Empty Bottle(s) Support Group ~ 2020

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

22 hours ago, Clueby said:

The last of this Bulleitt BP PS while watching the latest episode of The Boys. Sorry @0895 not my fave. 

20200918_185153.jpg

Well, at least we can always drink Weller together  :)

Celebrating the Stars victory over Tampa Bay tonight. EC18, purchased for $38 dollars in 2012. Lived a good life. 

Pat

EC 18 empy.jpg

EC 18 empty back shot.jpg

Edited by Patrick_OKC
adding back shot
  • I like it 7

Found the bottom of a some ECBP B520 last night. Like most ECBP here lately, never had an off pour and enjoyed it to the very last drop. Can't wait to hear what C920 will bring us.

No pictures but killed off a blantons 375 and a wsr today that had roughly 3 pours combined. I am in the market for both bottles at this point as i have 1 blantons and 1 w107 left.

• I like it 1

My buddy's bottle. We killed it last night, opened a KC12, and also had some Lagavulin 16 and TW Samuels. He's moving out west next week, so it was our last whiskey night while he's a resident of MO. Twas a great night. 

20200925_180857.jpg

• I like it 6

I told myself I wouldn't open a new bottle until I finished the opens that were starting to take over the counter space. There are a bunch of average bottles to say the least. Unfortunately for future me I started with my favorites.

IMG_20200926_161335.jpg

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, Mattk said:

I told myself I wouldn't open a new bottle until I finished the opens that were starting to take over the counter space. There are a bunch of average bottles to say the least. Unfortunately for future me I started with my favorites.

IMG_20200926_161335.jpg

At some point, I decided to just give away stuff that’s not good to me.

Time spent drinking average is time you could spend drinking favs.

Why bother? Is my opinion now.

Old Forester Rye is a perfect example.

i drank almost half a bottle and just don’t like it.

The buddy I gave it to was thrilled and he loves it.

I got to open something else.

Everyone is happy.

?

• I like it 3

2 minutes ago, 0895 said:

At some point, I decided to just give away stuff that’s not good to me.

Time spent drinking average is time you could spend drinking favs.

Why bother? Is my opinion now.

Old Forester Rye is a perfect example.

i drank almost half a bottle and just don’t like it.

The buddy I gave it to was thrilled and he loves it.

I got to open something else.

Everyone is happy.

?

I'll drink average. My wife often enjoys mixing up my below average bottles. My standards may just be a bit high.

Thoroughly enjoyed this. Will need to grab another soon. KC has been tasting really good to me lately, having just finished a 9yr bottle last week too.

IMG_0703.jpg

• I like it 4

15 hours ago, JakeySnakes said:

Thoroughly enjoyed this. Will need to grab another soon. KC has been tasting really good to me lately, having just finished a 9yr bottle last week too.

IMG_0703.jpg

This is a new favorite of mine and I'm already on my third bottle.

• I like it 3

The wife and I killed off an Old tub, both of us liked it and pretty much drank it as a daily for the past couple weeks. Definitely will be picking up another. 

And on the plus side, the cork fit perfectly in my W12 bottle who’s screwtop was very questionable.  

8 hours ago, TehRegion219 said:

The wife and I killed off an Old tub, both of us liked it and pretty much drank it as a daily for the past couple weeks. Definitely will be picking up another. 

And on the plus side, the cork fit perfectly in my W12 bottle who’s screwtop was very questionable.  

Sounds like you got your moneys worth, i have not tried a old tub yet. My next beam will be the single barrel.

7 hours ago, Sgtspitter101 said:

Sounds like you got your moneys worth, i have not tried a old tub yet. My next beam will be the single barrel.

I told her, since you seem to have liked Beam.... I’ll pick a different beam product. I got an eyeroll, I don’t think she realized the OT was a Beam product even after I told her several times and pointed it out on the bottle. 

On 9/26/2020 at 8:39 PM, JakeySnakes said:

IMG_0703.jpg

On 9/27/2020 at 11:48 AM, flahute said:

This is a new favorite of mine and I'm already on my third bottle.

Sounds like I need to crack mine open soon!

• I like it 1

Don’t know what I’ll do after this premium bottle bit the dust. I can only hope to come across another one some day at retail. (It was used for making boiler makers...don’t judge me).

CC3E8ADE-A2D1-4C07-95A3-24F6143E773B.jpeg

Enjoying a huge last pour of a er10. I was looking for a replacement eariler at the bt gift shop but i guess it wasnt that day.

This one was a gift from the boss - started off with heavy cotton candy, an attribute I really don’t like.  It got better after having been opened, but only marginally. Glad I didn’t pay for it 

42AE549D-909E-44C4-BCB3-3E1BB0830351.jpeg

• I like it 1

So I recently learned that MGP gets the majority of their rye grain from Europe.

Interesting!

This pour’s for my buddy @b1gcountry.

AA148C15-68A5-40AC-8169-ACC204E3B42B.jpeg

Edited by 0895

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.