What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, ratcheer said:

Old Forester 100-proof

It's a 'go to' for me! 

Current batches have really been hitting on all cylinders, IMO. 

$20-21.99 everyday! 

VOB 100.  With ice as it's 70+degrees F outside where I was for about four hours cutting down hydrangea stalks.  I have a line on a shelf-full of VOB 86 handles for, I think, $17 each.  WHY I passed when I saw them is beyond me.  I sure hope they are there Tuesday when I can pick some up.  Summer's coming, and I have to get ready.

CORRECTION - Ice is gone.  Neat VOB 100 as I type this.  Dinner cannot come soon enough.:D

Picked up at bottle of Smooth Ambler but all I am tasting today is corn.  My taste is completely off today as everything tastes the same.  My sinuses are very dry and been giving me some trouble with the last few days.  So I am attributing it to that issue.

17AB724C-6231-4D9B-BC3E-2940E9729514.jpeg

Good friend in town last night, so got together with a few other folks for a very nice wine dinner.  Capped it off with a pour of 2019 OFBB.  Still prefer the 2018 version by several X.......

C1A3F7C4-1401-4F83-B4CC-C20668E6823F.jpeg

• I like it 1

BT 

Haven't had,( or had the desire), to drink this for a long time.  Years ago,  it was my daily drinker, now, not so much.

I'm really enjoying it.

20200313_200816.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311

I travel a lot for work and that is on lock down due to our current situation. I found myself missing the OF86 from the Delta Sky Club bar so I poured one of those to reminisce.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

VOB 100.  With ice as it's 70+degrees F outside where I was for about four hours cutting down hydrangea stalks.  I have a line on a shelf-full of VOB 86 handles for, I think, $17 each.  WHY I passed when I saw them is beyond me.  I sure hope they are there Tuesday when I can pick some up.  Summer's coming, and I have to get ready.

CORRECTION - Ice is gone.  Neat VOB 100 as I type this.  Dinner cannot come soon enough.:D

I love that stuff cold, especially when it is hot out.  Pull it out of an ice filled cooler when tailgating is a favorite for me.  I think I have a bottle around here.  Might have to start cooling it down.  

Edited by TwoFingers
Poor spelling or fat fingers
  • I like it 1

3 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Huh!   What a coincidence!   I did a SBSBS this afternoon/evening just for grins and giggles.   Jim Beam BIB, Heaven Hill 6-year BIB and VOB BIB 6-year stated.   Guess which one came out on top?   The VOB!   I usually can pick 'em out and did so again today, though the HH and VOB took several sips to make sure.   Anyway, I enjoyed all 3; but liked the VOB BIB 6 best... and had another pour of it to finish off the evening.... and the taste-tester himself...HA!

On 3/12/2020 at 8:02 PM, JCwhammie said:

Closest I'll get to drinking something green around St Pat's

20200312_195927.jpg

This is always on hand in my collection....top notch for the $12 I get it for!  Great pick!

42 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I didn't have room for this one in the cabinet so it's on deck tonight.

20200313_205120.jpg

So funny, I had a similar situation a few weeks ago. I cracked my Little Book #2 because it was too big for any of my boxes for packing bottles.

Enjoying a pour from my finger jug of WT101 from the bunker. This is a good bottle. Just as good as the 

current "blogger golden bottles."

Happy Friday. 

Cheers 

'17 WLW while listening to Allman Brothers 'Eat a Peach' SACD on the Pass labs / Cary rig, and I must say it is the perfect combination.  

• I like it 2

Pouring a second Larceny BP on this quiet Saturday morning, pondering how we managed to build the world's entire socioeconomic structure on pillars of TP rolls.

• I like it 7

Brought a 100 mL mingle of Baker's & JB Distiller's Cut (50/50) on a shortened road-trip this week.  Enjoyed the hell out of it.  Need to setup a blind tasting of that against Baker's, as I'm not sure which I'd prefer.  It would have been better if I was able to share it with the planned company, but when life gives you lemons . . . (hmm . . . with some lemons, I could make a nice whiskey sour!)

9 hours ago, Kepler said:

'17 WLW while listening to Allman Brothers 'Eat a Peach' SACD on the Pass labs / Cary rig, and I must say it is the perfect combination.  

Good tunes on an excellent rig while drinking a fine, rare whiskey sounds like a plan.

• I like it 1

Drinking to match my socks last night. A 10 yr PS followed by some MMCS.

25E7CAD0-9A46-4E0A-BB24-1F963F650314.jpeg

4960ABF9-D2C2-4C47-B5B7-DB465FFE1453.jpeg

• I like it 2

Sitting in bed watching TV last night and my beautiful wife says, "Why don't you go downstairs and pour us a couple of bourbons."  She usually will just taste part of mine but in my never ending quest to keep her happy I went downstairs and poured her a WFE 4 year rye and a WFE 5 yr. wheated bourbon.  We both enjoyed that with some dark chocolate covered cranberries and then I went down stairs and decided to keep it in the wheat family and had a second pour of RY SiB 10 yr.  The WFE was good but this current RY is out of this world.

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Let's see what the C919 is all about...

20200314_212724.jpg

FWIW, I am NOT a fan of bourbons over about 8 yrs in oak HMcK and ER and my bunkered age-stated KC excepted).  I'll drink them, but I don't buy lots.  HOWEVER ,  the ECBP B519 and the C919 are "Buy if you see them at MSRP."  For me, anyway.  I do add water when I sip, though, I must admit, to take them down to about 105.

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

FWIW, I am NOT a fan of bourbons over about 8 yrs in oak HMcK and ER and my bunkered age-stated KC excepted).  I'll drink them, but I don't buy lots.  HOWEVER ,  the ECBP B519 and the C919 are "Buy if you see them at MSRP."  For me, anyway.  I do add water when I sip, though, I must admit, to take them down to about 105.

I stuck an ice-ball in the glass, right after taking the pic.

It's evolved nicely. I bought a couple bottles, at MSRP,  down in Myrtle. I wish I had bought a couple more. 

Edited by Skinsfan1311

Starting out again tonight with WT101.  I just can't get away from this bourbon.  So balanced. 

Cheers

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.