Prichards exemption from the charcoal mellowing process

perfection
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I understand that Prichard can call its whisky TENNESSEE whisky even though it is exempt from charcoal mellowing process.  

Curiosity makes me ask 

whether this exemption extends to old brands produced at their new Nashville distillery too

Now, if the company produced a NEW WHISKY BRAND (i.e. a brand after the judgement) would it still be allowed to call it Tennessee whisky without the charcoal mellowing process?

Thanks

On 11/12/2019 at 12:29 PM, perfection said:

I understand that Prichard can call its whisky TENNESSEE whisky even though it is exempt from charcoal mellowing process.  

Curiosity makes me ask 

whether this exemption extends to old brands produced at their new Nashville distillery too

Now, if the company produced a NEW WHISKY BRAND (i.e. a brand after the judgement) would it still be allowed to call it Tennessee whisky without the charcoal mellowing process?

Thanks

A complete black area as far as I know. Should be limited to what was being produced at the time and not historic labels but if politics (and money, Kinda the same thing...) are involved then all bets are off...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.