1849 8 Year Time Line

Insanityabounds
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey gents, I am looking for aome guidance here. I'm looking to source a bottle of 1849 8 year from Italy that was bottled in 2003. It has their version of a tax strip. I am curious if it is even possible to tell if these bottles still had stitzel weller juice in them or not or if it had all switched to heaven hill by then. Thanks! 

14 hours ago, Insanityabounds said:

Hey gents, I am looking for aome guidance here. I'm looking to source a bottle of 1849 8 year from Italy that was bottled in 2003. It has their version of a tax strip. I am curious if it is even possible to tell if these bottles still had stitzel weller juice in them or not or if it had all switched to heaven hill by then. Thanks! 

The brand was acquired by Heaven Hill in 1999. S-W closed in 1992. HH did receive some amount of SW barrels. Presumably the last of those SW barrels were used for that John Fitzgerald 20 year release they did in the 375 bottles a few years ago. Is it possible that HH include some SW juice in a 2003 bottling of 1849? Yeah it’s possible but that would’ve been at least 11 year old juice at that point. It certainly could’ve been a blend of multiple sources. Have you seen the label? Does it by chance list a DSP on the back? 

Yea, the math doesn't quite add up does it? It does not have a DSP I have seen. It would be an Italian import. I think the year plus the price amount to it not be SW, I will see if I can pull a pic. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.