What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

WT101 and some Bulleit bourbon in my hotel room tonight. Both are good. WT is a staple but i haven't had Bulleit in quite awhile.  It's quite good too.

• I like it 2

WT101 and some Bulleit bourbon in my hotel room tonight. Both are good. WT is a staple but i haven't had Bulleit in quite awhile.  It's quite good too.

Bulleit is quite nice. I had a pour at a hotel bar in the middle of nowhere Nevada and really enjoyed it.

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Bulleit is quite nice. I had a pour at a hotel bar in the middle of nowhere Nevada and really enjoyed it.

I agree.  Are we allowed to not like Diageo the company but like Bulleit the liquid? Lol

• I like it 1

I agree.  Are we allowed to not like Diageo the company but like Bulleit the liquid? Lol

I’m somewhat ashamed to say I like a lot of there products.
  • I like it 1

1 minute ago, HoustonNit said:

I’m somewhat ashamed to say I like a lot of there products.

Yeah that's the way I feel about Michter's barrel proof rye. 

• I like it 4

I like the taste of them too - but there's no real REASON to buy them when comparable products are available from companies I don't have to hold my nose to support.

I buy Bulleit rye when I'm out at music venues if there's nothing else I want on the bar. But I've decided recently to switch to WT101 in those situations, which is almost always on the bar.

• I like it 2

Had Eagle Rare at the Manhattan Project last night.  At first when I looked at the bourbon menu had to do a double take.  They listed proofs and I thought that was the prices lol.  Damn lighting in that place!!

• I like it 1

Not from yesterday but on Friday night watching the Kobe Tribute before the Lakers game I decided to treat myself.  Most times I usually grab something that is always readily available and save the rarer stuff for when I'm entertaining other bourbon fans but I thought "I'm pretty special myself", so I started with some Wild Turkey Decades,  moved on to my FR 2019 LE and finished the night with some EC 18.  

Edited by CardsandBourbon
  • I like it 5

50 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:
Not from yesterday but on Friday night watching the Kobe Tribute before the Lakers game I decided to treat myself.  Most times I usually grab something that is always readily available and save the rarer stuff for when I'm entertaining other bourbon fans but I thought "I'm pretty special myself", so I started with some Wild Turkey Decades,  moved on to my FR 2019 LE and finished the night with some EC 18.  

Nice progression. I had some WTMK Decades last night and love that peachy flavor and have heard it is similar in the 2019 FRLE. How would you compare the two?

IMG_20200201_202144.jpg

Edited by dboland
  • I like it 1

Had a few sbs tastings last night.

Larceny reg : barrel proof 

EW12 : Virgin 7/101 : HMcK10

& (not pictured) 

Stagg JR batch 12 : 13

all of it was good ?

My favorite overall was probably the EW 12 and Stagg JR batch 13.

220E365D-0BED-4D51-904B-EE393B461B45.jpeg

• I like it 3

Did a SBS of a couple BTPS’s that my county has done. The one I finished I was told when they did the tasting that it was higher rye. I was skeptical at the time thinking no way they would use MB#2 for BT. Been seeing more info lately that BT has been using some MB#2 barrels for MB#1 picks. Don’t have any info on the new one but they are night and day different and can believe that the old may indeed have been MB2. I didn’t think until now that I should have added some Blanton’s to the SBS. The new one is good but more honey and apple but the old one had more backing spices on top.
IMG_4135.jpg

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, 0895 said:

Had a few sbs tastings last night.

Larceny reg : barrel proof 

EW12 : Virgin 7/101 : HMcK10

& (not pictured) 

Stagg JR batch 12 : 13

all of it was good ?

My favorite overall was probably the EW 12 and Stagg JR batch 13.

220E365D-0BED-4D51-904B-EE393B461B45.jpeg

What came in last place

• I like it 1

Sipping on some 9yr 11mo 110.6 proof OBSV (Green's pick from 2014).  I dunno 'bout anyone else, but the halftime show was entertaining (although I felt like I should have had more singles?)

• I like it 2

Started the game drinking some WT Decades which I haven't dipped into in some time. That's a really good whiskey.  

Celebrating the Chiefs win with some WHH 14yr at 115 proof. 

• I like it 3

Last night’s pours for the game. The 10 yr ECPS is damn good. Could live with my nose in the glass.
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

• I like it 1

On 2/2/2020 at 8:55 AM, dboland said:

Nice progression. I had some WTMK Decades last night and love that peachy flavor and have heard it is similar in the 2019 FRLE. How would you compare the two?

IMG_20200201_202144.jpg

The Decade's and the 4R 2019 LE both had a fruity component but the decades also has a drier more tobacco like component, which I do like.

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Willett bottling?

Yes, as far as I know it’s late 80’s/early 90’s HH sourced KBD. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.