What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2019)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Today’s pickups. After throwing some months long hissy fit about The OWA price increase,  I made my way back. I will say it is worth every bit of $50 IMO. Makers cask strength was good and a temporary substitute but it isn’t Weller. Can’t wait to try the new ECBP and as you can see in the picture, I’m already having a pour of tried and true.

3324A145-1C8C-4CC9-BD56-A3905BF8F120.jpeg

• I like it 2

Finally saw some OF 1910 on the shelf for the first time in a very long time. I behaved and only grabbed one bottle even though I was tempted to clear the shelf.

• I like it 1

Found these yesterday.  First C919 EC I have seen here in mid Missouri. 
First picture I have posted, hope I did it right?

B3D10E10-33A6-426F-B90C-144D01207645.jpeg

• I like it 8

13 minutes ago, River Hills said:

One each for me and one each for my son-in-law.  He is a fairly lucky guy.

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, River Hills said:

Nice little haul you have there. 

We in eastern Missouri have trouble finding ECBP. Same goes for the HM10. 

• I like it 1

I would rather be lucky than good.  LS clerk said he put the two bottles of HM 10 on the shelf minutes before I walked in the door.

Grabbed a Stagg JR Batch 12 (59.99) a Rebel Yell 100 and an EHT SB (39.99)... Happy that some good stuff is hitting the shelves in West MI

• I like it 2

3 minutes ago, jnewberg said:

Grabbed a Stagg JR Batch 12 (59.99) a Rebel Yell 100 and an EHT SB (39.99)... Happy that some good stuff is hitting the shelves in West MI

EHT Single Barrel, or Small Batch?  Awesome price if SiB!

37 minutes ago, parksmart said:

EHT Single Barrel, or Small Batch?  Awesome price if SiB!

Small Batch which has been frequently seen for $70+ around here... Guy just posted a single barrell on the east side of Michigan for $119.99

38 minutes ago, jnewberg said:

Small Batch which has been frequently seen for $70+ around here... Guy just posted a single barrell on the east side of Michigan for $119.99

Ah, ok.  $39.99 seems to be the sweet spot for decently priced EHT SmB.  K&L Wines here in CA (2 locations in SF Bay Area, and 1 down south in Hollywood) gets a decent qty of that on seemingly a bi-weekly basis nowadays, and they price it at $39.99.  

I remember a year or two ago seeing an empty bin at a local Costco, with a price sign showing CHT SmB for $32.99.......... ?

1 hour ago, geclbxf said:

Does it feel like the supply of Buffalo Trace products is increasing compared to the last several years?

Seems like certain areas, as well as national retailers, are getting more frequent shipments of the portfolio.  Costcos here locally will have cases of Buffalo Trace ($20.99) and Eagle Rare ($24.99) out on a regular basis.  Baby Sazerac ($22.99) are a bit less frequent, but they do pop up on a regular basis.  Blanton’s is more of a once or twice a year thing.

*** I’ve no affiliation to Costco, other than being a loyal and frequent shopper there ***

18 minutes ago, parksmart said:

Ah, ok.  $39.99 seems to be the sweet spot for decently priced EHT SmB.  K&L Wines here in CA (2 locations in SF Bay Area, and 1 down south in Hollywood) gets a decent qty of that on seemingly a bi-weekly basis nowadays, and they price it at $39.99.  

I remember a year or two ago seeing an empty bin at a local Costco, with a price sign showing CHT SmB for $32.99.......... ?

39.99 is state min in Michigan so cannot do better 

C919 for me today. 

The recent ECBPs have been as good or better than the squat bottles I have. 

Credit where it is due. A lot of turn over at MD spot but ECBP has been killer. 

• I like it 3

I got a call from a local owner that said he had found some JB DC in is back room that had been forgotten.  He knew I had picked up quite a few of the years.  $17.99 (What his inventory said) and 15% for six.  Not bad at all!

A05D5CD8-82A8-4453-A391-D653E2703BC1.jpeg

• I like it 9

47 minutes ago, markandrex said:

I got a call from a local owner that said he had found some JB DC in is back room that had been forgotten.  He knew I had picked up quite a few of the years.  $17.99 (What his inventory said) and 15% for six.  Not bad at all!

A05D5CD8-82A8-4453-A391-D653E2703BC1.jpeg

Good find.  Distiller's Cut and Repeal Batch are the two with Jim Beam on the front that I really like.  The others, not so much.

• I like it 2

19 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Good find.  Distiller's Cut and Repeal Batch are the two with Jim Beam on the front that I really like.  The others, not so much.

Preaching to the choir brother!

On 2/10/2020 at 6:25 AM, lcpfratn said:

Rock Town really hurt their reputation with some of their early releases. Some of their early products were okay, but many were just horrible...enough so that I’d probably not buy anything from them again without sampling first.

Yeah, that's what went thru my mind as I ran over to the distillery to give it a try.  Although I will say that the open bottle of 4 grain that's been hiding at the back of the shelf for maybe a yr or so did surprise me as being much better than I remembered when I finally re-opened it this week.  Either my taste sensors have changed considerably or that little bit of air-ing really helped out over a long period.

• I like it 1

A client forwarded me the below screenshot since I'm not on social media. I happened to be in the area so we met up, bought a few bottles of Old Fo (100, 1897x2, 1910, rye) and spoke with Jackie a while. It wasn't until leaving that I saw her note on the bottle: Thanks for the job security! ?

1157404275_Screenshot_20200213-1510592.thumb.png.a0b3a9ba44941684448f1f340fd01840.png

• I like it 5

Well, it's our normal weekend shopping day, so y'all know what that means. :unsure: Of course I stopped and looked, but I had no intention of buying anything. But y'all know what they say about good intentions? -_- Anyway, I ran across a deal too good to pass up. Handles of Four Roses (Yellow) for the unheard of price of $19.61. No, that's not a typo. So yeah I did. Three came home with me. The bourbon gods have to be smiling down on me. Right???:)

Biba! Joe

fr.jpeg

• I like it 10

21 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Well, it's our normal weekend shopping day, so y'all know what that means. :unsure: Of course I stopped and looked, but I had no intention of buying anything. But y'all know what they say about good intentions? -_- Anyway, I ran across a deal too good to pass up. Handles of Four Roses (Yellow) for the unheard of price of $19.61. No, that's not a typo. So yeah I did. Three came home with me. The bourbon gods have to be smiling down on me. Right???:)

Biba! Joe

fr.jpeg

Seeing a pile of Four Roses on your bar is not an every day occurrence! 

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, flahute said:

Seeing a pile of Four Roses on your bar is not an every day occurrence! 

Exactly!! A plethora of Roses on the Weller Whore bar?? Is he moving to the right side of the bourbon equation???

Edited by Phil T
  • I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.