Quarantine

DanP
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Pretty much the same as the above.  I have plenty of bottles to last a 30 day quarantine.  That said, I do need some wine for the wife and beer for the house.  I also picked up another WTRB today and have two more waiting for me tomorrow at another store.  Best current bottle at the < $45 price range at the moment IMO.

• I like it 2

I'm currently on a self quarantine myself, was supposed to be off next week as Thursday is my 40th, but fortunately I did some preparation before hand and made some new friends though so all is not lost...

y4mAwFFrKx6-iNM6S72kctGo5alQN5CyidZg18h1

• I like it 5

I have enough to cover a 14 day quarantine but seems like some people don't.  The MD governor closed schools for theee weeks.  Was in the LS today, and the guy says it was like a bomb hit the place yesterday.  He says every customer was either a teacher or a mother.  One couldn't deal with being out of work, the other couldn't deal with kids that long.

• I like it 3

5 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

I'm currently on a self quarantine myself, was supposed to be off next week as Thursday is my 40th, but fortunately I did some preparation before hand and made some new friends though so all is not lost...

y4mAwFFrKx6-iNM6S72kctGo5alQN5CyidZg18h1

Wait, what....???

I feel like you and I are often "bourbon brothers" on a lot of stuff, but I turn 40 next Friday.

I took the whole week off as well.

My record collection may not be up to par with yours, but I plan on busting out some good vinyl next week.

I'm also planning on some serious bunker diving come Friday!

Cheers to turning 40, bourbon brother.  Pm me for my address if you feel like making the trek to STL to celebrate!

:) ?

• I like it 2

13 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I have enough in the bunker to survive a nuclear winter

Winner!  

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

55 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Wait, what....???

I feel like you and I are often "bourbon brothers" on a lot of stuff, but I turn 40 next Friday.

I took the whole week off as well.

My record collection may not be up to par with yours, but I plan on busting out some good vinyl next week.

I'm also planning on some serious bunker diving come Friday!

Cheers to turning 40, bourbon brother.  Pm me for my address if you feel like making the trek to STL to celebrate!

:) ?

I may just take you up on that when we get to the other side of this, I haven't been to STL in nearly 10 years, the last time I was there your baseball team won a championship.

No photo description available.

I've been on calls all week and likely will be off and on for the near future, it will be interesting the next few weeks but on the positive side I'm in the best health of my adult life. Hoping to be able to do a good bunker dive Thursday and if I do there will certainly be evidence here. Hope you enjoy your 40th Bourbon Bro!

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

I have enough in the bunker to survive a nuclear winter

The combined membership of this forum, if all gathered in the same place with full bunkers, could rule the world in case of the apocalypse.

• I like it 8

With inclement weather in the forecast this weekend and for a good number of days in the current 10 day forecast, I may finally get around to doing a long overdue Spring cleaning as well as cellar/bunker inventory.  Wife, myself and many friends would take quite awhile to plow through all the liquor, wine and champagne I’ve amassed for the past couple of decades.  Kinda looking forward to some likely surprises when I open boxes that haven’t been touched in years.......??‍♂️ ?

10 hours ago, flahute said:

The combined membership of this forum, if all gathered in the same place with full bunkers, could rule the world in case of the apocalypse.

we would certainly have enough "Hand Sanitizer"

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, flahute said:

42 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

And one hell of a bonfire ? .

• I like it 1

It's getting crazy in Europe right now. In some parts of Germany they fought over toilet-paper. Yesterday I bought some Makers and WT 101, just to make sure I don't have to leave the house. I think there will be a total lockdown in the part where I live within the next week. Things getting interesting then. 

• I like it 1

28 minutes ago, Sven Heuchert said:

It's getting crazy in Europe right now. In some parts of Germany they fought over toilet-paper. Yesterday I bought some Makers and WT 101, just to make sure I don't have to leave the house. I think there will be a total lockdown in the part where I live within the next week. Things getting interesting then. 

Sometimes we fail to realize others besides us here in the states are affected by things. Thanks for giving us another perspective of this Sven. Take care and be safe. 

Joe

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

And one hell of a bonfire ? .

The angle I was going for is that we would all have incredibly valuable currency.

• I like it 3

41 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Sometimes we fail to realize others besides us here in the states are affected by things. Thanks for giving us another perspective of this Sven. Take care and be safe. 

Joe

Thanks Joe! I'll be safe, hopefully. I don't fear the virus at all, it is more the hysteria-affected people that worry me a little bit. 

• I like it 3

5 minutes ago, flahute said:

The angle I was going for is that we would all have incredibly valuable currency.

Are you saying we could use our whiskey to negotiate purchases with nefarious arms dealers? :D

• I like it 1

Got plenty, but maybe I need something more medicinal. Like Laphroiag.

Edited by Whiskeythink.com
  • I like it 1

8 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Are you saying we could use our whiskey to negotiate purchases with nefarious arms dealers? :D

It has all the makings of an advantageous alliance!

2 minutes ago, flahute said:

It has all the makings of an advantageous alliance!

We'll have your brother do the negotiating :) That boy is quite the smooth talker!

• I like it 1

46 minutes ago, flahute said:

Ah, gotcha.

Spring is coming.

I’ll Probably keep my bourbon and just wipe my rear with leaves. ?

Just now, 0895 said:

I’ll Probably keep my bourbon and just wipe my rear with leaves. ?

Arrrgh! My eyes, my eyes. Bleach, please - I need bleach!  ?

• I like it 2

46 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

I’m sure there are more than a few of us who have no such needs in either of those areas......... ?

• I like it 3

Some signs of craziness here in the UK. Some toilet paper and dried food hoarding going on, though the supermarkets are having sense to start limiting numbers. Expect our PM will declare lock down next week based on the responses of other countries. 

In the mean time, the bunker is generously flowing with firm faves, lots of WT, Baker's and the old EC12 in stock. Bring it.

Hoping everyone stays safe and most importantly, sane. 

• I like it 7

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.