Eagle Rare 17 2019

B.B. Babington
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So excited I had to post.  Just scored 3 bottles of ER17 at base retail.  Nope, zero will go on secondary market but these will be shared with buds that appreciate, and maybe one that likes bourbon and coke.  Major meteor shower/burst set for tonight 11 to 12 midnight EST and this will make it better, even if occluded by cloud cover.

• I like it 11

now that I'm knee deep, have to say this is a very very nice BT expression.  50.5% 101 proof is nice improvement.  very typical BT but much more refined, more wood but not strong, extremely nice afterglow that lasts forever.  I've zero experience with recent year ER17 so went to larder for 2008 & 2009 to compare since these were typical in my mind, but opted instead to go for the jugular and pulled 2011.  On SBS, both somewhat similar, 2011 more complex and initial sip much more flavorful.  Though 2019 smooth compared to most 100 proofers, it had more bite compared to 2011, more than would be accounted for by 10% proof difference.  With that said, it's unfair to compare to compare to 2011.  This 2019 is super great and definitely on the recommend list!!!!

ER17.jpg

• I like it 3

17 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

now that I'm knee deep, have to say this is a very very nice BT expression.  50.5% 101 proof is nice improvement.  very typical BT but much more refined, more wood but not strong, extremely nice afterglow that lasts forever.  I've zero experience with recent year ER17 so went to larder for 2008 & 2009 to compare since these were typical in my mind, but opted instead to go for the jugular and pulled 2011.  On SBS, both somewhat similar, 2011 more complex and initial sip much more flavorful.  Though 2019 smooth compared to most 100 proofers, it had more bite compared to 2011, more than would be accounted for by 10% proof difference.  With that said, it's unfair to compare to compare to 2011.  This 2019 is super great and definitely on the recommend list!!!!

ER17.jpg

WoW!  You seem to have some sort of super connection for BTAC Eagle Rare!  That is pretty cool to be able to compare all those difference years!

I was able to try the 2019 ER17, my past experience i always felt the bottles I sampled had a lot of oak, too much for me.  The 2019 was a pleasant surprise, really well balanced, lots of flavor and just the right amount of oak influence. I really enjoyed it. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.