Michigan liquor shortage driven by this....

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

THX. Republic NDC is a major player in WDC.  I wonder if the software issue is only in their MICH offices.  I have a major run to make on TUES to replenish supplies (mostly non-bourbon).  I shall ask.

EDIT - "household" supplies - I am a consumer only, not an active participant on the other side of the counter.  Just to be clear.

Edited by Harry in WashDC

6 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Things that make you go hmmmmm. ?   There are times that I wonder if this type of issue happens more often than we know.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/liquor-shortage-michigan

Yeah, I saw the article in this morning's FREEP.   

I was talking a few days ago with my retailer, who expressed the sort of frustration I imagine many others are experiencing.   Now we know why.

It astounds me though that one of only three distributors in the State of Michigan (which basically confers upon each of them a license to print money) can't manage to pay for an adequate IT system, and personnel to run it, while expanding into a new, larger warehouse ....in order to make even more money.   This should've been handled waaaaay before it became noticeable to retailers, restaurant operators, tavern operators... and for sure the public.     Yet it's just now become an issue noticed by the State regulators.   ...But, if anyone expects this Company to be slapped by the State . . . Don't Hold Your Breath.

7 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Yeah, I saw the article in this morning's FREEP.   

I was talking a few days ago with my retailer, who expressed the sort of frustration I imagine many others are experiencing.   Now we know why.

It astounds me though that one of only three distributors in the State of Michigan (which basically confers upon each of them a license to print money) can't manage to pay for an adequate IT system, and personnel to run it, while expanding into a new, larger warehouse ....in order to make even more money.   This should've been handled waaaaay before it became noticeable to retailers, restaurant operators, tavern operators... and for sure the public.     Yet it's just now become an issue noticed by the State regulators.   ...But, if anyone expects this Company to be slapped by the State . . . Don't Hold Your Breath.

Wow - this is where there is an window for activism if anyone has an appetite (to challenge 'So WHY is it again that we have this goofy 3 tier system??  What EXACTLY is this needless regulation doing to help consumers?') 

• I like it 1

Remember that, as a more former Federal employee, the "government" (whether it be local, state, or Federal) can f*%k up a one car funeral...

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.