What Bottle Did You Open Today? 2020

Vosgar
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Distilled and Bottled at DSP-KY-31, what a killer bottle! ?  Many thanks to fishnbowljoe for this one!

dant.jpg

• I like it 7

I opened a bottle of CEHT SiB I had for a while but just never opened.  Two words, BOURBON ZEN!  Right now I have to say that it was the best pour of bourbon I have ever experienced.  Caramel, chocolate and dark fruit on the nose and the mouth feel and taste I can only compare it to the one time I had a bottle of Dom Perignon.  Everything on the nose was there in the taste but it was the most balanced smoothest pour ever.  Absolutely no heat just tons of flavor.  Of course it's a SiB so I'll probably never be able to find another but thankfully I have this bottle to savor.

• I like it 5

15 hours ago, Vosgar said:

Distilled and Bottled at DSP-KY-31, what a killer bottle! ?  Many thanks to fishnbowljoe for this one!

The bottle I have is distilled at KY-1 and bottled at KY-31.  I think it's terrific, especially for the price.  Wish it were available here in Calif. so I wouldn't have to pay for shipping from he East Coast. 

After finishing off CEHT BiB I went rooting around in the closet to find this old friend.  Tastes even better than I remembered -  rich, some oak, classic flavor.

IMG_2021.JPG

• I like it 7

like most people that have had this, I can't wait to see what it turns into with more age on the barrels. I think new riff has a bright future.

20200122_204229.jpg

• I like it 1

Classic (to me) Cherry Cola ER flavors from the 1.75. The 750 more off profile, creamy with more of a strawberry nose. 

round 1 to the 1.75. Will revisit again for next week or so to see how they evolve and hopefully pick more bottles of the winner!

FBC3D790-4FD8-4C0D-8864-4573085641AA.jpeg

• I like it 4

Opened up a RRSiB last night. Bunkered this bottle a couple of years ago, standard bottle.

Just a great pour. Don't overlook the standard bottles, searching for a PS, you will be missing out. Remember, at some point, Eddie or Jimmy sampled the barrel and it got their approval to have their name on the bottle. 

Cheers

• I like it 6

7 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Opened up a RRSiB last night. Bunkered this bottle a couple of years ago, standard bottle.

Just a great pour. Don't overlook the standard bottles, searching for a PS, you will be missing out. Remember, at some point, Eddie or Jimmy sampled the barrel and it got their approval to have their name on the bottle. 

Cheers

Great post, particularly the end.  ??

• I like it 4

13 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Classic (to me) Cherry Cola ER flavors from the 1.75. The 750 more off profile, creamy with more of a strawberry nose. 

round 1 to the 1.75. Will revisit again for next week or so to see how they evolve and hopefully pick more bottles of the winner!

FBC3D790-4FD8-4C0D-8864-4573085641AA.jpeg

Doing the same. One ER PS is fantastic and the other running too hot. Have become a firm believer in try before you buy..wouldve stocked up on the good PS. One positive is Mashbill 1 is gaining ground on mash bill 2. 

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Doing the same. One ER PS is fantastic and the other running too hot. Have become a firm believer in try before you buy..wouldve stocked up on the good PS. One positive is Mashbill 1 is gaining ground on mash bill 2. 

Hmmm, while I like both I think I may actually prefer Mash #1 overall.  The EH Taylor line is fantastic to me and ER is always great as well, plus good ol regular BT.  You also get two BTACs from this Mash. MB#2 - Elmer is nice, but not always a homerun, same with Blantons.  Rock Hill Farms is probably my favorite MB2.  Blantons gold as well, but obviously that is hard to obtain.

• I like it 2

16 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

Getting ready for a 10 recipe tasting soon so I opened up an OESO the other night.

I opened an OESO tonight as well, recent one from Binnys (8yr and change).  Great bottle but I’d probably the hottest whiskey I’ve ever had.  

it has been a little while since I have had a bottle of little Stagg open and resting comfortably, so batch 13 has decided to take up that duty. 

975A0AC6-0D7F-43E6-887F-198D726E3634.jpeg

• I like it 3

Opened up a Rowans Creek last night. I won't be replacing this one, I thought it would be close to the Old Bardstown I had a few weeks back but was disappointed. The OB will be a regular in the cabinet as the wife really liked that one.

• I like it 2

32 minutes ago, Whiskey Junkie said:

I opened the wt decades an hour ago, excellent

image.jpg

That’s a fantastic lineup you’ve got there.

• I like it 3

Picked up a bottle of Union Horse bourbon recently. I cracked it open to enjoy while watching the Super Bowl. It's pretty good stuff.

IMG_5125.thumb.JPG.055be10e65ddec607a6b3203940d026f.JPG

I missed out on the recent Stagg Jr batch releases, so I decided to crack open a Batch #6 over the weekend that’s been in the bunker for a while now. 

2831BBDC-726F-41D2-AA87-9CD61AA984CB.jpeg

• I like it 4

@Whiskey Junkie, looks like a great line-up, but then again, I'm biased because two of the three are my creations! ? 

Of the Magnus line-up, which do you prefer, JMB or MHC? 

Cheers,

Nancy

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Rare Breed. 

That old cork did the old WT cork thing of course, but I came prepared with a backup.

20200208_204736.jpg

Veteran move! Well done.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.