Small Glencairn?

GrouchoM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

What's the smallest Glencairn that is of good quality and functionality? I'd like a good 2oz or so size without spending too much.

Thanks...

Welcome to SB.  RE the "smallest" Glencairn.  "Glencairn" is a trade name so all Glenciarns sort of look the same, and the official reseller of Glencairn glasses is at

https://www.glencairnwhiskyglass.com/

That website says that it sells a "Wee Glencairn Glass" that holds 2.5 oz. and sells for about $10.  I didn't do an Amazon search this time, but I can tell you from experience that there are several excellent brands of "safe" unbreakable/reusable plastic glasses suitable for sipping along with manymany glass glasses that are good choices.  Both Glencairns and non-Glencairns show up, especially if you don't type "Glencairn" in the search box.

If what you really are looking for is a small, appropriate, glass for whiskey sipping, I suggest doing several searches using the "Search" function in the upper right corner for "What glass do you use" and for "Whiskey glass" and some other things like "Old Fashioned glasses".  I can guarantee that you'll find HUNDREDS of comments and suggestions from us on "best" "cheapest" etc. glasses for drinking bourbon.  Of course, the cheapest is (1) pull the cork (2) tilt the bottle (3) sip.;)

Edited by Harry in WashDC
added some verbs so it all makes sense
  • I like it 3

11 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Welcome to SB.  RE the "smallest" Glencairn.  "Glencairn" is a trade name so all Glenciarns sort of look the same, and the official reseller of Glencairn glasses is at

https://www.glencairnwhiskyglass.com/

That website says that it sells a "Wee Glencairn Glass" that holds 2.5 oz. and sells for about $10.  I didn't do an Amazon search this time, but I can tell you from experience that there are several excellent brands of "safe" unbreakable/reusable plastic glasses suitable for sipping along with manymany glass glasses that are good choices.  Both Glencairns and non-Glencairns show up, especially if you don't type "Glencairn" in the search box.

If what you really are looking for is a small, appropriate, glass for whiskey sipping, I suggest doing several searches using the "Search" function in the upper right corner for "What glass do you use" and for "Whiskey glass" and some other things like "Old Fashioned glasses".  I can guarantee that you'll find HUNDREDS of comments and suggestions from us on "best" "cheapest" etc. glasses for drinking bourbon.  Of course, the cheapest is (1) pull the cork (2) tilt the bottle (3) sip.;)

I think that 'Wee Glencairn' is what Heaven Hill sells in their gift shop (and used to give you as part of one of the tastings).  That is one of my favorite glasses for tasting events because it helps limit the pour size (if there are dozens of bottles available, where one might get over exuberant).  Plus it really seems to irritate folks when they glance over and think I turned into a giant based on the scale of the glass to my hand ;) 

• I like it 3

• 7 months later...

Well, I picked up two of the Glencairn Wee glasses at a second hand store yesterday for 49 cents each.  Here's one now with some Rebel Yell in it.

1720302269_20200712_130525-Copy.jpg.34551f40ff95352baa7882b7e9d6a571.jpg

I also picked up a set of the square Maker's Mark glasses for $1.49 each.  

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.