What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

WT101, followed by WTRB, finishing up with WTMK Revival. 

Do'in The Turkey Trot tonight. ?

Cheers 

• I like it 2

Some 1971 David Nicholson 7 Year BIB (Stitzel Weller). Innertubes and green apples, but in a good way.

20200315_210912.jpg

• I like it 3

I know it’s not bourbon but it is St.Patricks day. Had a pour of Redbreast 12. 

• I like it 1

Post surgery doctor visit today. Stitches out, and doc says things look good. Cleared to finally have a pour too.  ?  After my doctor visit, I had a consultation and first pt session with a physical therapist. ?   Glad I was cleared to have a pour ‘cause I sure needed one. I got home and had my first pour in over three weeks. It was  a fairly healthy pour of Weller SR, and man oh man did it hit the spot. I’ve had a lot of Weller SR in my time, but I don’t remember many that tasted better than this one. Ahhhhhhhhh........ ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 14

20 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Post surgery doctor visit today. Stitches out, and doc says things look good. Cleared to finally have a pour too.  ?  After my doctor visit, I had a consultation and first pt session with a physical therapist. ?   Glad I was cleared to have a pour ‘cause I sure needed one. I got home and had my first pour in over three weeks. It was  a fairly healthy pour of Weller SR, and man oh man did it hit the spot. I’ve had a lot of Weller SR in my time, but I don’t remember many that tasted better than this one. Ahhhhhhhhh........ ?

Biba! Joe

Glad to hear you are doing well.  I swear all physical therapists are sadists.  I'm not surprised a healthy pour was in order.  Just think of it as medicinal.  

• I like it 4

43 minutes ago, StarSurfer55 said:

I know it’s not bourbon but it is St.Patricks day. Had a pour of Redbreast 12. 

I'm finishing off a crock of Tullamore Dew while watching the first season of Hell On Wheels - some Colm Meaney on St Patrick's Day - another great export from the Emerald Isle.  Slainte!!  

Great pour. This one was factory sealed when I bought it, no removing wax then re-waxing ala the Willett private select debacle. 

20200317_193059.jpg

• I like it 1

34 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

Great pour. This one was factory sealed when I bought it, no removing wax then re-waxing ala the Willett private select debacle. 

20200317_193059.jpg

yeah, but they removed the factory hang tag, removed the string, and then adhered? It to the side of the bottle.

??

46 minutes ago, 0895 said:

yeah, but they removed the factory hang tag, removed the string, and then adhered? It to the side of the bottle.

??

Those cheeky bastards!!

• I like it 1

59 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Nice glass.

Picked it up last week there in NOLA.  Had a few free hours while I was down for business so I stopped in.  Sazerac had to have dumped millions into the building.  It had been empty since 1984 before they bought it in ‘17’.  It’s free to get in & you get to taste some of the bitters they make there, as well as a few cocktail tastings.  

9BE32118-96C5-4D99-A76A-1554DC3A51CB.jpeg

C1C47D8D-5C84-4E16-B643-5F00B2FA8985.jpeg

• I like it 3

Opened this last week to see if the hype was real... and it is!

Incredibly well balanced, easy sipping, and delicious.

Nice oaky caramel layers up front, followed by custard like cream and delicate vanilla.  This bottle will be gone quick!

6E2AE5F5-BFF3-4830-8BF0-6AD4BCC84B25.jpeg

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

Hey Joe,

Religiously do your physical therapy!  It's the bestest and fastest route to recovery.  Hopefully, yout PT is that cute blonde from Sweden with the great fingers rather than the brazenly beautiful brunette with the knee-high leather boots in a lace-up corset (I had the brunette!).   ?

TTFN,

F.

8-)

• I like it 2

Joe,

Glad to hear that you are doing well post-surgery.  As others indicate, do the PT religiously.  It is painful but it is the only path back to full function.  Of Course, the occasional pour will aid in the recovery as well.

Jeff

THe Bourbon Fairy came to see me today and left me two of my favorites.  I will have some weller 12 tonight.

IMG_0830.thumb.jpeg.21dd457146bc6246a0c98c7c3904bee7.jpeg

• I like it 4

Blanton's.  It was in a box in the back of my closet next to some old shoes.  I found it while cleaning out the closet instead of watching TCM and my iPad was charging.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, StarSurfer55 said:

THe Bourbon Fairy came to see me today and left me two of my favorites.  I will have some weller 12 tonight.

I've seen some of those carafes around here lately.  Let us now if it is "worth" the shelf space taste-wise.  In your humble opinion, of course.:D

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Where does that nifty staircase in the background go?

-lookout tower?

-rooftop bar?

-Secret bourbon bunker?

Since the OESV is gone, I grabbed the next bottle I could reach.

10y,1m OESF from 2016.

tasting real good tonight, with caramel and mint swirled together in a seemingly romantic sort of way.  The wife’s been into it as well... says it’s delicious!

Sadly, this was the last thing I got before K&L quit shipping to my state.  They always had pretty good picks.

733B7FE6-27FD-4137-99A3-2AE99A70202A.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.