What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yeah but I saw the 'aged 7 summers' on the label.  It's been while since aged stated antique was around.

Yeah but I’d still take some BIB ND OGD overt it.

2 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Me too. I've never had ND OGD ?

The 1792FP store pick was not working for me tonight, so had to move onto something else.

Stagg Jr 129.7 -- batch 5 to some of y'all.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

Stop it - you're in the territory of picking a favorite child at this point :)

• I like it 2

Finishing off a Turkey Night of WT101, with two pours of WTRB

Heavy Duty man. ;-))

Cheers

• I like it 1

I know that resort and we stayed at the same place.  Great memory.  Your mention of Hinano beer made me dig up this photo from my own trip.  Haha

20170415_162420.thumb.jpg.a8d69c325c9ed131605da063aa2dde02.jpg

Didn’t stay in Bora Bora but the wife and I honeymooned in Tahiti almost 12 years ago. Have some Hinano glassss we brought home. Stayed in an overwater bungalow. Amazing place.
  • I like it 2

On 1/11/2020 at 8:19 AM, Double C's said:

pulled out the HH BiB to do a little side by side taste test. It was the winner but the EW bib is perfectly suitable as a value pour as well.

Did this too and included JW Dant BiB and thought they were all pretty close.  Great value pours for sure. 

Poured more than I meant to of Stagg Jr. B13. Not very hot with two small cubes. Very similar to ECBP to me but more citrusy and shorter finish. Much better than my first try of it a few weeks ago.IMG_20200112_181915.jpg

Yesterday I traded Blanton's for Blanton's with a guy from a local FB group. He was needing the 2nd N bottle topper to complete his set. He threw in a sample of Blanton's green, so here is that sample. It's pretty nice if it were around $25. To me Blanton's 93 proof is good, but it's often too delicate for what I'm wanting. 

20200112_201855.jpg

• I like it 1

Having some 2017 FRSmBLE in front of the fire while watching football. This stuff is such an easy drink. Not quite as sweet as the 2016. Not as much depth as the 2015 or 2018. Much better than the 2014. 

I love Four Roses. And I’m trying to resist opening a bottle of the 2019 right now because it won’t last long. 2019 whiskey of the year in my book, based on everything I’ve tried so far anyway

• I like it 2

A bit of a cold incoming so going with something not too challenging to sooth the sore throat. Early Times BiB working nicely thank you.

• I like it 2

I went all out and broke out the really good stuff for the 'natty' tonight... 

'Old' Old Fitz BIB and ODG 114!  :)

Geaux Tigers!

• I like it 2

12 minutes ago, CUfan99 said:

Congratulations to the LSU fans on SB! What a team! Sad for my tigers but we’ll be back. 

Not an LSU fan here, but condolences on the loss and congrats on a great run - Clemson has a great team, and the best coaches going right now.

I turned it off after they ejected the middle linebacker for a regular football hit in the NATIONAL TITLE GAME.  Sorry NCAA and ESPN, I won't pay to watch flag football!

• I like it 1

26 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Not an LSU fan here, but condolences on the loss and congrats on a great run - Clemson has a great team, and the best coaches going right now.

I turned it off after they ejected the middle linebacker for a regular football hit in the NATIONAL TITLE GAME.  Sorry NCAA and ESPN, I won't pay to watch flag football!

That was disappointing but I’m afraid the call was correct as the rules are now. 

Great game last night glad to see LSU win the National Championship. Having grown up in Louisiana and an LSU faculty member for 12 years, I know how much this means to the state. Hard to believe that USC passed on Coach Ogeron as their head coach because of the way he talked and his accent.  

Edited by StarSurfer55
Typos
  • I like it 1

Great game last night glad to see LSU win the National Championship. Having grown up in Louisiana and an LSU faculty member for 12 years, I know how much this means to the state. Hard to believe that USC passed on Coach Ogeron as their head coach because of the way he talked and his accent.  

The way Orgeron talks is one of his best points, sorry USC.

Was up on a ladder in the utility room getting a water filter for the fridge (damn yellow light been blinking for A WEEK!!) and noticed a good-but-lesser HMcK 10YR BIB (barrel 5877, barreled 20 NOV 2008) on a really high shelf (out of wife's sight, out of wife's mind:rolleyes:).  I only picked up three of these last year including the one I tasted before buying the other two  - nice but not road-trip, hard hunting-worthy IMO.  It's rich and slightly showing its 10 years in oak (think EC age stated 12 YR) which is a tad oakey for me, usually.  Nevertheless, I'm glad I bought the extras.

A side benefit - it's not a clunker, but pulling it down does free up some bunker space.  IOW, the bunker winnowing continues.

EDIT - Uh, it can't be all THAT oakey.  I just caught myself refilling an empty glass.  First 1.8 or so OZ took all of 4 minutes to "evaporate".  Had to shame myself to delay that third pour.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
CONFESSION!!
  • I like it 5

1 hour ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Was up on a ladder in the utility room getting a water filter for the fridge (damn yellow light been blinking for A WEEK!!) and noticed a good-but-lesser HMcK 10YR BIB (barrel 5877, barreled 20 NOV 2008) on a really high shelf (out of wife's sight, out of wife's mind:rolleyes:).  I only picked up three of these last year including the one I tasted before buying the other two  - nice but not road-trip, hard hunting-worthy IMO.  It's rich and slightly showing its 10 years in oak (think EC age stated 12 YR) which is a tad oakey for me, usually.  Nevertheless, I'm glad I bought the extras.

A side benefit - it's not a clunker, but pulling it down does free up some bunker space.  IOW, the bunker winnowing continues.

EDIT - Uh, it can't be all THAT oakey.  I just caught myself refilling an empty glass.  First 1.8 or so OZ took all of 4 minutes to "evaporate".  Had to shame myself to delay that third pour.

I'm with ya', Harry.    ?   Once a pour is in the whiskey glass, that damned 'evaporation' becomes a real concern!   I have, however found a solution to this ongoing and ever-concerning issue!   ?

Drink up those pours faster!   ?      Then again, it's kinda hard to tell if this really works, since once the glass is empty it needs to be re-filled, and the whole vicious cycle starts again.   What's a person to do?   I ask you!

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.