Jan. 2020 KY Distillery Trip and Recommendations

Shell
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just came back from touring several of the distilleries in KY in early Jan. 2020- wonderful and memorable experience. 

Highly Recommended tours and tastings:

• Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort (& complimentary!) 

• Four Roses Distillery in Lawrenceburg

• Barton 1792 Distillery in Bardstown (& complimentary!)  

• Willett Distillery in Bardstown

• Kentucky Peerless Distilling in Louisville

• Mitcher's Fort Nelson, Louisville, makes great whiskies and their tasting is quite educational. (Unfortunately, the tour was in their Louisville Welcome Center and not their main Shively operating distillery.)

• We also visited Heaven Hill Welcome Center, Bardstown, in  for a tasting.  (Tours were not available.)  Very informative Heaven Hill history presented by the knowledgable tour guide.

(Unfortunately, we didn’t have time to visit the Old Forrester Distillery and Cooperage, Louisville, or the Independent Stave Company (ISC) Cooperage, Lebanon, KY - although both come recommended from what I’ve read.)

• Also, I highly recommend  the tour and tasting at New Riff Distilling (in Newport, KY - across the Ohio River from Cincinnati) - experienced last June 2019.   Very informative tour and tasting of their excellent rye and high-rye bourbon.

Shell

Edited by Shell
font display corrected
  • I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.