Worst looking bottle

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

7 hours ago, BigRich said:

As much as I like the whiskey inside, I hate the Larceny bottles. Just.....awkward. I actually don’t buy it much because of my dislike of the bottle.

Now that you mention it - yes, it's curvy in all the wrong ways.

You are forgetting this beauty.
image.png.0db8b7d20c4c8e0ccf045a581975193d.png

And for the record I actually LIKE the 1.75 of Baby Saz and ER10.  They keep their proportions, just bigger.  The 1792, not so much.

Yeah forgot it’s awesomeness.

I don't really care what the bottle looks like (with the possible exception of that American Barrel) as long as it comes in a nice wooden box.

• I like it 2

...almost like a keyhole [emoji3]

Yeah, I know but I think this is an example of the new kid in marketing have too much rope without the experienced team saying “you know a customer has to actually hold the bottle, right?”

I could forgive the odd ball Larceny package - if the whiskey was any good.  Three out of four bottles were bottom shelf swill.  I'm done.  They axed the NAS Old Fitz BIB for this? ?

Also, I think the original EC package was one of the best.  The current EC bottle looks like a whole lot of nothing.  It resembles a more generic version of the Angle's Envy bottle.  That's not a good thing.

Generally I'm a big fan of HH, except these glaring examples.

• I like it 1

43 minutes ago, PaulO said:

Also, I think the original EC package was one of the best.  The current EC bottle looks like a whole lot of nothing.  It resembles a more generic version of the Angle's Envy bottle.  That's not a good thing.

Generally I'm a big fan of HH, except these glaring examples.

agree.

I really hate the cheap clunk noise the EC bottle makes when it collides with something.

On 2/12/2020 at 1:15 AM, EarthQuake said:

This thread has a disturbing lack of photos. In any case this monstrosity is the ugliest bottle:

image.thumb.png.fe9df1ca4c7f922d76e1b02f8bbe0472.png

I kinda like it. The "Don't tread on me" flag and a shotgun shell, What could be more American?  Are the contents any good?

My three ugly ducklings I love. Weller is the big ole girl from school you love but don’t want to show her off... Larceny is one of my daily sippers but I feel it has a cheesy label and blocky design. Lastly the redemption bottle was the child of bulleit and Elijah Craig and knob creek. 

Just my opinion but I can complain of any of their contents 

FC25C478-6A9B-4A4C-9590-ABF8E3B0E68D.jpeg

10 hours ago, mross said:

I kinda like it. The "Don't tread on me" flag and a shotgun shell, What could be more American?  Are the contents any good?

The only thing uglier than the bottle is the liquid in it and the guy behind it. It's aged for 3 seconds in a pressure cooker with oak chips or some similar garbage, and the guy has been vocal that the quality of the whiskey doesn't matter, only the marketing.

4 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Whoa!

Finally some competition for Willett Pot Still.

Unfortunately this was a gift and a hard to swallow bottle. 

The ugly gold cork on the 1792 is just bad. The current 1783 is just all wrong, but I'm hoping the new bottle design will help it. I also think that most of Heaven Hill's designs look dated, even the new ones. They all seem straight out of the 90's.

• I like it 1

With the references to the Willett Pot Still “genie bottle”,  I had to chuckle to myself this past weekend. Willet Pot Still 750’s and handles on the shelf behind the counter of one store. LIMIT ONE! 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

The ugly gold cork on the 1792 is just bad. The current 1783 is just all wrong, but I'm hoping the new bottle design will help it. I also think that most of Heaven Hill's designs look dated, even the new ones. They all seem straight out of the 90's.

I really dislike that 1792 gold cork.

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

With the references to the Willett Pot Still “genie bottle”,  I had to chuckle to myself this past weekend. Willet Pot Still 750’s and handles on the shelf behind the counter of one store. LIMIT ONE! 

Biba! Joe

You brought your extended family in to get multi’s right?

?

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

I was at that store this afternoon, Joe. I think you should tell Melissa the sign should read "TAKE ONE.... PLEASE!"

• I like it 4

On 2/12/2020 at 2:54 PM, flahute said:

Now that you mention it - yes, it's curvy in all the wrong ways.

I once dated a girl like this

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.