What Rye are you Drinking/Purchase (2020)

LCWoody
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 3/30/2020 at 8:30 PM, 0895 said:

Nice.

One of my fondest memories was going to see the Joshua Tree anniversary tour in Louisville back in 2017.

That's good to hear. I saw them on the original Joshua Tree tour back in '87 and strongly considered going to a reunion tour show.

• I like it 1

This is a disappointing pour. Form me it’s like I’m sucking on a peppery tree branch. Very sharp spice. Bunker clunker. Fortunately it was a gift so I didn’t spend money on it.

3A139964-1BBE-45A2-9D47-FD8C07E26C4E.jpeg

I realize that preferences and tastes differ. I had bunkered the KCCSR heavily a year ago and just recently got back to it. I had gone off on a lengthy Booker's and ECBP excursion. Based on my recent experience with it, I've begun bunkering this stuff again. To me it drinks like a superior bourbon with the added excitement of the rye spice. The mouthfeel is heavenly.

• I like it 1

Finishing off this 4 year Willett. 

This was the whiskey that brought me in and I'm still helpless for her charms. 

Cheeky Kulsveens!!

11 hours ago, Ace1943 said:

I realize that preferences and tastes differ. I had bunkered the KCCSR heavily a year ago and just recently got back to it. I had gone off on a lengthy Booker's and ECBP excursion. Based on my recent experience with it, I've begun bunkering this stuff again. To me it drinks like a superior bourbon with the added excitement of the rye spice. The mouthfeel is heavenly.

I think it is spectacular.  One of the best American whiskeys of the last couple years.  The price is the only thing that has kept me from buying more than I have already.  

• I like it 2

That’s interesting. My bottle doesn’t seem to have any of the traditional bourbon notes. I’m usually a big high rye bourbon fan too.

I will give it a try another day in case it’s just a bad combination of whatever else is on my palate.

Edited by mal00768

Baby Saz before dinner today, always an enjoyable pour.

• I like it 2

12 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I think it is spectacular.  One of the best American whiskeys of the last couple years.  The price is the only thing that has kept me from buying more than I have already.  

It is a damn nice pour. and one of those where I've seen the price vary quite a bit (felt it was fairly priced at $59, but have seen it at $80 and a whole lot less enamored with it at that price).   

Down to the last couple pours of a dusty WTR101.  That's one I wish I would have been 'in the know' about before it disappeared, although glad to have gotten at least a couple bottles.

• I like it 1

On 3/31/2020 at 11:51 PM, flahute said:

That's good to hear. I saw them on the original Joshua Tree tour back in '87 and strongly considered going to a reunion tour show.

Me too!  It was actually my very first rock concert ever.  At the Tarrant County Convention Center in Fort Worth, TX!  Since then I've seen most of the biggest names in rock, but that concert remains by far the best one I've ever attended.  Great memory.

Edited by Kepler

24 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Me too!  It was actually my very first rock concert ever.  At the Tarrant County Convention Center in Fort Worth, TX!  Since then I've seen most of the biggest names in rock, but that concert remains by far the best one I've ever attended.  Great memory.

Yeah - that was a special time for U2. That was also the one I considered the best I had seen up until last September when I saw Metallica play with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra. 

• I like it 3

On 4/1/2020 at 6:40 PM, Ace1943 said:

On 4/2/2020 at 6:18 AM, smokinjoe said:

I also love that 2009 KC cask strength rye.  One of my favorite ryes I have opened at the moment.  Not at the level of the very best ryes (THH, Owl #1), but very enjoyable and incredibly drinkable.   Glad I bunkered a couple extra at $60.  

Hit off the infinity tonight. Mostly baby saz and ritt, wit a bit of OF, some random mgp stuff. Seems hotter then usual, wonder what I had last time, but is very tasty. The peepers are out for n the oaks.

On 4/4/2020 at 7:23 PM, LCWoody said:

Having one of my favorite ryes tonight. 

IMG_20200325_175520.jpg

Edited by Mattk
  • I like it 2

Tasting bottles in an aliterative manner. Redemption 10 year rye, rough rider big stick rye, and Rittenhouse BIB rye

IMG_20200411_122529.jpg

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Mattk said:

Tasting bottles in an aliterative manner. Redemption 10 year rye, rough rider big stick rye, and Rittenhouse BIB rye

IMG_20200411_122529.jpg

I love posts like this.  Not that I give a crap about the booze (that’s a lie, yes I do..?), but that the use of a word like “alliterative” that I have no idea what it means, and took me more than a few minutes and google searches to learn it and “get it” about your post, has made me a touch smarter today.  Thanks!  ?

• I like it 2

18 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I love posts like this.  Not that I give a crap about the booze (that’s a lie, yes I do..?), but that the use of a word like “alliterative” that I have no idea what it means, and took me more than a few minutes and google searches to learn it and “get it” about your post, has made me a touch smarter today.  Thanks!  ?

Clearly you need to watch Jeopardy! “Alliterative answers“ are a “common category”. ?

1 hour ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Clearly you need to watch Jeopardy! “Alliterative answers“ are a “common category”. ?

Like Potent Potables!  

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Like Potent Potables!  

Absolutely accurate!

Tried this on vacation last year and liked it enough to pick one up.

Yeah, it’s young (2y+) and craft, but it’s different, and that’s what I like.

68% rye

18% wheat

14% barley 

CEDD51B2-C2E6-4676-99CE-C27F5374B524.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.