Just finished and sold my second bourbon barrel

Theantiquetiger2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Friend at work saw mine, so he asked me to build him one. Now he has three friends that want one. 

The one one on the left is mine

sFKb5uL.jpg

Edited by Theantiquetiger2
  • I like it 5

Nice.  I wasn't paying attention earlier -- Lazy Susan shelves?  I converted a 1940s standup radio to a liquor cabinet many years ago (cut out the grill and rebuilt it as a lift-out "door" and replaced the radio/speaker with a car radio/cassette w/similar push buttons).  Reaching the stuff in the back of the bottom shelf required my lying on the floor.  The barrel is MUCH more practical and space-efficient.

24 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Nice.  I wasn't paying attention earlier -- Lazy Susan shelves?  I converted a 1940s standup radio to a liquor cabinet many years ago (cut out the grill and rebuilt it as a lift-out "door" and replaced the radio/speaker with a car radio/cassette w/similar push buttons).  Reaching the stuff in the back of the bottom shelf required my lying on the floor.  The barrel is MUCH more practical and space-efficient.

No lazy Susan, yet.  It’s not really deep enough to warrant one, I feel. 

• I like it 1

I like it.

If someone wanted the Lazy Susan, you could find one made to sit inside cabinets.  I used to use one for spices.  It's a plastic plate that sits on a base that rotates.

53 minutes ago, PaulO said:

I like it.

If someone wanted the Lazy Susan, you could find one made to sit inside cabinets.  I used to use one for spices.  It's a plastic plate that sits on a base that rotates.

I’ve found the lazy Susan hardware on Amazon for about $20, that’s not the problem. The problem would be making sure the shelf is mounted perfectly.  It’s hard enough to get just a shelf perfect. 

These barrels are a thing of beauty.  I’ve never been a woodworker/carpenter, so I’ve never understood woodworkers going crazy over a certain wood, etc.  But after sanding/staining these barrels, I feel what they feel.  These barrels are gorgeous. 

CPfb5kC.jpg

3N5ztcz.jpg

xKSqLSm.jpg

All that from some nasty thing like this:

BrfTwB2.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.