Sheep Dog Peanut Butter Whiskey

GaryT
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Admit it . . . you're curious, right?  

Ok - maybe just me.  But when stopping by a local store I hadn't ever been in (which impressed me with their GTS for only $450 - reasonable by other standards) I decided to grab one because I like whiskey, and I like peanut butter, and I heard some reader/listener comments on Whiskycast that sounded like it might not be too bad.

I've never tried the other one, but . . . yeah . . . 

I want to get some additional opinions (that's right @troyce, @smokinjoe, @BigRich - get ready!) before I completely sh!t on it out here.  But wanted to see who else bought a bottle, and their thoughts (I promise to post my thoughts this weekend).  

When I first glanced at the title of this thread, I thought it read, “Sheep Dip Peanut Butter Whiskey”.  Ya’ just never know. :unsure:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

I’ve never tried it, but I have a friend that swears by peanut butter whiskey in a riff on a chocolate martini that tastes like a Reese’s peanut butter cup and some concoction that he makes with Chambord and PB whiskey that tastes like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  Both sound pretty good to me!

• I like it 1

51 minutes ago, Widebody said:

I’ve never tried it, but I have a friend that swears by peanut butter whiskey in a riff on a chocolate martini that tastes like a Reese’s peanut butter cup and some concoction that he makes with Chambord and PB whiskey that tastes like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  Both sound pretty good to me!

I'm thinking that in a cocktail (with a MUCH better mixologist), this has some strong potential.  Just have to get past thinking of this "like a whiskey".  Because . . . it isn't :) But paired which something chocolate . . .  I think they're on to something!

1 hour ago, GaryT said:

I'm thinking that in a cocktail (with a MUCH better mixologist), this has some strong potential.  Just have to get past thinking of this "like a whiskey".  Because . . . it isn't :) But paired which something chocolate . . .  I think they're on to something!

I’d be tempted to try a mix with Goslings Black Seal and a touch of Chambord. 

• I like it 2

On 1/22/2020 at 8:04 PM, Widebody said:

THIS must be a meme making the rounds now.  Was in a liquor store today with my wife looking for some new Bailey's liqueur she wanted, and the sales person steered her to Skrewball PBW, a Sheep Dog competitor.  Clerk even ran through the Reese's and PBJ cocktails mentioned above.  We left with ONE 50 ml of Skrewball which is now in our freezer - clerk having said that out-of-the-freezer is "DE-lish".  While we were there, some guy about 50 YO came in, went straight to the PBW part of the "flavored whiskey" shelf, grabbed a 750 and told us on his way out after paying that he can't get enough of it.  I almost asked him if he'd tried JBW neat but he was TOO FAST.?

This is why we can't have nice things. Just eat some Reese's while drinking a glass of decent bourbon for Pete's sake.

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, EarthQuake said:

This is why we can't have nice things. Just eat some Reese's while drinking a glass of decent bourbon for Pete's sake.

No, no, no! You got it all wrong EQ. We should applaud all the folks that are buying peanut butter flavored liquor. I will also go so far as to say that we should keep encouraging them to do so. Maybe that way some people will become disinterested in bourbon, which might make things a little better for folks like us here. Win! Win! :P

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

And before Vosgar or Galvin 0791 say anything, yes I bought a bottle of Skrewball. :wacko:

Biba! Joe

3 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

And before Vosgar or Galvin 0791 say anything, yes I bought a bottle of Skrewball. :wacko:

Biba! Joe

I just sent a text to your lovely bride asking her to slap the snot out of you......

• I like it 2

Yeah, thanks for back dooring me Bag.  :mellow: We’re out shopping today and my wife gets a text and starts laughing. THAT never happens.  :ph34r:

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

No, no, no! You got it all wrong EQ. We should applaud all the folks that are buying peanut butter flavored liquor. I will also go so far as to say that we should keep encouraging them to do so. Maybe that way some people will become disinterested in bourbon, which might make things a little better for folks like us here. Win! Win! :P

Biba! Joe

I never thought of this - promoting a negative as a positive.  WHAT a concept!  I got this fence that needs whitewashing . . .

19 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

Woo hoo!  Can you bring it to B'town in April?  We can do a blind SBS to determine which is . . . I dunno.  Sorry - automatic reaction.  I may be suffering from Blind SBS'itis or something :lol: 

4 hours ago, GaryT said:

Woo hoo!  Can you bring it to B'town in April?  We can do a blind SBS to determine which is . . . I dunno.  Sorry - automatic reaction.  I may be suffering from Blind SBS'itis or something :lol: 

I also have a few 50 ml bottles of fruit flavored vodka and liqueurs. I’ll bring everything down with me if I’m able to make it. We can have PB& J’s for desert one day. :P

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.