What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Winter 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

19 minutes ago, TwoFingers said:

Another standby.  Great value 

IMG_20200221_165351605.jpg

They have this for $22 after tax here. I buy a case every time I go by. I love it 

• I like it 3

4 minutes ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

They have this for $22 after tax here. I buy a case every time I go by. I love it 

Wow!!!!

18 minutes ago, Not_That_Fancy said:

I get it at the local BX for that price.  Hence, why it is a staple.

Walked over to the close by liquor store to waste time while getting new tires put on Mrssmokinjoe’s car, and decided to pick up a Pure Kentucky XO because I hadn’t had one in eons.  These KBD labeled Bottles such as Rowan’ Creek, Noah’s Mill, Johnny Drum, etc., have proven to be hit or miss for me, but I’ll get a wild hair once in a while and roll the dice on one.  This one is proving to be a near hit.  Nicely spicy, and with a slightly semisweet chocolate note mid palate.  These KBD “regular releases” hit me well when sort of an earthy element comes in.  This one has a bit of that, but not as good as some of the more exceptional Noah’s do.  Pretty happy with this bottle.  ??

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 1

Trying a little BT PS tonight.

I've been on a bit of a Turkey kick for the last month or so. This is a nice change of pace. 

Cheers

• I like it 2

Having some Texas bourbon tonight, I’ve never been a big fan of Garrison Bro. bourbon, but this SB BP G.B. is really good. I’m quite impressed. 
ED073069-AE80-42F6-88B3-321089AA6BCD.thumb.jpeg.ccf82afdd2b78b7796105908615f606c.jpeg

On 2/20/2020 at 9:22 PM, FasterHorses said:

HM10. Not as bad as my previous bottles  but still not good ... 0 for 4 with these and prob wont be a 5th.

The older ones were much better. Ditto for its cousin EW single barrel vintage. I'm not all that excited about the current ones. Yes you might get lucky, but sorry I really don't see the need to play roulette when there are many excellent options  (and consistently so) available on the shelf.

Edited by Kepler
Inadvertent double post
  • I like it 2

16 hours ago, GeeTen said:

And I ain't saying where we are until either the bottles are all gone or we leave town!   ?

Smart move, I can make it to Alabama overnight ?  ?

18 hours ago, GeeTen said:

2019 WLW & GTS at a bar in Alabama last night - $18/1.5oz pour.  Weller 12 & StaggJr (Batch 13) - $10/1.5 oz pour.  And I ain't saying where we are until either the bottles are all gone or we leave town!   ?

A: I am a swimmer.

B: I pay attention to stuff. I know exactly where you are!

• I like it 4

Have had this bottle for a while but haven’t had a drink of it in a long long time.  It was decent when I got it and am hoping that time has continued to keep it that way.   I have been pleased to see this on shelves all over the place in my neck of the woods.

92C54652-6B69-43C1-BBDB-416B510AE8F1.jpeg

• I like it 1

Isaac Bowman Port Finish. I’ve enjoyed this before but today that port is just dominating it and all the other flavors are masked by it. Wishing I had a Bowman Brothers around to compare it to but I’m all out of the BB and John J. right now and the only in town is Isaac.

Taking the excellent advice from SB, I am enjoying some WT101 tonight.  I'm quite surprised as to just how good it is and while I'm probably too green to have a "go to" just yet, this is the early front runner.

• I like it 3

4 minutes ago, DanP said:

Taking the excellent advice from SB, I am enjoying some WT101 tonight.  I'm quite surprised as to just how good it is and while I'm probably too green to have a "go to" just yet, this is the early front runner.

You're never too green to have ago to. That's a favorite of many of us. In fact I think that'll be my first pour of this evening. Cheers and welcome to a great forum.

Am currently in a profound state of bourbon bliss,    Listening to the Fred Anderson Trio live at the Velvet Lounge,  with Peter Kowald and Hamid Drake,  and sipping 1792 Bottled in Bond,  a single barrel "Canal's Family Selection" pick  here at the Jersey shore.   It's clear with stars a blazing,  and the nose on this Barton's is voluptuous.   The dram itself is woody and smooth,  and a freight train of spice and vanilla.   Hamid is soloing, as Fred takes a breather.   All is as it should be . . .   

Edited by Jazzhead
  • I like it 5

An interesting turn of events. Carolina  won despite losing both goalies and had to bring an emergency keeper(Ayres),42 yr old Zamboni operator and practice goalie of the Leafs. 

Raising a glass for Ayres. Gritty bourbon for a gritty performance! 

1CD2A308-191F-401D-AE98-B4C6442C1705.jpeg

• I like it 1

Onto WTKS, warehouse "B".

Once again another stellar WTKS.  Just goes to show, a good barrel doesn't need NCF. 

Cheers

Edited by Wedelstaedt
Added content
  • I like it 2

On 2/20/2020 at 9:22 PM, FasterHorses said:

HM10. Not as bad as my previous bottles  but still not good ... 0 for 4 with these and prob wont be a 5th.

I was disappointed with my first bottle of this, I had high hopes for it. With all of the great bourbons out there, and your post, I don't think I'd try it again.

Enjoyed several solid pours with great company last night, although the high point for me was drinking someone else's GBS ETL :lol:  I think it started out the night as Rich's but wound up being Joe's (and definitely wound up being lighter by the end of the night).  Just another reminder of how great this group is (with some exceptions, like the guy trying to push his peanut butter flavored whiskey - jeez).  

• I like it 1

Had an amazing pour of this and wanted to post it up. A good buddy in Dallas came out for a drink and bought me a pour. 

First time I have seen or tried the BT experimentals. I cant say I was blow away or would battle through a Black Friday crowd to get a bottle but it was unique for sure. 

84F4EA60-FE74-4742-ADC4-A21CD7D7205B.jpeg

• I like it 2

Went to the GR Boat show and managed to avoid buying a new boat.  Although, my wife looked hard a at Bennington Pontoon with a Mercury 450 on it.  Large motors on pontoons remind me of an Air Force buddy who used to say that the F4 Phantom was proof that a brick could fly if you put large enough motors on it.?  At at the Wolfgang Puck restaurant in the Amway Grand Hotel for lunch and was seated close to the bar.  A bar patron close to us proceeded to give the bartender a lecture on Bourbon  including that he did not like BUlleit or BT as they were too hot and tasted exactly the same.  I gave my wife the eye roll when he said that.

• I like it 4

Ok, I did my SBS of BT and BT single barrel select last night.  While I will not pretend to be able to describe the differences, they were there.  But I wonder how much of it is due to the fact that I just cracked open the BT single barrel while the regular BT has been open weeks.   I have read mentions on SB that a bottle changes a bit after opening a few days and felt like I have noticed the same thing in my bottles.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.