clearmoon247

Copycat Vatting - A question

clearmoon247

I'm sure this is a silly question, but would there be a better location to post recipes to make copy-cat (aka Poor Man's Blends) than the General Bourbon Discussion board?

I ask this because I have several recipes that I would love to share with the community.

Galvin0791

I'm gonna try to help out here. Let's see if this works.

😁

Hmmm, this is from last year... and we're almost into next year. We could start a current vatting thread??

Edited by Galvin0791
Kinda jumped the gun...

clearmoon247

Would it be too crazy to start a Vatting Thread 2020 at this point?

EarthQuake

I think it would be better to keep that thread going. If you split it up by year, then anyone looking for a specific blend has to search through multiple years. If it's meant to catalog various blends, keep it all in one spot I say.

Edited by EarthQuake
  • I like it 3

smokinjoe
59 minutes ago, EarthQuake said:

I think it would be better to keep that thread going. If you split it up by year, then anyone looking for a specific blend has to search through multiple years. If it's meant to catalog various blends, keep it all in one spot I say.

Yep.  I agree.  

• I like it 1

clearmoon247
3 hours ago, EarthQuake said:

If you split it up by year, then anyone looking for a specific blend has to search through multiple years

By that logic, wouldn't someone searching for a 2019 recipe also be searching through multiple years in the 2018 thread listed above?

Richnimrod
5 hours ago, clearmoon247 said:

By that logic, wouldn't someone searching for a 2019 recipe also be searching through multiple years in the 2018 thread listed above?

Quick clarification?   What would be different in any recipe from year to year? 

In other words, why might someone be searching for a '2018' (or any other particular year) recipe for "XYZ" Blend rather just looking for the recipe to make"XYZ" Blend?   What am I missing?

clearmoon247

As an example; i looked for the original post for the SB Blend, knew it was done in 2008, but couldn't find where at all. After talking with the creator (or the one who was credited with it), it seems to have been created in a chat at the time.