What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

59 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

It's been a great wonderful week in the Whammie household. On monday morning little Whammie came into the world. The Misses has been nothing short of incredible at this Mom role.

They're both healthy and happy, which puts me on cloud nine. 

That gets me to what I'm drinking tonight. This is our first night home after 3 in the hospital. We're in between feeds, so while she's taking a little nap I just opened and poured this Saffell. I bought this bottle to be the first pour after my son was born, and it doesnt disappoint. What an incredible pour for an incredible week. 

Here's a wide-eyed little Whammie for your enjoyment. 

20200206_214653.jpg

Attach29244_20200206_221736.jpg

Right on!!!!

Congratulations all around!

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

It's been a great wonderful week in the Whammie household. On monday morning little Whammie came into the world. The Misses has been nothing short of incredible at this Mom role.

That gets me to what I'm drinking tonight. This is our first night home after 3 in the hospital. We're in between feeds, so while she's taking a little nap I just opened and poured this Saffell. I bought this bottle to be the first pour after my son was born, and it doesnt disappoint. What an incredible pour for an incredible week. 

Congratulations JC! It's great to hear your son and Mrs. Whammie are both doing well. Nice choice for your celebratory pour as well!

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

^^This is awesome ^^  Congrats Mr. & Mrs. JC

• I like it 1

20200206_214653.thumb.jpg.5229d5b7b03e012bfe402cb2fd55e9ed.jpg
Attach29244_20200206_221736.thumb.jpg.79e447da50ccb344583ca17754d9f2b6.jpg

Congrats.

Fighting off a cold last night.
IMG_4172.jpg
  • I like it 2

9 hours ago, flahute said:

16 bit is the size and range of the music file that CD's are formatted at. Mp3 on the other hand is much smaller and compressed. The sound quality is not as good. Super high resolution files are 24 bit and 32 bit.

FLAC is a popular 16 bit format. Apple lossless is another.

"Ooooo, I just LOVE it when you talk techie to me, big boy - I get goosebumps up and down mah arms!"   ?

20200206_214653.thumb.jpg.5229d5b7b03e012bfe402cb2fd55e9ed.jpg
Attach29244_20200206_221736.thumb.jpg.79e447da50ccb344583ca17754d9f2b6.jpg

So awesome, congrats to you and Miss Whammie.
  • I like it 1

9 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

20200206_214653.jpg

9 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

20200206_214653.jpg

Congrats, Enjoy it, it goes by fast.

• I like it 3

Having some McKenna10BIB. Whiteout conditions outside.  Fire in the fireplace. Blues playing.   Ready for the weekend. 

• I like it 3

21 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I am in the process of ripping my favorite 1960s LPs before giving them away and figured mp3 would work for my bad ears.  Plus, I have a drawerful of thumb drives.  What’s 16 bit?  Post or PM a pointer, please, to an explanation.  I know it is off thread, but . . . 

Edit - up first is the TimeLife “Swing Era”, Deutsche Grammaphon’s Complete Beethoven, Buddy Holly complete, and theBeatles complete in a box and never played.  Stones are covered with potato chip oils and fingerprints.

@Harry in WashDC, love your taste in music (and bourbon)! I've been a life-long Beatles fan. Lately I've been on a big Buddy Holly and Eddie Cochran kick. 

Hope you're imbibing something tasty this Friday evening. 

Cheers,

Nancy

Congratulations to all the Whammie clan on the addition of that cute little fuzzy-headed Whammie-mini!

• I like it 1

Cracked my first bottle of Midwinter Nights Dram last weekend. Act 5 Scene 3 (2017). Revisited with a tall neat pour tonight, and I enjoyed it. Super tasty floral notes and oily chewiness on the back of the tongue. But I have a weird relationship with ryes, where after the first glass, it starts taste too perfumey, regardless of what it is... so I switched to Blanton’s for round 2, and it is really hitting the spot. Great counterpoint to the MWND! Happy Friday!

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

@Harry in WashDC, love your taste in music (and bourbon)! I've been a life-long Beatles fan. Lately I've been on a big Buddy Holly and Eddie Cochran kick. 

Hope you're imbibing something tasty this Friday evening. 

Cheers,

Nancy

Where do you stand on the Jazz side of things? I've been on a massive Jazz kick lately and am happily finding old albums that I didn't know about previously. It's a wide and deep world.

After having the last two pours of OFBB at the local honey hole that some of my clients and I love, I switched to ETL.  Co-owner came back and said they only had ETL100, and it was $30/pour.  Yay expense account!

I’ve always been a fan of ETL.  The ETL100 was noticeably better than ETL......???

• I like it 1

I’ve had this bottle for a long time but just have not been able to get into it.  I added some ice the other day, which 99% of the time I don’t do, and it has completely changed this one for me.  I have been draining the bottle down the last two days. 

B539C0F8-3E35-4EF9-81FC-AD7F5E431CFB.jpeg

While watching my hometown Hoos take on Louisville. Will probably just finish the last half pour later.
IMG_4176.jpg

• I like it 2

On 2/6/2020 at 11:26 PM, JCwhammie said:

20200206_214653.jpg

Beautiful!  Wonderful news! Congratulations to you and Mrswhammie!  ?

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.