he has them finished. They should be awesome.

I have quite a few of their bottles, gins, Bourbon, Single malt and more. I wanted some of their limited, unique offerings.

I came away with a whiskey make from an oatmeal stout, smooth and with a great mouth feel.

A limited edition collaboration with a local brewery. Very unique flavor, just a hint of the hops.

And a rum that was finished in whiskey barrels, great neat or as rum old fashioned or Manhattan.

If you happen to be in the San Diego area I recommend this tiny distillery.

IMG_1618.JPGAdjustments.JPG

I usually used/accepted beer instead of bourbon.  Sometimes pizza.  But then, I'm older, and all those "trades" were many moons ago.

• I like it 1

I had a friend that went on a Canadian fishing trip a few years ago. I loaned him my trolling motor for that trip. He brought me back a bottle of Gibson’s Canadian 12 year as a thank you. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Here is what a 5 gallon whiskey speaker looks like. I think he will be painting the speaker itself black. They will be placed up on shelves on the little cradles that the barrel rests on while the whiskey ages. I haven’t heard them but have been told they sound excellent with a full rich sound. IMG_1632.JPG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.