Empty Bottle(s) Support Group ~ 2020

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

At $70, a little pricey for a youngish whiskey but it certainly was tasty.  Buttered popcorn on the nose with some red fruits underneath.  Delicious spice and candy on the palate.  Long finish.  If they weren't sold out, I'd probably get another one, tho...

woodinville.jpg

• I like it 1

Damned if this isn’t an almost weekly occurrence...

971D85A4-CEE0-41B0-AF03-C79735BA79DB.jpeg

• I like it 4

Continuing to clear our space and kill bottles. Both Of these were great. EHSiB continues to impress. I’ve not had a bad or even mediocre bottle. 

C2262114-62F6-49E7-BC3F-106CA0E9BD35.jpeg

• I like it 6

13 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Continuing to clear our space and kill bottles. Both Of these were great. EHSiB continues to impress. I’ve not had a bad or even mediocre bottle. 

C2262114-62F6-49E7-BC3F-106CA0E9BD35.jpeg

I like EHT Single Barrel just fine. I've just never had one that was THAT much better than the Small Batch to warrant the (around here) significant jump in price.

• I like it 1

On 5/10/2020 at 1:27 PM, fosmith said:

At $70, a little pricey for a youngish whiskey but it certainly was tasty.  Buttered popcorn on the nose with some red fruits underneath.  Delicious spice and candy on the palate.  Long finish.  If they weren't sold out, I'd probably get another one, tho...

woodinville.jpg

"Buttered popcorn" usually means there was a lot of diacetyl in the ferment. Does it also taste like butterscotch and generally "buttery"?

On 5/10/2020 at 1:27 PM, fosmith said:

woodinville.jpg

I did the first ever barrel pick from this distillery with my local two years ago. Fantastic bourbon. It was fortunately less expensive then.

Casualties from the last few days.

The OESQ was stellar!

2DC80646-A5D7-4FB8-B350-BEA54D6D6444.jpeg

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 3

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

Made it one more day than I thought.

20200516_200518.jpg

That is a good looking bourbon in the glass.  I can only imagine it was great.

3 hours ago, mal00768 said:

Killed an 8 year 8 month OESQ. A bit hot at times but I enjoyed it.

C379E7AB-E09F-4C34-A3A2-F8A7BA60E6AA.jpeg

I don't believe I have ever seen KetoMeal as a backdrop on a bourbon picture.  I have heard Loch & Key picks are pretty good.

I emptied a bottle of CEHT BP tonight.  I was so upset I broke the bottle instead of taking a picture.  This bottle emptied itself quickly.  

8 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I have heard Loch & Key picks are pretty good.

?

• I like it 2

the wife and I (mostly wife) finished a EHT smb. Opened up another one right after it

• I like it 2

15 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I have heard Loch & Key picks are pretty good.

They are. They’d be even better if they let me help pick them. :)

Edited by mal00768
  • I like it 4

An empty jug of KC is going to the recycling center in a few minutes. Looks like a trip to the liquor dept at Costco is in order.

• I like it 1

Hated to see this one go.   It brings back happy memories of our last epic visit to the Motherland...

20200518_100743.jpg

• I like it 1

Started to pour half of what was left in the bottle, then said to hell with it.   Now to figure out a way to put another bottle into the budget. 

75968351-E92C-45A9-8AAD-83C774594134.jpeg

• I like it 3

On 5/12/2020 at 9:53 PM, Clueby said:

I like EHT Single Barrel just fine. I've just never had one that was THAT much better than the Small Batch to warrant the (around here) significant jump in price.

True, but at the same time I’ve never had a single barrel that wasn’t better then the small batch.  The price disparity is a bit larger than I would  like and for that reason I don’t splurge on the SiB often, but every time I do it’s a fantastic experience.

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
  • I like it 1

One of these days, Mrs PG is going to ask just what I mean when I talk about oxidation of the contents in a bottle. I saved an open bottle of OG114 by finishing it off.

• I like it 4

I need to find 1.75’s of this bourbon.  These child sized 750’s go too quickly!

545C6531-6C4E-4A13-B52E-39DC962FA7ED.jpeg

• I like it 3

5 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

True, but at the same time I’ve never had a single barrel that wasn’t better then the small batch.  The price disparity is a bit larger than I would  like and for that reason I don’t splurge on the SiB often, but every time I do it’s a fantastic experience.

I need to try one of these awesome barrels.

Apparently Saint Louis gets all the crap single barrels/bottles.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.