Empty Bottle(s) Support Group ~ 2020

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Earlier in the week I emptied this one. This one was special for reasons beyond the fact that the bourbon itself was a fantastic pick.

I bought this bourbon at The Party Source after getting a private tour of New Riff with Jim Rutledge and one of his business partners. After the tour we went over to TPS to see if they had anything interesting and of course could not pass up a barrel pick of Jim's distillate.

That's a day I'll remember for a very long time. 

18A3BDBA-1066-431C-9663-5E4229AB73D4.jpeg

• I like it 5

1 minute ago, flahute said:

Earlier in the week I emptied this one. This one was special for reasons beyond the fact that the bourbon itself was a fantastic pick.

I bought this bourbon at The Party Source after getting a private tour of New Riff with Jim Rutledge and one of his business partners. After the tour we went over to TPS to see if they had anything interesting and of course could not pass up a barrel pick of Jim's distillate.

That's a day I'll remember for a very long time. 

Attach that photo, Steve!

2 hours ago, flahute said:

Saying goodbye to a WTMK Decades. This was an under appreciated bourbon in my opinion. I'm happy to have another.

CDADFAB4-8E00-4367-966E-3E2757FC7A23.jpeg

Agreed.  Love it.

1 minute ago, Kepler said:

Agreed.  Love it.

I thought I only had one other but was pleased to learn upon this evening's bunker visit to learn that have two more of these!

• I like it 1

12 minutes ago, flahute said:

I thought I only had one other but was pleased to learn upon this evening's bunker visit to learn that have two more of these!

Another good surprise for you. Don't you just love it when you stumble across a nice surprise while bunker diving...

4 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Another good surprise for you. Don't you just love it when you stumble across a nice surprise while bunker diving...

Bunker surprises are the best!

• I like it 1

Squashed this one last night.  I really loved this bottle, but I seem to love every 4RLE.  I wish I could secure the latest version, but I've given up the hunt to you fellas.

IMG_3049.jpg

• I like it 5

Last of a 2015-3 (The Center Cut).    The last of this version in the bunker but plenty of its cousins around to take  its place.

50A64147-474E-4CBF-97B1-1AB830E283EC.jpeg

Edited by markandrex
  • I like it 1

11 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Squashed this one last night.  I really loved this bottle, but I seem to love every 4RLE.  I wish I could secure the latest version, but I've given up the hunt to you fellas.

IMG_3049.jpg

You can never go wrong with Four Roses.

• I like it 3

On 11/23/2020 at 8:58 AM, kemosabe said:

IMG_3049.jpg

A lot of folks didn't like the 17 but I thought it was delicious!!

• I like it 1

On 11/23/2020 at 4:47 PM, markandrex said:

Last of a 2015-3 (The Center Cut).    The last of this version in the bunker but plenty of its cousins around to take  its place.

50A64147-474E-4CBF-97B1-1AB830E283EC.jpeg

I loved that one too. I bunkered a couple I think.

The boys at Total Wine have no clue what they are doing but this one comes from a time when you could throw a dart and pick a winner because they were all good.

Just a fantastic bottle.

F43A07E2-171E-4A1D-8B5F-505D9FCE084B.jpeg

• I like it 4

16 hours ago, Clueby said:

A lot of folks didn't like the 17 but I thought it was delicious!!

I have not SBS'd it with other years, but I also really liked it every time I had it.

13 hours ago, Jfletchgu said:

This was excellent, sad to see it go.

If it's any consolation, the barreled in 2010 is even better, IMO. 

Edited by fosmith
typo
  • I like it 1

On 11/25/2020 at 11:01 PM, flahute said:

The boys at Total Wine have no clue what they are doing but this one comes from a time when you could throw a dart and pick a winner because they were all good.

Just a fantastic bottle.

Interestingly enough,

here they have a local manager from one of our 3 stores and several employees and customers (not me) that do most of the barrel picks.  I’ll give them some credit.  They typically do a very good-excellent job for our local picks.

My palate doesn’t always align with their picks, but they will usually have a sample bottle available for tasting pre-purchase.

At the very least, they are actually picking most of the barrels, unlike another local chain who just takes whatever sight unseen, cuz it will sell regardless. ?

Edited by 0895

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.