What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So... this was my Vday gift! I’ve been married 9yrs and she went above and beyond. She took a picture of my little bar and went to a liquor store. The gentleman talked her into this. I love that she did this but...

$100 bottle of this was absurd. I’ll post a review this evening. I’ll drink regardless but would take a 18$ bottle of powers any day ??

”it’s the thought that counts” 

2EFCFB6A-9C66-4D00-835E-812ADCA22C05.jpeg

On 2/11/2020 at 9:29 PM, HoustonNit said:

Picked this up in Europe a few years back from a great Belgian SBer who hasn’t posted in a while.

Yeah unfortunately it seems he's checked out.  Too bad, he was a great contributor on here and the site misses him.

Hanging out with my other valentine for a few minutes.

(the cat, not the bottle)

Yeah, the price on these is rather absurd. But the bourbon is rather delicious!

Love how oaky this release is.

Not quite as good as some of the best ECBP batches I’ve tried, but different and certainly somewhat unique in experience.

227D195D-455C-4906-A227-30D0A88E5AEB.jpeg

• I like it 2

55 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Yeah unfortunately it seems he's checked out.  Too bad, he was a great contributor on here and the site misses him.

When you have BTAC, you don’t need friends ? J/k.

I still talk to him periodically.

He seems to be doing alright.

Edited by 0895

7 minutes ago, 0895 said:

When you have BTAC, you don’t need friends ? J/k.

I still talk to him periodically.

He seems to be doing alright.

That's good to hear. Tell him we were wondering about him and he's welcome back.

• I like it 1

I’ve been sitting on this a couple years. 2017. I know it’s sourced from places unknown (or known). There is a store in California I frequent because they’re good to me and they get a ton of it and sell it at $100. Which I just found out by tasting it that it’s not a good value. Anyway, weak nose, sweet on the palate, and pretty good finish. 

338243BD-DB54-4107-89FD-521C2EE43F94.jpeg

1 ounce pour of 2019 4R LE.

1 ounce pour of 2019 OF BB.

The 4R was tasty but not $150 a bottle tasty. The BB was very meh. I’m glad I tried it at a bar.

WTKS PS to open up the "Galantines" Evening. Onto RRSIB. 

Both are good on their own merits.  

Cheers

This RRSiB is so chewy & oily.  

I am a fan of all of the 7 big houses.  But, I think an argument can be won, that The Russell boys are leading the pack day in and day out. 

Cheers 

• I like it 1

On 2/12/2020 at 10:41 PM, MTNBourbon said:

The last of it's kind. I guess I'm going to have to start buying the new shit. Have not bought any bourbon in quite awhile.

e86LtY2.jpg

I think you will find the current batch of WTRB, a delight.  I highly recommend picking up a bottle. 

Cheers

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

I think you will find the current batch of WTRB, a delight.  I highly recommend picking up a bottle. 

Cheers

Thanks.

• I like it 1

I’ve had a rotation of a RR SiB from F-6, Bulleit BS batch 3 and Wilderness Trail SiB rye. All are very good but the Bulleit is so so good. I love the thick full bodied mouthfeel of 4R at barrel strength. 

Last night after a great V-day dinner with some homemade bourbon, chocolate chunk cookies my wonderful wife made.
Adjustments.jpg
IMG_4185.jpg

• I like it 5

Took my wife out for Valentine’s Day dinner at Webster’s in Kalamazoo.  Arrived early so that we could have a drink in the bar before dinner.  Had a couple of boulevardiers.  The first with my stand by bourbon, Buffalo Trace and the second with Makers Mark when I was told that they were out of BT.  Frankly, I prefer the BT over the MM.   When back to the bar after dinner to listen to a friend perform for a while.  All in all, a good time was had by all.

I know a lot of guys hate VDay as being too commercial, but I actually enjoyed the opportunity to spend time with my wife by ourselves.  She is the primary caregiver for our handicapped daughter so she doesn’t get a lot of breaks.

AF561306-E9E2-47B5-99A8-8B67B91F603B.jpeg

• I like it 9

Always a pleasant surprise when a mundane chain restaurant (whose entire selection of bourbon consists of KC and MM) serves your generous KC pour in a nice brandy snifter :)

• I like it 1

Having a very good glass of 1792 12y. This bottle has really opened up, I’m enjoying it a lot more then when I first opened it. 
673AB9B5-FB22-490F-B404-E9B1B1322C20.thumb.jpeg.f1b0d90421095ec301a10749d503900b.jpeg

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

I know a lot of guys hate VDay as being too commercial

i dont have a problem with VD.

26 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

i dont have a problem with VD.

Your partner might, though...  ?

• I like it 4

I had a VW 13 rye at a restaurant earlier tonight and it was superb. Now I'm enjoying a nice glass of OESV 10yr 4 mo. 

• I like it 1

For a few weeks now this has been the only bottle I have been reaching for which is kind of surprising to me. 

y4m58uXWpL6XGPsXFPjVU1jpX5lWcwG9xPsrZHnK

• I like it 6

A little WT101 before cooking dinner.  Really hit the spot.  A regular old srtandby isn't a bad thing.  

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.