What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Have taken nearly a couple months off since Thanksgiving with only a couple pours around Christmas. Pure torture. Having my first  real drink in some time tonite. A new Eagle Rare store pick on a  very fresh palate. This tastes like liquid butterscotch. 

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

Have taken nearly a couple months off since Thanksgiving with only a couple pours around Christmas. Pure torture. Having my first  real drink in some time tonite. A new Eagle Rare store pick on a  very fresh palate. This tastes like liquid butterscotch. 

Welcome back brother, welcome back.

Bib! Joe

• I like it 2

On 1/10/2020 at 7:34 PM, smokinjoe said:

Some ND OGD BIB while waiting for  that $5 pizza to come out of the oven...?.  Which would you pick? 3 DiGiornos, or the bourbon?*

* Trick question.  

97643A45-532B-428E-9345-06B3BB319659.jpeg

22549A18-5FF4-4E18-BD73-FDD502B8E706.jpeg

Double Score! Price Tag AND State Tax Stamp. Makes it taste better!

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, fosmith said:

Dinner and a few tastes (1 oz. pours) with my son last night.  Great bourbon selection and great prices on most items too.  My first taste of Weller Full Proof and, I have to say, it's delicious!  Sweet, fruity notes and great mouthfeel.  Like a baby WLW.  Also, I'd never tried WT Decades either and wow, what a deep and complex bourbon!  The GTS  (2018) was, of course, amazing... 

beer baron.jpg

$15? . . . For a pour of GTS? . . . Gotta Luv That!!!

• I like it 4

This one is for you Gary and Joe. A Vosmonster type pour of a Weller Whore fabulous pour. Pretty sure this was bought in 2013. It is a butterscotch bomb for sure.

20200117_183855.jpg

20200117_183907.jpg

• I like it 6

49 minutes ago, Phil T said:

This one is for you Gary and Joe. A Vosmonster type pour of a Weller Whore fabulous pour. Pretty sure this was bought in 2013. It is a butterscotch bomb for sure.

Are you accusing me of fosmith size pours? :D

• I like it 2

On 1/16/2020 at 4:44 PM, fosmith said:

Dinner and a few tastes (1 oz. pours) with my son last night.  Great bourbon selection and great prices on most items too.  My first taste of Weller Full Proof and, I have to say, it's delicious!  Sweet, fruity notes and great mouthfeel.  Like a baby WLW.  Also, I'd never tried WT Decades either and wow, what a deep and complex bourbon!  The GTS  (2018) was, of course, amazing... 

beer baron.jpg

It was WT 101 for me today, for which I was perfectly happy.  That being said, I think I wouldn't mind drinking here.

Between rain, Holiday festivities, rain, and other stuff...rain, it seems like ages since I’ve had an evening out by the fire.  Taking advantage of a lack  of all of these impediments, to relax by one tonight.  Bouncing back and forth between pours of WT 101 and Buffalo Trace, before I figure out what I’ll change it up to.

F1C50650-1D0D-4C55-BAEE-7621319BD79F.jpeg

• I like it 6

11 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

I like the Writers Tears glass!!

51 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

I like the Writers Tears glass!!

Ha!  One of, if not my fave whiskey drinking glass.  I bought my second  gift pack of Copper Pot more for the glass, than for the bottle.  And, I like Writers Tears. Especially, the Red Head.

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Between rain, Holiday festivities, rain, and other stuff...rain, it seems like ages since I’ve had an evening out by the fire.  Taking advantage of a lack  of all of these impediments, to relax by one tonight.  Bouncing back and forth between pours of WT 101 and Buffalo Trace, before I figure out what I’ll change it up to.

That’s a damn fine evening I must say. 

• I like it 1

Just Standard BT. Didn’t feel like high proof and this is plenty to keep me interested with some pleasant side effects. Love it.

3 hours ago, Vosgar said:

YES !!

23 hours ago, JakeySnakes said:

Had a pour of 1792 FP. Full of delicious banana nut bread, clove and brown sugar.

That’s very much what I get from that bottle, and I love it.  Moving up and down through the 1792 labels of SmB, BIB, Single Barrel, Full Proof, the profile shifts to more/less of each of your notes, and makes for some nice, while different, offerings.  IMO, Barton is killing it with their line extension of 1792.  

• I like it 2

Had some Stagg Jr. Batch 11. Only a small pour since its Mrs. Clueby's bottle.  Then moved on to a sbs of a couple 375s of BT store picks. They were VERY different. One was very un-BT like. Had a bit of nuttiness and a funkiness in the finish. The other was like an amped up BT with vanilla and that BT mineral-ness. I liked it quite a bit better. Mrs. Clueby agreed.

20200117_215918-784x1613.jpg

Had some BTPS in my flask Thursday while camping out at my county’s whiskey event. Bought at the event and cracked last night. Interesting nose with sour stewed fruits and oak. Very sweet, with more stewed fruits on the palate. Almost seemed like it could be port or sherry cask finished or something.
Not an everyday pour but I like it.
IMG_4084.jpg

32 minutes ago, marshall9779 said:

Had some BTPS in my flask Thursday while camping out at my county’s whiskey event. Bought at the event and cracked last night. Interesting nose with sour stewed fruits and oak. Very sweet, with more stewed fruits on the palate. Almost seemed like it could be port or sherry cask finished or something.
Not an everyday pour but I like it.
IMG_4084.jpg

It was about 25 degrees and icy rain here last night so can't imagine camping out.  I camped out overnight one time in the 80s for concert tickets. I don't know if I"d camp out now even if I was guaranteed a bottle of PVW23 at retail.  Hope you got something more than an RC6.  They were stacked 10 deep on the shelf at TW in KY.

11 hours ago, Three quarks said:

I wondered if the 114 was younger! But I had some tonight, and it was great! "Far across the Chattahoochee to the Upatoi, stands out loyal Alma Mater , . ."

HAH!!  Next, you be saying FABOPS!.  AND, for goodness' sake, DON'T spell that out - the Mods are vicious!:D

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Hey, I resemble that comment!  :D

It was about 25 degrees and icy rain here last night so can't imagine camping out.  I camped out overnight one time in the 80s for concert tickets. I don't know if I"d camp out now even if I was guaranteed a bottle of PVW23 at retail.  Hope you got something more than an RC6.  They were stacked 10 deep on the shelf at TW in KY.

I did get an ORVW. Unfortunately even the RC-6 is allocated and the only way to get a lot of allocated stuff in my county are their whiskey events by either camping out or their lotteries.

Had a mixed bag of a week.  Found out that a good friend has thyroid cancer.  THis is his third go around with cancer after colon and skin cancer in the past few years. WIfe had a good outcome with the cardiologist.  SHe has lost 60 pounds over the past year and is in great shape now (I have lost 40 pounds but have another 30 to go).  She also got her delivery date for her new car this week so she is very excited.  Having a bit of Legendarry Duke.  Not a great bourbon but certainly an easy drinker.

D1946A56-8C8A-4261-AB00-6AD276AE570A.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.