What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Got this lovely bottle in today. Private group barrel pick that I can't wait to break into. When it finally shipped, the group received 12 CASES less than what was estimated. Was hoping to get 3 bottles, only got 1, which I am lucky to have.

R2na5vz.thumb.jpg.e4dc52f60429fb2be2350690954970bc.jpg

Wow, big underestimation. Short barrel.

Two 1.75L ER10 bottles arrived today. Have one to a good friend of mine and kept one to complete the 3 bottle set

6172FA66-33F8-4B2B-96DC-4A561AAA4A94.jpeg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, marshall9779 said:

Wow, big underestimation. Short barrel.

Tell me about it. It went from everyone getting 2-3 each to only 1 per person and 9 people not getting one at all.

1 hour ago, clearmoon247 said:

Tell me about it. It went from everyone getting 2-3 each to only 1 per person and 9 people not getting one at all.

Must’ve been one of the barrels they debung and pour from every hour for tours all day...

:P

• I like it 1

Picked up a Baker's 7 Y.O, Single Barrel ($58), CEHT Small Batch ($40) and Nikka From the Barrel ($65) - one per person at Total Wine in Las Vegas.

• I like it 1

Downside of living in SF Bay Area is any Weller products above the SR level are just about impossible to find at the MSRP levels that folks in the South and Midwest can find.  While this one was noticeably more than MSRP, it was well below what this would sell for in a heartbeat on the online secondary market.  Shall soon be in the bunker of one @fosmith...........

69AF23A9-A040-4558-A7D6-0D8FFA066245.thumb.jpeg.7a36e17b0c09546890fcc216dfa4a05f.jpeg

• I like it 5

11 hours ago, parksmart said:

Downside of living in SF Bay Area is any Weller products above the SR level are just about impossible to find at the MSRP levels that folks in the South and Midwest can find.  While this one was noticeably more than MSRP, it was well below what this would sell for in a heartbeat on the online secondary market.  Shall soon be in the bunker of one @fosmith...........

@parksmart, you da man!  I'm amazed how you find bargains and gems here in the Bay Area.  It's been a dozen years or more since I've seen W12 on a shelf at any price.  I'm grateful to you, my friend, for the opportunity to finally own (and drink) a bottle.  What a great community this forum is... 

Cheers! 

• I like it 6

4 minutes ago, fosmith said:

@parksmart, you da man!  I'm amazed how you find bargains and gems here in the Bay Area.  It's been a dozen years or more since I've seen W12 on a shelf at any price.  I'm grateful to you, my friend, for the opportunity to finally own (and drink) a bottle.  What a great community this forum is... 

Cheers! 

My pleasure, sir!  Though I’m kinda jelly right now.  Only W12 I own is the prior format bottles......

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, parksmart said:

6 hours ago, fosmith said:

Cheers! 

And this folks, is what SB is partly about. Members sharing and helping one another out. Kudos guys. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 8

On 1/8/2020 at 4:26 PM, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

That is one hell of a kitchen set in the back.  Top-notch sir!  

Thank you thank you!  Let us know how the barrel proof Larceny is.

• I like it 1

Didn't purchase, but I acquired some nice bottles via trade today.  Bakers 13, 4R SmB LE, ETL 100th and this year's OFBB.

• I like it 1

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 10:58 PM, Obeezy1Kaneezy said:

What did I just walk into here??? :lol:

Anyways...  Here’s some vaca pickups.  Probably wouldn’t have grabbed a couple of these under normal circumstances, but I was in Orlando & you spend money when you’re in Orlando. :P

I’m curious to try this Larceny store pick.  I’ve seen a couple different ones on social media, but never had come across one. 

9B3157EA-AFD2-4904-B1F9-FC6C4FB12376.jpeg

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 1:43 PM, JSpartan said:

I’m a big fan of the Larceny store picks if you get them at a good price. I picked up a Binny’s pick (6.5 year old wheater) for $20. Great value IMO and the flavor is much better than the standard Larceny offering.

I really like the Larceny store pick I have.  Much better than the standard one.  I have yet to compare it SBS to my various RY10SiB's  but that's what it reminds me of, albeit younger and obviously lower proof so not as creamy.

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, afmadd said:

Thank you thank you!  Let us know how the barrel proof Larceny is.

It’s solid IMO.  I might be repeating myself here, but it’s got a little bit of a tannic finish, but it’s not anything I can’t get over or that ruins it for me.  It doesn’t taste like WLW or MM Cask Strength either.  Pretty unique profile that doesn’t drink near as hot as it’s proof says.  I’m going to add a drop or two of water to it next time just to see how it changes it, but it really doesn’t need it.  

• I like it 1

Had one of these in November. They still have some on the shelf. Fantastic MGP. May end up going back for more...but feels a bit overboard. 

F0A56555-2C08-407C-BD30-355FB876EC0D.jpeg

• I like it 5

3 hours ago, Supercharger said:

Had one of these in November. They still have some on the shelf. Fantastic MGP. May end up going back for more...but feels a bit overboard. 

F0A56555-2C08-407C-BD30-355FB876EC0D.jpeg

I don't feel so bad about buying two of these Garfield's picks now. It is good.

• I like it 1

Love Binny’s coupons.

Grabbed a Rare Breed and a Maker’s Mark Cask Strength at $42 and $37 respectively with a $15 off coupon.

Pretty happy to get those two bottles for $64 plus tax.

• I like it 7

6 minutes ago, BMartin42 said:

Love Binny’s coupons.

Grabbed a Rare Breed and a Maker’s Mark Cask Strength at $42 and $37 respectively with a $15 off coupon.

Yeah. In addition to the JaM picks, I went to Binnys and got some beer and a RR pick. 

• I like it 1

27 minutes ago, BMartin42 said:

Love Binny’s coupons.

Ditto. Grabbed a Stagg Jr and New Riff SiB barrel proof rye pick with the coupon.

• I like it 1

Picked up some basics. WT101 and OF100/Signature. These are what I was looking for on my shopping trip. Also picked up some ECBP. Will savor all three.

Pat

of and wt.jpg

ec bp.jpg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, BMartin42 said:

Love Binny’s coupons.

1 hour ago, Supercharger said:

Yeah. In addition to the JaM picks, I went to Binnys and got some beer and a RR pick. 

51 minutes ago, fanostra said:

Ditto. Grabbed a Stagg Jr and New Riff SiB barrel proof rye pick with the coupon.

Darn! I got my email and coupon and was thinking of heading in to a Binny’s today, but the winter storm we’re experiencing convinced me to stay home. Nice grabs guys. Enjoy! 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

15 minutes ago, Patrick_OKC said:

Picked up some basics. WT101 and OF100/Signature. These are what I was looking for on my shopping trip. Also picked up some ECBP. Will savor all three.

Pat

of and wt.jpg

ec bp.jpg

It's a damn fine day in your house.

• I like it 1

59 minutes ago, flahute said:

It's a damn fine day in your house.

Well said, well said.

Pat

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.