EC Rye......

BottledInBond
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

How was I asleep on HH coming out with EC rye? Has anyone tasted this stuff yet? Their website refers to it as “extra aged” but I don’t see an age statement so who knows what that means besides hopefully it’s more than 4 years? I haven’t seen the MSRP on this yet either but I assume it’s going to fall in between the Ritt and Pikesville price points? Since there is a single barrel program for EC, here I am praying they include this in the barrel program, like the way KC included their rye in their barrel program.....

6 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

Their website refers to it as “extra aged” but I don’t see an age statement so who knows what that means besides hopefully it’s more than 4 years? 

As you already know, it means jack shit. I'm really disappointed in HH for pulling this kind of BS.

Larry Kass, please come back. HH has lost their conscience.

• I like it 2

Saw Fred's review as well (which didn't make a lot of sense to me, talked almost entirely about the 'structure' without saying much about the taste; reading between the lines - didn't want to call it what it was).

While I haven't seen anyone impressed with it, I still want to try it :lol:  Although will save my $30 and hope to see it at the BHC in April as part of a tasting.  Ritt BIB is still my go-to rye.  Sounds like this might be a rye for folks who want to like rye because its cool, but don't really like rye?  And if it steers them away from BETTER ryes . . . go for it ;) 

• I like it 3

On 1/31/2020 at 4:03 AM, GaryT said:

Saw Fred's review as well (which didn't make a lot of sense to me, talked almost entirely about the 'structure' without saying much about the taste; reading between the lines - didn't want to call it what it was).

While I haven't seen anyone impressed with it, I still want to try it :lol:  Although will save my $30 and hope to see it at the BHC in April as part of a tasting.  Ritt BIB is still my go-to rye.  Sounds like this might be a rye for folks who want to like rye because its cool, but don't really like rye?  And if it steers them away from BETTER ryes . . . go for it ;) 

Ritt is so good and affordable. I like a good 95/5 on occasion but high rye bourbon is where my cruise control is set and Ritt drafts right there.

Edited by CUfan99

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.