Empty Bottle(s) Support Group ~ 2020

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 3/22/2020 at 9:49 PM, JCwhammie said:

Since there's no empty bottle support thread in the rye section I decided to place this post here (sorry if that's frowned upon). I enjoy this 5yr 7mo quite a bit. 

20200322_214632.jpg

It is Empty Bottle, so you could post an empty bottle of Advil if you wanted too. Just saying...…. I like that its open, it shows a little diversity in the bourbon drinkers. 
I have finished off most of this in the past few weeks.  CV-19 has really turned me into a true drinker.... :P

8D07C7F6-9FC6-4BE4-BC97-E908C998A3FD.thumb.jpeg.3b051a381bb7e12b573d4b03eb342a1e.jpeg

Edited by LCWoody
  • I like it 2

I’m so ashamed. I’ve only managed to kill 3 bottles so far. Unlike some of you old folks I still have to work at home.

089A09F8-3080-4DC3-8ED1-8CB01C1EE0F2.jpeg

Edited by mal00768

8 hours ago, mal00768 said:

I’m so ashamed. I’ve only managed to kill 3 bottles so far. Unlike some of you old folks I still have to work at home.

089A09F8-3080-4DC3-8ED1-8CB01C1EE0F2.jpeg

Nice L&K pick Blanton's - one of my faves, now long gone.   ?

This one was pretty good.

Finished it today in 2 pours with an ice cube ?.

Im not normally one for ice, but it made sense today in my head, for some reason.  ?‍♂️

9D07AD71-527F-45F4-973B-EE814FED3981.jpeg

Killed this Whistlepig SiB store pick. It was real nice, but I do have better WP store picks on hand.

Not pictured, but also killed off that OldFo Signature 100 proof bottle with the older orange-on-clear-plastic label.

Not a fan of that particular bottling (good riddance). I think I paid something like $15 for it a few years ago so no big deal.

20200328_172928.jpg

• I like it 2

3 minutes ago, Mattk said:

Sorry for the multiple posts. How do I delete those?

You can't but I got you.

• I like it 1

8 minutes ago, Mattk said:

Oops. May have to make one more trip to the store before I can't anymore

IMG_20200329_000455.jpg

Also - if your current level of sobriety is reflective of the focus level of this photo, I suggest waiting until morning!?

• I like it 6

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Also - if your current level of sobriety is reflective of the focus level of this photo, I suggest waiting until morning!?

Unfortunately my phone seems to be running very slowly and it is effecting most functions. I'm also going to have to replace it as well rather soon. But thanks for the advice, the sobriety did in fact depart mid evening and I haven't seen it since.

• I like it 3

24 minutes ago, Mattk said:

the sobriety did in fact depart mid evening and I haven't seen it since.

I was pretty good earlier in the evening. However, I’m making up for lost time now, and will probably be joining you soon. 

Biba! Joe 

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, Mattk said:

Oops. May have to make one more trip to the store before I can't anymore

IMG_20200329_000455.jpg

When I saw this yesterday it looked just fine, now that I'm sober, yea its a little out of focus...… :P

• I like it 4

54 minutes ago, LCWoody said:

When I saw this yesterday it looked just fine, now that I'm sober, yea its a little out of focus...… :P

LOL!

• I like it 1

I managed to empty the 4R store pick this weekend. OESV 10 yr 4 months. It was good but nothing spectacular.

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Bye bye, my euro friend...

D8D791F1-A161-4E7F-8C9F-23067503613E.jpeg

I have one of these that I picked up in London at Whisky Exchange Covent Gardens. I really need to open mine. I wonder if it's as similar to Diamond Anniversary as I predict it will be?  Anyway, nice work there dude. Cheers.

Edited by Kepler
"if" not "it"

6 hours ago, Kepler said:

I have one of these that I picked up in London at Whisky Exchange Covent Gardens. I really need to open mine. I wonder if it's as similar to Diamond Anniversary as I predict it will be?  Anyway, nice work there dude. Cheers.

I personally feel that it is similar to diamond.  I did an sbs on here awhile back.

If I remember correctly, I felt the diamond was slightly more refined and elegant, where as the 13yDS has just a bit more of that “classic turkey roughness” , if you know what I mean. ?

I think you’ll enjoy it when you open it.

• I like it 1

Great FR bottle if you can find it.  The last once or so went into the infinity bottle...

image.jpg

• I like it 2

It seemed silly to leave such a small amount in the bottle, so I finished it off tonight. As I have said before, this 2012 just didn't quite live up to my expectations. Not bad, just not that great.

2012 fr.jpg

• I like it 1

33 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

It seemed silly to leave such a small amount in the bottle, so I finished it off tonight. As I have said before, this 2012 just didn't quite live up to my expectations. Not bad, just not that great.

2012 fr.jpg

To see that one empty - sad face.

2016 rickhouse G from Alabama. 

A good’un for sure. 

C241A44F-5CD5-4F97-8195-1E6C7D4219C2.jpeg

• I like it 3

Gonna miss this one.  It was really good!  Can't find a replacement anywhere... ?

McK bib.jpg

• I like it 1

What do you do when you're at home self quarantining? Finish off this big gem of SW greatness, of course! (These gallon bottles take awhile)

old fitz.jpg

Ok, Ok.......... it's April Fools Day. I got this empty bottle a few years ago, but hey, a guy can dream, right?

Edited by Vosgar
  • I like it 7

What a nice day! We’re out of beer so opted for a bourbon and sprite with heavy lime in a tall glass with ice. WT 101 is my go to for mixing. Opted for a lower proof for the wife. I need to add a 4RYL to my shopping list and avoid these types of casualties! 

772AC32A-7A9B-4D27-8213-4028169D87BD.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.