Empty Bottle(s) Support Group ~ 2020

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

4 hours ago, 0895 said:

This year kinda sucks and here’s just another reason why...

BE4942A2-BCBD-448F-8102-483D0DA702E2.jpeg

Oh man, rough week.  First the BB and now this. Probably my overall favorite 4R.  Good job killing it though, it served it's true purpose well.

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, Kepler said:

Oh man, rough week.  First the BB and now this. Probably my overall favorite 4R.  Good job killing it though, it served it's true purpose well.

It’s definitely up there with the very best 4R that I’ve ever tried.

?

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, 0895 said:

17 hours ago, Kepler said:

8 hours ago, 0895 said:

It’s definitely up there with the very best 4R that I’ve ever tried.

?

If it’s not my favorite 4R bottle ever, it sure is near the top.  Minimally, it’s the best 4R offering I’ve had in several years.  It was a tough loss when it was emptied.  

• I like it 1

On 7/10/2020 at 5:59 PM, 0895 said:

That bottle isn't completely empty yet. ?

20200711_195148.jpg

• I like it 4

Ordered to its final commission this evening was my Barrel Bourbon,  Batch  21.    Man, this was good bourbon.    Man oh man is this a good bourbon,  as I have a final half ounce at they ready.

The value in blended bourbon is the artist's conceit regarding his/her conception of balance.   Create what you think is a killer bourbon,  and establish a reputation for carrying through on the claim.  That's a recipe for a  customer .   

• I like it 3

19 minutes ago, Jazzhead said:

Ordered to its final commission this evening was my Barrel Bourbon,  Batch  21.    Man, this was good bourbon.    Man oh man is this a good bourbon,  as I have a final half ounce at they ready.

The value in blended bourbon is the artist's conceit regarding his/her conception of balance.   Create what you think is a killer bourbon,  and establish a reputation for carrying through on the claim.  That's a recipe for a  customer .   

Batch 23 just hit town. I've not been a fan of any 8f the batches that have much TN/Dickel in them. But some of the KY only or KY/IN blends have been very good.

Batch 21 has distillate from Indiana,  KY and TN.   The MGP influence makes it great,  but there's a rounded,  faint butterscotch note that I attribute to the Dickel . 

A fascinating construction .  

3 hours ago, Clueby said:

That bottle isn't completely empty yet. ?

Ha!

Tell the Mrs. to just drink it already.  :)

4 hours ago, Jazzhead said:

I'm a fan of their stuff too.

10 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

If it’s not my favorite 4R bottle ever, it sure is near the top.  Minimally, it’s the best 4R offering I’ve had in several years.  It was a tough loss when it was emptied.  

So, I gotta ask. What is your fave 4R bottle?  

Cheers

16 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

So, I gotta ask. What is your fave 4R bottle?  

Cheers

The 125th Anniversary LE Small Batch and 120th Anniversary LE Single Barrel have been my two faves, and the AY is right up there.  All great whiskies, but the 125th would have to be my favorite.  

• I like it 1

Pulled a pre “name batch” Booker’s from the bunker and went through it pretty quickly. Sad to see the Willett 16 go but I have more. 

94F2D6E3-C2D1-4E42-ABB8-33327E349A29.jpeg

• I like it 6

This was a really good bottle of Booker's.  I think the older batches are superior to the recent releases, likely because of the higher age statements.  It's kind of sad to see Booker's now barely over 6yo and prices in the $70-$80 range here in the Bay Area.  And, it's almost $100 in some parts of the country.  As a result, I've pretty much stopped buying Booker's unless I see it for $60 or less, which is rare. 

What amazes me is that Booker's used to be available everywhere for <$50.  Now, after the price increase, people hunt it and batches seem to sell out quickly.  Sigh...

bookers 13 empty.jpg

• I like it 1

Not going to miss this one.  It wasn't bad just never opened up into anything more than meh.  I actually preferred my bottle of J.W. Dant to this.  Oh well, it's a single barrel after all and I've had pretty good luck with these up to now...

HMK empty meh.jpg

• I like it 1

On 7/21/2020 at 8:48 AM, fosmith said:

This was a really good bottle of Booker's.  I think the older batches are superior to the recent releases, likely because of the higher age statements.  It's kind of sad to see Booker's now barely over 6yo and prices in the $70-$80 range here in the Bay Area.  And, it's almost $100 in some parts of the country.  As a result, I've pretty much stopped buying Booker's unless I see it for $60 or less, which is rare. 

What amazes me is that Booker's used to be available everywhere for <$50.  Now, after the price increase, people hunt it and batches seem to sell out quickly.  Sigh...

I agree.  These photos of older Bookers make me want to open one

• I like it 1

17 hours ago, Kepler said:

I agree.  These photos of older Bookers make me want to open one

I'm with you.  Once I finish my LB3, I will hit the bunker to find a Booker's.

Booker's used to be always open on my bar. For some reason, I haven't opened up a bottle. Probably because, I have  had several other  barrel proof brands open. 

Too many choices, I suppose. First world problems. :-))

Cheers

B8358DB2-F67A-410B-B12F-F33892E86AF6.thumb.jpeg.182f8b3a8df0d9a2d6a237a233b480cd.jpegFantastic weather last night on the water with one of my oldest friends. 

78EF7E90-C40A-4857-84C2-A0F9DB437A2C.jpeg

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
  • I like it 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.