Empty Bottle(s) Support Group ~ 2020

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just killed a 1792 Full Proof store pick from 2016.  Have several more in the bunker, from back when I first came across those and horded them. ? ?‍♂️

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, Mattk said:

Like pikesville on steroids. If you do find another let me know... 

like at a different tasting bar, in Saint Louis???

Ok, I’ll let you know.

:P;):)

• I like it 1

On 3/3/2020 at 9:08 PM, 0895 said:

Finished this one up at a local’s tasting bar.  I like it well enough, but not enough to seek out a bottle.  It can be a tad bitter at times.  Otherwise, kinda similar to Pikesville rye.  
I like Cornerstone better.

3C5DBA3B-170F-4AEC-84FE-7C8398B52AE7.jpeg

Hey! We agreed! Glad I Passed on the PHC. Wish I could run into another Cornerstone. 

Wait, check that I’ll hold position and wait for the Rare Breed Rye. 

• I like it 2

ECBP Batch 11.  High Proof candy.  Have always loved that Batch.  Still have 1 more left but it tends to go quickly.

• I like it 2

Finished off a bottle of my attempt at Fishnbowljoe's Weller Blend. It definitely improved with bottle time. I see why Joe (and others) enjoy it so much. I will vat a Joe's Weller Blend again. 

Cheers

• I like it 2

On 3/7/2020 at 1:45 AM, 0895 said:

like at a different tasting bar, in Saint Louis???

Ok, I’ll let you know.

:P;):)

I really loved this bottle. If I can't actually be the one sipping it. I like to live vicariously through those who can.

• I like it 1

Found the bottom of my Booker's 30th Anniversary today. Glad I had this one, but wish had more of the characteristics of the 25th Anniversary bottling. Good and unique, but not at the quality level I felt it should have been for an LE or special Booker's

• I like it 1

I think I'm going to designate Sunday as the evening I pour from a bottle I dont intend on replacing. Tonight it starts with 1792 SmB. I dont hate it, there's just way too many bottles in the price range that do it for me. 

20200308_221340.jpg

• I like it 3

9 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

I think I'm going to designate Sunday as the evening I pour from a bottle I dont intend on replacing. Tonight it starts with 1792 SmB. I dont hate it, there's just way too many bottles in the price range that do it for me. 

Very well thought out, and logical, Whammie!   I should do something like this.   

I have soooo many 'less-favored Bourbons' that I don't mind, or even like pretty well; but, just fail to grab when looking for an afternoon/evening pour.   

...And, many of 'em languish for way too long in a low-fill condition... not ideal for sure.   

I need to make a meaningful commitment (which I have done several times with uneven follow-through) to drain/drink (even if it means mixed), or toss 'em.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, Richnimrod said:

I need to make a meaningful commitment (which I have done several times with uneven follow-through) to drain/drink (even if it means mixed), or toss 'em.

There are 2 bottles that will be getting dropped to mixers for lemonade this summer. Both of which when I pour neat it takes WAAAY too long to get through or I just end up throwing back quickly. 

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

There are 2 bottles that will be getting dropped to mixers for lemonade this summer. Both of which when I pour neat it takes WAAAY too long to get through or I just end up throwing back quickly. 

Yup!   Me too, but, embarrassingly; waaaay more than a couple bottles.....    That's a story for another day, though.   

Suffice it to say, that my hopeful nature has lead me to buy more than a few Bourbons on the chance that each may have been worth having/drinking.

A few have!   ...A VERY few, when it comes to the craft and 'small NDP' brands I used to buy.

• I like it 1

What do you do when everyone is fighting over toilet paper and you don't have any kid's sports/activities on a Saturday?  You kill a few bottles with only a pour or two left.

1.jpg

• I like it 14

My first pour tonight was OBSQ, which I love. Last pour of the night is an OESK bottle kill. I love these 2 recipes. 

20200316_224554.jpg

• I like it 5

I'm in the process of weeding out the "almost empty" bottles.

I hate to see this one go..I picked it up on our last trip to the Motherland.

20200318_191705.jpg

• I like it 1

Finally killed the rest of my 10 year, 7 day 2016 OESV from Binny’s.  This was one seriously good bottle.

26F0AB85-2D22-46EF-8B03-F36C12E3EF4E.jpeg

• I like it 1

Just polished off Bakers 107 7yr. Many have spoken about the appreciation for the brand. It's truly a different Beam. Many great flavors playing well together, and it's the only Beam that doesn't lead with peanuts (or peanut shell). Red fruits, almonds and caramel with hints of cocoa and citrus. So much going on here. The way this story ends is---I now go to the new bottle 8 1/2 yr with great expectations that this brand will continue in excellence and if possible an uptick. Gosh knows we need an uptick about now. :) 

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I'm in the process of weeding out the "almost empty" bottles.

I hate to see this one go..I picked it up on our last trip to the Motherland.

20200318_191705.jpg

I passed this up at the EW Experience as I really didn't have any experience or knowledge of it. Don't remember the $ but I want to say around $60?

• I like it 1

On 3/8/2020 at 11:19 PM, JCwhammie said:

20200308_221340.jpg

Same here.  This one was gifted and I won't be replacing it.

20200320_173040.jpg

• I like it 1

1792 Port Finish -  not much of a fan.

And a couple of 101 "Turklets" (to borrow a term i believe someone on here coined) - big fan!

20200322_163938.jpg

Since there's no empty bottle support thread in the rye section I decided to place this post here (sorry if that's frowned upon). I enjoy this 5yr 7mo quite a bit. 

20200322_214632.jpg

Edited by JCwhammie
  • I like it 2

Since moving to new house - have not yet set up the glass recycle process - so counter has been collecting bottles.  This is the last ~2 month's bourbon empties.  Several were started before moving so not quite as bad as it looks...

IMG_0662.JPG

• I like it 1

Another bottle gone.... and another bottles opened. This was the sweetest cherry popsicle bottle I’ve had yet. 

09F69C39-1AA5-4817-B723-9848828D4616.jpeg

Edited by Not_That_Fancy
  • I like it 1

Tonight’s victim. Started with OGD114, poured the last of this RB, and finished off with ECBP. I have too many bottles that I save the last pour of. This week is dedicated to finishing those.

E0330F35-2F48-4758-BB17-92CE5ADE2193.jpeg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.