Four Rose Limited Edition 2019

birdie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am in the UK at the moment and Four Roses LE 2019 is on a number of shelves for around $210, never had this version of FR, quick check on US websites seems to suggest this is a good price, so worth grabbing at that price or pass.

1 hour ago, birdie said:

I am in the UK at the moment and Four Roses LE 2019 is on a number of shelves for around $210, never had this version of FR, quick check on US websites seems to suggest this is a good price, so worth grabbing at that price or pass.

It all depends on how you feel about Four Roses. If you love Four Roses, you’ll probably love this vintage too. It is my favorite year since probably the 2012. It does have a 21 year old OBSV as one of the components in the blend and some people that are sensitive to oaky bourbons may not like that aspect. To me it isn’t overbearing at all, very well balanced with the other traditional FR profile aspects. 

That price is a little over MSRP but certainly below many gouge prices (Or secondary) in the US. Personally I would buy a few at that price. But then I’ve also been trying to stock up on this release recently. For what it’s worth I traded a bottle of Stagg for one this week, and a month ago I traded an Old Fitz 13 + a RHF for another. Some people may think those are bad trades for me but I’ve had plenty of Stagg/Old Fitz/RHF and I just really like the 19 FR

Enjoy your trip

Edited by BottledInBond
  • I like it 2

1 hour ago, birdie said:

MSRP in the states is $150 so that is a bit more.  Then again MSRP may be higher overseas with different tariffs. . .  Either way, its a bottle you are not likely to run into on shelves in the states and you are traveling so a perfect time to splurge!  If I had the funds I would probably buy one to drink on vacation and one to bring home.  

One note here... Often overseas bottles are a bit smaller, so check for the volume before estimating the price value quotient.   Over here you get ordinarily 750 ml, often foreign bottles of the same brands are only 700 ml.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

It all depends on how you feel about Four Roses. If you love Four Roses, you’ll probably love this vintage too. It is my favorite year since probably the 2012. It does have a 21 year old OBSV as one of the components in the blend and some people that are sensitive to oaky bourbons may not like that aspect. To me it isn’t overbearing at all, very well balanced with the other traditional FR profile aspects. 

That price is a little over MSRP but certainly below many gouge prices (Or secondary) in the US. Personally I would buy a few at that price. But then I’ve also been trying to stock up on this release recently. For what it’s worth I traded a bottle of Stagg for one this week, and a month ago I traded an Old Fitz 13 + a RHF for another. Some people may think those are bad trades for me but I’ve had plenty of Stagg/Old Fitz/RHF and I just really like the 19 FR

Enjoy your trip

I would call those good trades and would likely do the same. (Depending on which year of Stagg we're talking about since the King is my favorite).

It was $175 a couple of months ago (£135) in some places but I guess if you're after it then go for it, it's certainly a good pour, even if there's 50ml missing. 

18 minutes ago, flahute said:

I would call those good trades and would likely do the same. (Depending on which year of Stagg we're talking about since the King is my favorite).

It was a 2019 GTS. Certainly delicious whiskey but it doesn’t quite hold up to the best years of Stagg to me. I would’ve been totally happy to drink it of course, but I’m hooked on this year’s Four Roses right now.

18 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

It was a 2019 GTS. Certainly delicious whiskey but it doesn’t quite hold up to the best years of Stagg to me. I would’ve been totally happy to drink it of course, but I’m hooked on this year’s Four Roses right now.

Totally agree on your assessment of ‘19 GTS and yep - I like this years 4RLE better as well. 

On 2/14/2020 at 3:52 PM, beasled said:

It was $175 a couple of months ago (£135) in some places but I guess if you're after it then go for it, it's certainly a good pour, even if there's 50ml missing. 

I am heading up to Edgebaston in the next day or two to see family, would you mind telling me where you saw it for 135 pounds as that is cheaper than here where I am in north London. (Tottenham)

On 2/14/2020 at 12:51 PM, Bob_Loblaw said:

MSRP in the states is $150 so that is a bit more.  Then again MSRP may be higher overseas with different tariffs. . .  Either way, its a bottle you are not likely to run into on shelves in the states and you are traveling so a perfect time to splurge!  If I had the funds I would probably buy one to drink on vacation and one to bring home.  

Correct, never seen it on a shelf in the US at MSRP, my brother in Chicago says he knows a couple of places where it is on the shelf but north of $350

On 2/14/2020 at 5:32 PM, flahute said:

Totally agree on your assessment of ‘19 GTS and yep - I like this years 4RLE better as well. 

I would have been happy with those trades as well. I haven't had the '19 GTS but I had a bottle of '18 and '17. The 2019 FRSBLE is better than both of them in my opinion - better than the '18 GTS by a fairly big margin I would say. And I'm generally a big fan of GTS, but I'm a real sucker for Four Roses. I'm sure I would cave and grab another one at $210, even though that's about $50 more than my bottle cost.

12 hours ago, birdie said:

I am heading up to Edgebaston in the next day or two to see family, would you mind telling me where you saw it for 135 pounds as that is cheaper than here where I am in north London. (Tottenham)

Hmmm last time I checked it was £135 on Master of Malt, that was a few weeks ago, sold out now but took it's time. 

If I see anything else I'll let you know. 

10 hours ago, EarthQuake said:

I would have been happy with those trades as well. I haven't had the '19 GTS but I had a bottle of '18 and '17. The 2019 FRSBLE is better than both of them in my opinion - better than the '18 GTS by a fairly big margin I would say. And I'm generally a big fan of GTS, but I'm a real sucker for Four Roses. I'm sure I would cave and grab another one at $210, even though that's about $50 more than my bottle cost.

If we could figure out a way to arrange an Iowa/ CityMinnesota/Seattle meet up, it sounds like you, BIB, and I are fairly well aligned and would have a great time.

2 hours ago, flahute said:

If we could figure out a way to arrange an Iowa/ CityMinnesota/Seattle meet up, it sounds like you, BIB, and I are fairly well aligned and would have a great time.

Bardstown is Beautiful in April and September...Just sayin’...  ?

• I like it 1

41 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

BOOM! That’s exactly the encouragement I was counting on!

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Well, April and most any weekend in September other than one when it gets really crowded and the hotels are very expensive... :D

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.