OF Single Barrel New Orleans Bourbon Fest pick

Theantiquetiger2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked this up today. It has some really great, bold flavors that you expect from a darker bourbon, but it drinks hot.  It feels more like a 120+ proof, not a 90 proof (which it is). 

This is definitely a one or two ice cube drink. 

WGYepAy.jpg

• I like it 1

Nice!
I just picked up my first OF single barrel this weekend, it’s fantastic. 

Mine doesn’t drink hot though, it’s a bit timid. In fact the only knock I have is that I wish it was 100 proof. 

Edited by Iron ghost

Very nice.  I enjoyed the OF single barrel I had, but it was not better then the 100 proof signature IMO.  I am sure there are honey barrels out there though!

Just a heads up, you will probably get more traffic/responses in the main forum what did you buy/open/are drinking threads. 

On 11/22/2019 at 2:00 PM, Theantiquetiger2 said:

Picked this up today. It has some really great, bold flavors that you expect from a darker bourbon, but it drinks hot.  It feels more like a 120+ proof, not a 90 proof (which it is). 

This is definitely a one or two ice cube drink. 

WGYepAy.jpg

You may want to seek out a bottle of the NOBF “Sip.” Apparently the “Mix” was chosen for use as a cocktail component— although I enjoyed it neat to the point of killing the bottle in short order. 

9302F59E-47F3-471F-A6CF-F7A3FA8076C2.thumb.jpeg.0c0f8a65352e03d1045cec2b07f441b1.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.