What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Not today but a couple of days ago I picked up a bottle of New Riff SiB, PS.  Also grabbed a bottle of EW BIB.

• I like it 1

spacer.png

Wow! Wife caught me completely by surprise! She secretly entered a lottery without me knowing!

• I like it 26

Just now, mal00768 said:

My swag.. I can’t decide if I should pour a wee dram of the maple syrup or actually use it on pancakes.

Both!

Fyi, once you finish that bag of coffee, the Pappy & Co coffee is pretty darn good as well.

15 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

My swag.. I can’t decide if I should pour a wee dram of the maple syrup or actually use it on pancakes.

4A665DE1-3363-4BDF-B2EA-3602079C9568.jpeg

Dang dude, I went on Amazon to check the Pappy syrup.  ?  That's some expensive stuff!  Might just try a bottle of plain Wegmans syrup and throw some EW in it for yucks. ?

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

spacer.png

Wow! Wife caught me completely by surprise! She secretly entered a lottery without me knowing!

Another keeper wife!

• I like it 3

Not something I acquired, but my brother's wife got him a bottle of Bib and Tucker last night. She said she had asked the liquor store guy (small store) what to buy. She said he told her it was not from one of the big distilleries and that it's very smooth. When he saw it I could tell he was a little worried. About 6 weeks ago he was at the same store and called me asking about this bottle. I told him to stay away, as its lofty price tag is due to it having a neat bottle and being sourced. 

I have no idea why she didnt call me to ask, but unfortunately some people think liquor store workers are more knowledgeable than those us of that drink it regularly and read about it even more regularly. 

Due to work i finally had a day off (Christmas day) .    Was able to pick up a THH at $199 and a Blantons at $58.  Recent whiskey club winnings.  

Went to a second store where i have made some connections.  He had a Whistlepig 18 rye at $280 for me.  About $100 under retail from what i understand.  Wasn't specifically on my hunt list but ill purchase items when available to keep the connection. 

He then came out from the back and offered a Van Winkle 13 Rye for $229 "or" a 12 year Lot B for $199.   That choice was easy for me.   Twas a good and merry christmas

Edit:  also grabbed a Crown royal nobel collection 13 year for the new years party

20191225_115832.jpg

Edited by skidfive
  • I like it 13

1 hour ago, skidfive said:

Due to work i finally had a day off (Christmas day) .    Was able to pick up a THH at $199 and a Blantons at $58.  Recent whiskey club winnings.  

Went to a second store where i have made some connections.  He had a Whistlepig 18 rye at $280 for me.  About $100 under retail from what i understand.  Wasn't specifically on my hunt list but ill purchase items when available to keep the connection. 

He then came out from the back and offered a Van Winkle 13 Rye for $229 "or" a 12 year Lot B for $199.   That choice was easy for me.   Twas a good and merry christmas

Edit:  also grabbed a Crown royal nobel collection 13 year for the new years party

20191225_115832.jpg

Damn man you hard then hit harder! Congrats on the VW Rye, that's a tough score. Thumbs Up.

• I like it 1

Not purchased, but was given Christmas gifts of:

Pic #1. A bottle of Red Stag. This was a gag gift supposedly from my daughter in law. My son and daughter in law wanted to see my reaction to getting this before receiving the bottles in the next pic.

Pic#2. Old label/bottles of a ps Weller SR, a handle of Weller 12 and a ps OWA. These were from my son, with some help from a very special "elf".  I sure do have a wonder family and some great friends, and I'm thankful for that each and every day.

Biba! Joe

PS.  Guess which bottle I'll be bringing to our 2020 Spring Bash? :lol:

P1140418.jpeg

P1140425.jpeg

• I like it 12

40 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Not purchased, but was given Christmas gifts of:

Pic #1. A bottle of Red Stag. This was a gag gift supposedly from my daughter in law. My son and daughter in law wanted to see my reaction to getting this before receiving the bottles in the next pic.

Pic#2. Old label/bottles of a ps Weller SR, a handle of Weller 12 and a ps OWA. These were from my son, with some help from a very special "elf".  I sure do have a wonder family and some great friends, and I'm thankful for that each and every day.

Biba! Joe

P1140418.jpeg

P1140425.jpeg

Did you know immediately the red stag was a gag or did you think, oh s#@$!:wacko:

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

P1140418.jpeg

Ahhhhh!    I c'nardly wait to have a big splash of that red STAG come April, Joe!   You Da' MAN, Buddy!    Lemme know what special pour I can bring for you, eh?

15 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Ahhhhh!    I c'nardly wait to have a big splash of that red STAG come April, Joe!   You Da' MAN, Buddy!    Lemme know what special pour I can bring for you, eh?

I think Joe wants to do a SBS with some Fireball.

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, skidfive said:

20191225_115832.jpg

I received a WP 18 as a generous Christmas gift from my team at work, and WOW - was the first dram good!

• I like it 3

Stopped in a favorite LS today, to see if possibly they would have a bottle of ETL for my birthday tomorrow.

They didn't have any. I grabbed a bottle of Basil Hayden and while we were talking about the tight ness of some of these bourbons,

all of sudden one of the guys show up with a bottle of Blanton's for me. I'm a reasonable newbie to this store, maybe buying 4-5 bottles of bourbon from them, but they got my business going forward. 

11 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Did you know immediately the red stag was a gag or did you think, oh s#@$!:wacko:

Truth be told, I wasn’t sure. My initial thought was that is was sincere, but with all the smiles, I figured it was a gag. The back story here was that my daughter in law was able got in touch with the “special elf” for a bottle recommendation for me. <_<

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

My wife (NOT a bourbon drinker) was elated to come across multiple bottles of Bourbon Cream from BT. We managed to get four of them. She was really quite enthused!! She insisted we visit multiple LSs to see if more was available. I had to explain  Bourbon Zen to her. To no avail. She does enjoy this particular BT product. As do I.

Pat

Bourbon Cream 1.jpg

• I like it 3

12 hours ago, Patrick_OKC said:

My wife (NOT a bourbon drinker) was elated to come across multiple bottles of Bourbon Cream from BT. We managed to get four of them. She was really quite enthused!! She insisted we visit multiple LSs to see if more was available. I had to explain  Bourbon Zen to her. To no avail. She does enjoy this particular BT product. As do I.

Pat

Bourbon Cream 1.jpg

My wife is a fan of this, as well.  We've been fortunate to have a steady supply available at the stores in the area.  She does enjoy the taste of bourbon on its own and so will add a bit of ET BiB to make it more about the bourbon than the cream. ?

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.