What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

52 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Pricey indeed. The bottles I saw recently were $660. And those are 375ml bottles.

Distillery price is $499. Yes, still absurd. 

I’ll likely never have a shot at SW juice. Even if I did, most collectors are snapping up old dusties like crazy and driving the prices up. I though I’d use a new job as an excuse to buy now. Ill likely drink it one day as a milestone achievement, perhaps with my kids when they’re ready. 

26 minutes ago, Supercharger said:

I’ll likely never have a shot at SW juice. Even if I did, most collectors are snapping up old dusties like crazy and driving the prices up. I though I’d use a new job as an excuse to buy now. Ill likely drink it one day as a milestone achievement, perhaps with my kids when they’re ready. 

I don't fault you one bit. The small pour of 17-Year SW that I have is so amazing, but almost gone. Im stupid happy that I found something that is even remotely close. Enjoy your bottle and be happy you splurged!

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Supercharger said:

Distillery price is $499. Yes, still absurd. 

Good for you. This is why we’re called Enthusiasts!  :)

• I like it 3

With a little help from a fellow SB member, yeah I did! ?

Biba! Joe

D521F803-56D2-45B0-AD8F-CD643686F3BC_1_105_c copy.jpg

• I like it 2

Got a couple of 750s of WSR today thanks to a tip from @fosmith that a local big box retailer had them in stock for a solid price.  Much appreciated!

?

• I like it 1

ER PS.. didnt need another but the guy and the store have been super cool to me. Really nice pick.

3 hours ago, parksmart said:

Got a couple of 750s of WSR today thanks to a tip from @fosmith that a local big box retailer had them in stock for a solid price.  Much appreciated!

?

My pleasure.  Just returning one of many favors bro!... ?

• I like it 1

From my counties whisky event yesterday. It’s gotten too crazy. No more camping out for me. Go there at 8:45 the night before and was about 115 in line. Probably just do the afternoon releases from now on.

EC is a 10 yr.

IMG_4083.thumb.jpg.d453f690c523f4ab48b3ec6c65500212.jpg

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, BigRich said:

Flock of Eaglesemoji1787.png

Ba-dum-bump-pssssshhhhh.....

FYI SBers:

BIGRICH will be performing 2 shows nightly through the end of the month in the Copa Room at the Holiday Inn - Passaic.  He recommends the veal...  ?

• I like it 4

On 1/15/2020 at 10:17 PM, Kepler said:

Picked up a 6 year age stated fighting cock 103.  Haven't seen one of those in awhile and even though I have several I decided WTF I'll get another. It's good drinking.

I totally agree.  The restaurant we usually go to before our Broadway Series play in Louisville still has a bottle.  I have a pour every time we're there.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

From my counties whisky event yesterday. It’s gotten too crazy. No more camping out for me. Go there at 8:45 the night before and was about 115 in line. Probably just do the afternoon releases from now on.

EC is a 10 yr.

IMG_4083.thumb.jpg.d453f690c523f4ab48b3ec6c65500212.jpg

8:45 the night before and already 115 people in line.

This is relevant to the boom thread.

• I like it 1

14 minutes ago, flahute said:

Agreed. Especially for those bottles. No offense, they’re great, but their not grails or unicorns. 

5 minutes ago, Supercharger said:

Agreed. Especially for those bottles. No offense, they’re great, but their not grails or unicorns. 

One would have to assume the better stuff was snapped up by the first dozen or two folks who camped out.....

• I like it 2

4 minutes ago, parksmart said:

One would have to assume the better stuff was snapped up by the first dozen or two folks who camped out.....

They had 3 bottles each of Pappy 20 and 23. Then 1 bottle of OFC 1994. Some Weller full proof,12 yr, Old Rip 10 yr along with Old Fitz 15 yo. 

that was the extent of the early releases. 

not going to be camping out again most likely. Just gotten too crazy. 

• I like it 1

6 minutes ago, ptman2000 said:

They had 3 bottles each of Pappy 20 and 23. Then 1 bottle of OFC 1994. Some Weller full proof,12 yr, Old Rip 10 yr along with Old Fitz 15 yo. 

that was the extent of the early releases. 

not going to be camping out again most likely. Just gotten too crazy. 

Yikes.  Sounds like you were lucky you got an ORVW being that far back in line.

Edited by parksmart
Typos

51 minutes ago, ptman2000 said:

I was 30th in line and got there at 4 pm. 

here was my haul for the day. 

E15B87E4-105E-4CE6-9720-5E559638907D.jpeg

Good variety there.

Hope you enjoy that Baker’s.  I like what is being done with that brand currently.

Also, I’m a little jealous of that nice fireplace. ? 

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

2 hours ago, flahute said:

Glut ain’t coming. 

5 hours ago, BigRich said:

...and one dodo.

?

7C301269-FE05-4614-B739-EE66ABD8281A.jpeg

Edited by 0895
Sorry, couldn’t help myself. Nothing personal against Willett.
  • I like it 2

9 hours ago, BigRich said:

Remember to tip your waitress!

These are two different picks by the same store.  These & the Willett I’d already paid for just hadn’t been able to get down & pick them up.  The ER picks have been scarce until just recently around me.  I’ve picked up seven the last couple months from three different stores.  I’m not mad about it at all. 

14 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

No words needed. :D

Biba! Joe

DSC_0010.jpeg

Awesome! Was pullin for you to get a full proof at least!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.