Worst looking bottle

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

While I was out today I saw a few bottles that caught my eye and not in a good way. The one that was the biggest head scratcher was the 1.75 of the 1792. Nothing appealing about that one. I know thats not relevant to whats in the bottle but dang...thats an ugly sucker. 

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, FasterHorses said:

the 1.75 of the 1792. Nothing appealing about that one. I know thats not relevant to whats in the bottle but dang...thats an ugly sucker. 

Yeah, it's pretty horrible.

The 1.75ml Sazerac Rye is rather ugly too.

I saw my first 1.75L of Basil Hayden’s last week. At first glance I mistook it for a child in lederhosen— not really a scalable design concept.

• I like it 6

11 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

I saw my first 1.75L of Basil Hayden’s last week. At first glance I mistook it for a child in lederhosen— not really a scalable design concept.

I cant picture it. Worse than the giant Eagle Rare?

12 minutes ago, parksmart said:

Willett Pot Still.  Well, unless you need to make a bong.......

? A very generously large one!  ?

6 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

? A very generously large one!  ?

Ha!  You haven’t met some of my acquaintances who are big fans of the Mary Jane......?

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

While I was out today I saw a few bottles that caught my eye and not in a good way. The one that was the biggest head scratcher was the 1.75 of the 1792. Nothing appealing about that one. I know thats not relevant to whats in the bottle but dang...thats an ugly sucker. 

I agree that the family sized 1792 is not a looker at all. The shape is just clumsy looking.

I'm not a fan of any of the current 1792 bottles with their glossy gold perfume bottle caps.  I liked the old style bottle with the wood top and burlap neck collar.

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

Far worse— the understated decoration on the ER10 saves it. I have the perfect analogy photo for the BH— but can no longer post images. 

2 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Totally agree with this, there is something very off about the dimensions they used for the bigger bottle.  I like their standard bottle.

I have a real hang up with the new Elijah Craig bottles. Subconsciously, I think it has reduced my purchases of the product. I really despise the look of those bottles, though I do like the way they pour.

1 hour ago, Soberiquet said:

I have a real hang up with the new Elijah Craig bottles. Subconsciously, I think it has reduced my purchases of the product. I really despise the look of those bottles, though I do like the way they pour.

I like the older EC bottles more as well. But how could they NEVER figure out the correct size of cork to design for it?! Mine were almost always loose. The polar opposite of the KC faux cork. 

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Whaaat? The giant eagle rare is awesome! Agree it’s insanely huge, but because it’s the same bottle as BTAC it makes me envision 1.75s of WLW. . . A kid can dream right?

• I like it 4

40 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Whaaat? The giant eagle rare is awesome! Agree it’s insanely huge, but because it’s the same bottle as BTAC it makes me envision 1.75s of WLW. . . A kid can dream right?

Damn.  I never thought of it like that....?

• I like it 1

This thread has a disturbing lack of photos. In any case this monstrosity is the ugliest bottle:

image.thumb.png.fe9df1ca4c7f922d76e1b02f8bbe0472.png

• I like it 9

34 minutes ago, EarthQuake said:

This thread has a disturbing lack of photos. In any case this monstrosity is the ugliest bottle:

Oh man.............!!

I forgot about that one.

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, EarthQuake said:

Never having seen this one in the wild; Now, I can never UN-see it!     OH! The Humanity!   

I can't even imagine the meeting at which this design was approved . . . by anybody!  ...Let alone by anybody actually trying to sell Bourbon.

7 hours ago, Soberiquet said:

It's been bugging me for a while as to what the new style reminds me of...

mustard.png.e544c80673aeb422216d651c05618b8d.png

• I like it 3

As much as I like the whiskey inside, I hate the Larceny bottles. Just.....awkward. I actually don’t buy it much because of my dislike of the bottle.

• I like it 1

Agree on all of these, particularly Elijah Craig.  I find myself second guessing every ECBP purchase, just because the bottles are so... unspectacular.   Also have a hell of a time distinguishing them from the regular and SP versions when I'm digging through the bunker.

I also get irrationally angry with bottles so tall they won't fit on my bar shelves (looking at you, HWMWND).

4 minutes ago, shawnt said:

I also get irrationally angry with bottles so tall they won't fit on my bar shelves (looking at you, HWMWND).

This is a pet peeve of mine.  The Eagle Rare bottle looks good but it fits in this category so it's not always open in my corner of the kitchen.  I'm glad Stagg Jr. didn't go with this style bottle...

You are forgetting this beauty.

image.png.0db8b7d20c4c8e0ccf045a581975193d.png

And for the record I actually LIKE the 1.75 of Baby Saz and ER10.  They keep their proportions, just bigger.  The 1792, not so much.

• I like it 6

2 hours ago, shawnt said:

I think the E.H. Taylor/ new riff is even taller 

You are forgetting this beauty.
image.png.0db8b7d20c4c8e0ccf045a581975193d.png

And for the record I actually LIKE the 1.75 of Baby Saz and ER10.  They keep their proportions, just bigger.  The 1792, not so much.

We didn’t forget. Just blinded by the awesomeness.
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.