What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's my 40th, after I am done with my last conference call I'm taking a ride to my parents place and my Mom is going to leave some Corned Beef and Cabbage on the front steps for me.  My current job is supporting healthcare and my dad is high risk so we are being very careful. I might bring my folding rocking chair so I can chat with them for a little while if it isn't raining. I'm kicking the day off with a pour of 150 month Beam from the year I was born that used to be in a train car, I decanted this one last year, it's actually better than I remember. I think I'm going with these once I get back a bottom shelf Canadian bottled the year I was born to go with Dinner, a scotch that was born 6 years before me but is 10 years younger, an Armagnac that's at least as old as I am and Decades because obviously. 

y4m1_zOapmhFxi-A6m-31Mxg0H5vBSxjUm4yLd1e

• I like it 21

52 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

It's my 40th, after I am done with my last conference call I'm taking a ride to my parents place and my Mom is going to leave some Corned Beef and Cabbage on the front steps for me.  My current job is supporting healthcare and my dad is high risk so we are being very careful. I might bring my folding rocking chair so I can chat with them for a little while if it isn't raining. I'm kicking the day off with a pour of 150 month Beam from the year I was born that used to be in a train car, I decanted this one last year, it's actually better than I remember. I think I'm going with these once I get back a bottom shelf Canadian bottled the year I was born to go with Dinner, a scotch that was born 6 years before me but is 10 years younger, an Armagnac that's at least as old as I am and Decades because obviously. 

Happy Birthday-- nice choice for appropriate bottles and beverages. Where's the Glenfarclas 1980 Family Cask?

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

Happy Birthday........kid!  ;) Hope you have a great day. Cheers to you and your family.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Happy Birthday, Kevin!  Raising my glass of Beam Double Oak your way to toast your day.  Cheers!

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Happy birthday Kevin!

I've tried finding a bottle from the year I was born, but that was so long ago they all have four figure price tags :D

• I like it 3

2 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Happy Birthday-- nice choice for appropriate bottles and beverages. Where's the Glenfarclas 1980 Family Cask?

If only my friend, I did have my eyes on a few bottles that I didn't get around to picking up before chaos set, when things get back to normal I'll grab them for some other year.

This may or may not be my last pour of my Birthday either way it is as fantastic as I remember it being

y4mwxISImKvegeO5V5iiMogWuSXh_jiFTATIzDM7

• I like it 6

Spring?  SPRING?  SPRING?!!?   We have had NO SNOW!  WHEN DOES WINTER GET HERE!  Not that I want it to, BTW.  But "Spring" means I am expected to do YARD WORK.

ON THREAD -- While I started with Teelings Irish with ice, I am now deep into OGD BIB (SURPRISE!!) as I watch "news" on TV.  What was that "Western" channel again?  ENCORE WESTERNS is its name.  What a great all-nighter this will be.

• I like it 4

I'm into the OGD BIB too.  What a solid pour.  Mini me finally went to sleep.  Today I heard - no school until after May 1st.

I was supposed to be in Rickhouse A with Eddie this morning and at Heaven Hill this afternoon to select with my local group. 

Instead, I’ll be screening staff and visitors at my hospital in a tent. Not how I thought this week would go. 

Last night, a little side by side. CBC last EC pick and C919. 

I’m a ‘lawrenceburg man’ to the core but ECBP is available in my market for less than $65 otd. Might be the best thing going. 

4FF48B9D-D2BE-4911-8773-FEA490AD3D84.jpeg

Edited by Mako254
  • I like it 7

Enjoyed the mild weather last night. This has just been ok for my but was damn good with a cigar. Was like caramel drizzle.

6259ED53-71FA-4A7A-A976-C2E4E0A8E483.jpeg

18 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

Happy Birthday from one Kevin to another.  If I close my eyes and think really, really hard, I can kind of remember my 40th birthday. 

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

If only my friend, I did have my eyes on a few bottles that I didn't get around to picking up before chaos set, when things get back to normal I'll grab them for some other year.

I've seen prices on this Special Release drop dramatically over the past year, could be a contender…

the-cally-40-year-old-1974-special-release-2015-whisky.thumb.jpg.7e2662efb92c7f98b62d4aa6e1072c30.jpg

4 hours ago, Mako254 said:

I was supposed to be in Rickhouse A with Eddie this morning and at Heaven Hill this afternoon to select with my local group. 

Instead, I’ll be screening staff and visitors at my hospital in a tent. Not how I thought this week would go. 

I’m a ‘lawrenceburg man’ to the core but ECBP is available in my market for less than $65 otd. Might be the best thing going. 

I feel your pain, friend.

I was supposed to be in KY touring / picking this week as well.

Back to the hospital on Monday...

been in contact w/ some coworkers this week and simply put, I’m dreading my return to work.  

On a positive note, ECBP might be some of the best barrel proof bourbon ever released and at a very fair price.

Nice sbs!

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 1

5 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Did the group custom make that bug red 11 label? Very cool.

8 hours ago, Mako254 said:

Visiting Rickhouses back in KY is the best way to spend your day. Everyone in the healthcare space is doing the heavy lifting of the world right now and I think I speak for all of us, we hope you and your coworkers stay safe and continue to battle this evil virus. Keep the high proof flowing and know there will be time and futures trips to our favorite bourbon aging facilities in the coming months and years.

• I like it 2

Going through the bunker, and finishing bottles that are nearly empty, to make room. 

While it's a solid pour, it's not one that I buy, unless it's on sale. For the $$, I prefer VOB 90, or 100, when I can find it.

20200320_173040.jpg

• I like it 1

Sipping some Michters Toasted Barrel. A good friend gifted it to me after my first clean scan 3 months after my cancer surgery. 4 months removed now and still feeling strong?

20200320_173934.jpg

Edited by GTStagg
  • I like it 8

On 3/19/2020 at 8:03 PM, kevinbrink said:

A belated happy 40th Kevin! All the best to you and your family. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.