What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

After all was said and done yesterday, I settled in with a nice pour of FR’s. ?  

Some folks here, myself included, will drink a barrel proof product and say, “This sure doesn’t drink like it’s 120 proof.” On the other end of the spectrum, I have to say that FR’s sure doesn’t drink like It’s 80 proof.  

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

After all was said and done yesterday, I settled in with a nice pour of FR’s. ?  

Some folks here, myself included, will drink a barrel proof product and say, “This sure doesn’t drink like it’s 120 proof.” On the other end of the spectrum, I have to say that FR’s sure doesn’t drink like It’s 80 proof.  

Biba! Joe

Agree.  People always give me a weird look when I say it's one of my favorites.  They always go "the cheap, 80p one?"

(bewilderment increases the more "experienced" they are with bourbon)

And I'm like "hell yes!"

And if your're out at a social function and need to keep it respectable, this is a bourbon you can (or at least I can) drink a decent amount of without embarrassing myself any more than I already do sober.

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

You slip over the river to Illinois again? ;) Nice pour. Hope it was great.

Biba! Joe

No, unfortunately that bottle had to come from Europe.  If WT 13y DS was available in IL, I might just move over there.  ?

Honestly, it is very close to the WT diamond bottle that came out here several years back.

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

You slip over the river to Illinois again? ;) Nice pour. Hope it was great.

Biba! Joe

Pay no attention to the moderator, we need all the tax revenue we can get

• I like it 2

19 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Pay no attention to the moderator, we need all the tax revenue we can get

I can’t win. I just can’t win. ?

Biba! Joe

Tonight, it's Virgin 101 7 YR.  I have close to a dozen ryes opened.  I really ought to sample them more often and finish up some of the "almost gone" taking up floor space in the dining room.  Maybe . . .

EDIT - Maybe WHAT?!  Maybe since I won't be driving anywhere for a couple weeks, I should start "earlier and more often".?  Naw.  Doing so will impede my ability to figure out how to work xFinity's On Demand.:D

Edited by Harry in WashDC
  • I like it 1

On 3/22/2020 at 10:08 AM, kevinbrink said:

Thanks my friend, long time no see hope all is well with you!

Recovering from a probable case of Covid-19.  My doctor's office would not administer test because I did not meet the criteria at the time and could not because no tests were available.  Acquired on NJ Transit or the NY Subway.  Kicked my a** but thankfully was able to recover at home.  Lost sense of taste and smell/got pink eye.  Thankfully got taste and smell back.  Will probably have a sip (of Weller) for the first time in a month this weekend.  Be well and wash your hands!

• I like it 11

2 minutes ago, El Vino said:

Recovering from a probable case of Covid-19.  My doctor's office would not administer test because I did not meet the criteria at the time and could not because no tests were available.  Acquired on NJ Transit or the NY Subway.  Kicked my a** but thankfully was able to recover at home.  Lost sense of taste and smell/got pink eye.  Thankfully got taste and smell back.  Will probably have a sip (of Weller) for the first time in a month this weekend.  Be well and wash your hands!

Take care and get well glad to see you are moving in the right direction. 

Did my one day out today as I had to go to the pharmacy and do some grocery shopping.  Things were a bit surreal with so many stores closed.  Local gas station had regular at $1.67.   Went to Costco which was regulating entry on demand and sanitizing carts for each customer as they cam e into the store.  There were about 20 people in the store.  Picked up a bottle of Stranahan’s to try.  Should be set for another week at home.

DF50A43E-B6DC-4024-9420-1B88317AD82F.jpeg

13 minutes ago, El Vino said:

Take care El Vino. Wishing you the best in this trying time.

Joe

19 minutes ago, El Vino said:

Distressed to hear that you may have contracted the virus, but very glad to hear you are on the road to recovery.  Keep getting well!  

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Take care El Vino. Wishing you the best in this trying time.

Joe

Thanks!

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Distressed to hear that you may have contracted the virus, but very glad to hear you are on the road to recovery.  Keep getting well!  

Thank you!

1 hour ago, kevinbrink said:

Take care and get well glad to see you are moving in the right direction. 

Appreciate it, thanks!

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, El Vino said:

Wishing you a speedy recovery sir!

Can't believe it's only Wednesday - killed the last of a Blantons with some chips and salsa tonight.

IMG_20200325_192838.thumb.jpg.4c4fdeea8b88214dc3308be7fff37300.jpg

• I like it 2

1 minute ago, GaryT said:

Can't believe it's only Wednesday - killed the last of a Blantons with some chips and salsa tonight.

Thank you!  So my wife and daughter want to do taco Thursday.  May have to push my schedule forward and have a Blanton’s too?!

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, El Vino said:

Damn. I'm glad to hear you're on the upswing! 

El vino, 

glad to hear you are on your way to recovering. Take care, get plenty of rest. 

14 minutes ago, StarSurfer55 said:

El vino, 

glad to hear you are on your way to recovering. Take care, get plenty of rest. 

Yes, sir!  Thanks!

3 hours ago, El Vino said:

Whoooo.   Glad to hear that you're past the stage where you were miserable.   Hope you feel hale and hearty quite soon.   ?

Take my advice and don't rush back into action too soon... nor assume you're now immune and take a chance you shouldn't.   ...Just sayin'..... ?

10 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Whoooo.   Glad to hear that you're past the stage where you were miserable.   Hope you feel hale and hearty quite soon.   ?

Take my advice and don't rush back into action too soon... nor assume you're now immune and take a chance you shouldn't.   ...Just sayin'..... ?

That’s good advice.  You are the good angel on my right shoulder.  I’ll listen.  And thanks!

1 hour ago, GaryT said:

Last night, I finished the Blanton's I found in my clothes closet late last week.  I have no idea how it got there or how long it was back there.  Ah, memories . . .  As I posted earlier, I started with Virgin 101 7 year.  After one of those well before dinner and a Pikesville rye 110 Manhattan with dinner (TJ's meatloaf, Bob Evans fridge mashed potatoes, and some lettuce leaves),  I'm now finishing the Pikesville with homemade from a box "angel lush" cake.  It's not a bourbon, but . . .

• I like it 1

Attempted a Larceny BP and failed. I somehow managed to come down with the flu at the comfort and isolation of my house. Feels like I'm running barbwire through my throat. My nose is useless. This isn't working.

Been working my way through a JBDC (my first)  and finished with a nice pour of ECBP. The former is very nice at the price point and the latter is just fantastic as always.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.