What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today (Spring 2020)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

17 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Whoooo.   Glad to hear that you're past the stage where you were miserable.   Hope you feel hale and hearty quite soon.   ?

Take my advice and don't rush back into action too soon... nor assume you're now immune and take a chance you shouldn't.   ...Just sayin'..... ?

This is great advice.  After I turned 50, I began to adopt  the following philosophy when I had any illness.  When I recovered to the point that I felt like I could go back to work, I would stay home one more day.  I found that this really helped me to fully recover from colds or the flu.  Us old farts need more time to heal.

• I like it 4

1 minute ago, StarSurfer55 said:

This is great advice.  After I turned 50, I began to adopt  the following philosophy when I had any illness.  When I recovered to the point that I felt like I could go back to work, I would stay home one more day.  I found that this really helped me to fully recover from colds or the flu.  Us old farts need more time to heal.

That is absolutely what I've discovered (& am repeatedly reminded of) since I passed about 55.   In those 16-years since, this actually has accelerated, in fact.   Stay safe, my friend!

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

That is absolutely what I've discovered (& am repeatedly reminded of) since I passed about 55.   In those 16-years since, this actually has accelerated, in fact.   Stay safe, my friend!

Good advice for all.  Stay well, you young pup!   ?

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

Good advice for all.  Stay well, you young pup!   ?

Trying my best, Frank... Ya' Ole Dawg!   ?

• I like it 1

One trying week at work.  Headed out to enjoy a Beam Double Oak over a handful of ice in my new Yeti that I got for Christmas.  Need it on this 88 degree  afternoon.  Hopefully, the hot Sun will do what it’s suppose to do, and help with the CV.  ?

16356D0D-BBE9-44EF-9D2E-A5DF03AB1C5B.jpeg

• I like it 3

So it’s Friday afternoon and the one day of the week that I indulge myself. I am dry all week except on Fridays. Had someStranahans to star.t then moved to some Weller SR. Finally finished up with some Willett pot still. An afternoon spent drinking bourbon with NSR playing.  It was Time Well Wasted. 

• I like it 1

After a verrrry long week, time to relax.  I'm in the mood for something laid back.  2006 EW Single Barrel fits the bill perfectly.

• I like it 2

54 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

One trying week at work.  Headed out to enjoy a Beam Double Oak over a handful of ice in my new Yeti that I got for Christmas.  Need it on this 88 degree  afternoon.  Hopefully, the hot Sun will do what it’s suppose to do, and help with the CV.  ?

I second that. Same here on all accounts!

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, JGriff said:

Hope everyone is staying safe out there.  Cheers 

A1C5D029-D83E-4F02-9431-5B42CE3FC7E0.jpeg

Good choice. This one might be in my future (later tonight)

On 3/26/2020 at 1:41 AM, Kane said:

Attempted a Larceny BP and failed. I somehow managed to come down with the flu at the comfort and isolation of my house. Feels like I'm running barbwire through my throat. My nose is useless. This isn't working.

I hope you are feeling better today.  Bourbon and honey with a dash of lemon may have no taste, but it makes me mellow.

edit - yard work before rain tonight and tomorrow.  It was in the high 60s.  Had a hefty Grandpa Weller 4 grain while taking a long shower after. Turvis tumbler with a cap and straw.  What little water may have trickled in had no effect best as I can tell.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
Oh yeah. The thread . . .

On 3/26/2020 at 3:02 PM, StarSurfer55 said:

Some of us just don't get out of bed until we feel like it, sick or not.  Taught the cat to get us granola bars in the AM or he doesn't get treats.  Now, if I could just teach him to bring me a glass of bourbon after I get in bed at night . . .B)  WIFE: Where you going at 3AM?  ME: Bathroom.  HER: Downstairs??  NOW, I remember why that Blanton's was in the closet with my old shoes.:blink:

EDIT - VBT # 721 neat tonight.  "Vienna Blood" is on the tube tonight.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
Oh yeah, thread drift correction --
  • I like it 4

1 hour ago, JGriff said:

793CFFA4-21CC-48A8-A8D9-3F48CEE17CBD.jpeg

Pour looks a little short to me.  Fish out those cubes and put 'em in your water glass for later.  Trust me on this.  I wasn't a bartender, but I WAS a barfly in grad school -swept floors and cleaned the kitchen for drinks.:blink:

• I like it 1

Had a pour of Bulliett Barrel Strength B4. I do not like regular Bulleitt at all, but I'm really enjoying this bottle (4Rs?) & may grab another next trip to the grocery store. Now to bed early for work - I'm sure it's gonna be nutty day  at the hospital tomorrow!

5 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

16356D0D-BBE9-44EF-9D2E-A5DF03AB1C5B.jpeg

You are so right. For our virtual beer:30 I didn't mess around and brought out the King - some 2017 GTS to celebrate finishing a tough week.

• I like it 1

My first pour tonight was a tall pour of WT101 on a big clear ice clock I made in my lunchbox cooler. It was honestly incredible. Such a fine whiskey, and unquestionably the best value on the market IMO.

Nevertheless, it was actually my first pour of it in a long time. I picked up a 1L to be my quarantine sipper, as I will probably be fully remote work for the next 14 days. I’m sure I’ll have plenty of the 101 left at the end of that period, but it will help me avoid killing too many other bottles that are running <25%.

I actually surveyed my collection out of curiosity as I was working that math. I have 28 bottles in total, with 8 of them opened: a craft rye from Ohio, HW MWND, my infinity bottle, OGD114, Blantons, W12, ECBP, and now the WT101. The opens should be more than plenty to last me through the worst of the covid-19 at least, with a good mix of quality and variety.

I hope you and your loved ones are safe and healthy, and that you’re drinking something great!

• I like it 2

On 3/26/2020 at 12:41 AM, Kane said:

Attempted a Larceny BP and failed. I somehow managed to come down with the flu at the comfort and isolation of my house. Feels like I'm running barbwire through my throat. My nose is useless. This isn't working.

Flu?  It's just as likely the Wuhan coronavirus. Have you called your doctor?  Take care of yourself and those around you buddy. 

Not quite bourbon, but Sunny Brook Kentucky blended whiskey with a 1979 bottle date.  Not nearly as good as a Hiram Walker blended I had from the early 70s a few months ago.  Least it wasn’t an expensive proposition, as I found a few in a lonely corner of a LLS a couple weeks ago.  

Edited by parksmart
  • I like it 1

WT101 for starters. Now onto 4R PS OESV. Happy Friday. Stay well

Cheers

• I like it 1

I took a pour of Rare Breed, big cube, a dash of water, a small spoonful of Luxardo cherry juice and a cherry. I liked it a lot, very smooth and mellow.

Yet again tried to give Noah’s Mill a chance and it just let me down.

Extremely hot with little nose and overwhelming palette of baking spices. I’m a little disappointed.

Morning all, yes I'm still around though currently in quarantine.  I discovered to my surprise one of our locals is taking phone orders for pickup or delivery so I placed a call.  To make it easy on the lady who answered the phone (the place was quite busy and understaffed) rather than give her a list I just asked what Bourbons were in stock and that's how I acquired a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 which I haven't had in years.

Will be posting some tasting notes later after I wash out the Glencairn.

• I like it 10

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.