What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Will be opening and drinking shortly.

IMG_2344.thumb.jpg.d7014c3b10cb2934bc4952dd76e9db2e.jpg

Ha find this somewhat funny as I use to work at Wegmans as a young IG in there home base 20 years ago. They didn’t have any liquor stores at the time. Good times.
  • I like it 1

Braved the storm last night to run to Binnys because of the coupon deal & a couple of gift cards I just got for my birthday. Picked up another Remus Reserve B2 - absolutely love this. Also grabbed the B13 of Stagg Jr which just came in.

Got back & intended to hibernate when a bud called saying he just got some free tix to see Buddy Guy at his club in the South Loop. This was also too good of a deal to pass so it was back into the storm!

20200112_102522.jpg

20200111_235559.jpg

• I like it 11

37 minutes ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Braved the storm last night to run to Binnys because of the coupon deal & a couple of gift cards I just got for my birthday. Picked up another Remus Reserve B2 - absolutely love this. Also grabbed the B13 of Stagg Jr which just came in.

Got back & intended to hibernate when a bud called saying he just got some free tix to see Buddy Guy at his club in the South Loop. This was also too good of a deal to pass so it was back into the

Jealous of both the Stagg Jr and you getting to see Buddy Guy. Bourbon  and blues. Great combo. ?

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Got back & intended to hibernate when a bud called saying he just got some free tix to see Buddy Guy at his club in the South Loop. This was also too good of a deal to pass so it was back into the storm!

20200112_102522.jpg

20200111_235559.jpg

@Whiskeythink.com, WOW, that's incredible that you got to see Buddy Guy! And happy birthday! 

Cheers,

Nancy

1 hour ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

@Whiskeythink.com, WOW, that's incredible that you got to see Buddy Guy! And happy birthday! 

Cheers,

Nancy

Thanks Nancy!

The old man can still really belt out a tune at 83 years!

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Did that exact show in that exact place 6 years ago. 

Awesome.

• I like it 1

On 1/4/2020 at 11:18 AM, BigRich said:

You’ve never had it and you bought 4?

2 for me, 1 for Boss, 1 for Father Inlaw. 

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, Whitewhale said:

WFP $50 courtesy ABC Vault.  Also found WSR 1.75L $40.  

This year, I will for sure get gold in that darn vault!

• I like it 2

I was so irritated with ABC when they announced it, I stopped shopping there. But come gift box season I figured I'd check my points status to see where I was at. Only needed $150 to make Gold. So I did it, after I swore I wouldn't.

I got a Lot B first week of December and im waiting for my Full Proof to be delivered. May not be the best system, but it's the only one that's worked for me to have an opportunity for those bottles at retail.
  • I like it 1

• Elijah Craig 1789 Straight Bourbon Small Batch 12 Year Old 94 Proof FWGS Exclusive Barrel 5076882
  • Russell's Reserve Single Barrel Straight Bourbon FWGS Exclusive Barrel 19 1082
  • Johnny Drum Private Stock Straight Bourbon 101 Proof

"I'm looking forward to this..." -  Count Dooku ?

2 hours ago, clearmoon247 said:

Saw tons of vault bags at my ABC in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL when I picked it up yesterday.  You have to be quick with the trigger too when those e-mails go out for the vault.  I didn't see the e-mail right away and was cursing myself, hoping there was something good left.   Definitely worth spending $1,000 a year to get a crack at those.   Picked up ORVW in November via Access. for $75 

Edited by Whitewhale

Spent Christmas in Florida with my daughter and SIL, and enjoyed some 101 which was awesome, but I found a cache of JB Distillers Cut and did some hoarding.  For 20 bucks it's damn good.  Got 7, and my SIL is on the prowl for more.  Oh, and a 1.75 of 101 was 28 bucks.  Got 2 of them.

Spent Christmas in Florida with my daughter and SIL, and enjoyed some 101 which was awesome, but I found a cache of JB Distillers Cut and did some hoarding.  For 20 bucks it's damn good.  Got 7, and my SIL is on the prowl for more.  Oh, and a 1.75 of 101 was 28 bucks.  Got 2 of them.

I definitely would pick up a bottle or two if I stumbled upon some distillers cut.

Woodford Reserve Double Double Oaked is a favorite of mine that is released once a year in KY.  I have one bottle left signed by Chris as a gift from wife and the rest is long gone.  I have been all over town looking for a bottle and every store was the same response, no and your the 5th or 20th person to ask.........

Yada Yada Yada, was able to get to gift shop from a tip on the release.  Should have just purchased the case (12) like everyone else but opted for 9. 

3 to me and the rest to friends.

Most people say it is over priced, and while I agree so is 90% of the bourbon on the shelves these days.

20200114_110617.jpg

20200114_110627.jpg

• I like it 2

Picked up a 6 year age stated fighting cock 103.  Haven't seen one of those in awhile and even though I have several I decided WTF I'll get another. It's good drinking.

• I like it 4

Binnys

i was actually there for another old bardstown as the first bottle lasted about a week. 

814E6562-F3A9-4948-88A6-783DD731CA02.jpeg

Pricey? Yeah. But starting a new job Monday, so figured I’d splurge. 
45FB4E98-7DE7-4E58-B1A2-8C6B2A29234F.thumb.jpeg.5f83e586ea93de41f36123a2f1cc5ae1.jpeg

Is the one they are saying is SW?

4 hours ago, Supercharger said:

Pricey? Yeah. But starting a new job Monday, so figured I’d splurge. 

Pricey indeed. The bottles I saw recently were $660. And those are 375ml bottles.

Got these two today and I couldn't be happier.

Traded for the Rhetoric and got 2x bottles of FrOak. The FrOak tastes like a more concentrated Stagg Jr Batch #9 with an addition of leather & tobacco. It is one of my new top favorite whiskey's ever at this point. Also compared the Rhetoric to Jefferson's Presidential 17-Year (SW) and while the palate is different (more oak and rye spice), the finish is exactly the same.

2020-01-16.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.